Is there any reason?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
For me not to believe the hawks are going to come out in this first game looking like they are sleep walking?

It just feels like they are going to come out and look like POO on offense and on defense, let Tannehill shred them underneath and get zero pressure on him. Ugh. this feel like one of those trap games where they think they can just show up and they will win. Tell me im wrong!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
How about this:

Seattle has won its home opener every single year since 2009. In those 7 games, the most points the Seahawks have allowed is 16, to the Packers in 2014.

The average score of those 7 games has been 27-6.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":1ivbx6su said:
"There's never been any reason" Head East.
Excellent song, really good entire album. Recommend the song Jefftown Creek highly. Saw 'em twice in the 70s. Really good live.

As for the question at hand, I don't see it. I think this team is focused, no Owl hangover, etc.

kobebryant

Reaction score
You are wrong.

The Hawks are going to come out of the gate on fire and dominate. Better QB, better runners, better receiving options, better D, better coaching, homefield.

Largent80

Reaction score
Fact. When the Seahawks have been the #1 seed, they went to the Superbowl each time.

Erebus

Reaction score
Don't forget who our opponent is. People may be scared of Suh blowing up Britt, but he is literally the only player on that team that poses a threat to us. We should shred the rest of their team.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I wish I could be as confident.

Yes everything points to us demoralizing them and we haven't lost a home opener in 7 years but trends are often broken when you least expect it and we have a history of playing down to our competition sometimes.

My biggest concern is the Seahawks make their hay in the film room. Studying the opponent and preparing for what they bring but with Adam Gase as a new head coach, we don't have any real game tape on them so that nullifies a big part of what makes this team great.

We also tend to start slow and force the running game and that play's into their only strength. Changing that up can also be scary because Wilson often starts off slow in games and takes a bit to get his rhythm.

I'm hopeful we come out storming and hopeful I'm just being paranoid but until the game starts and we show we can execute, I'm a little on the nervous side.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think this will be a difficult game. Adam Gase is a good coach and to quote Michael Bennett 'the Greek Gods' wouldn't have beaten the Seahawks in that Denver Super Bowl.

They will be organised. They'll have been planning for this game to the Nth negree. They will have some success in the pass rush.

That said, they also lack talent because for the last few years they've had too many coaches, too many people influencing personnel decisions and it's created a roster with about ten different sets of fingerprints on it.

IMO it'll be a slow start by the Seahawks as we've often seen but they win it in the second half -- but not by much.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Erebus":zy9uzrtk said:
Don't forget who our opponent is. People may be scared of Suh blowing up Britt, but he is literally the only player on that team that poses a threat to us. We should shred the rest of their team.

Nope. Cameron Wake is a huge threat coming off the edge, as is Jarvis Landry on offense.

They also have TE Jordan Cameron. We all know how our D struggles vs TE's.

Erebus

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2034de06 said:
Erebus":2034de06 said:

Nope. Cameron Wake is a huge threat coming off the edge, as is Jarvis Landry on offense.

Maybe I'm being a little too influenced by Scott Kacsmar's (of Fooball Outsiders) 2016 predictions, but he doesn't paint a good picture of the Dolphins at all. Wake is 34, coming off an Achilles injury, and won't be a starter. He'll be a factor, but not a big one, IMO. Landry is good, but he's their #1 and only receiving threat, and Sherman should be able to handle him with no problem. And according to Scott Kacsmar, Jordan Cameron was arguably the worst TE in football last year.

https://captaincomeback.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/2016-nfl-predictions/

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He has a history. We just dont know if it has changed a bit.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/c ... aseAd0.htm

2004 26 NFL Detroit Lions Scouting Assistant
2005 27 NFL Detroit Lions Offensive Assistant
2006 28 NFL Detroit Lions Offensive Assistant
2007 29 NFL Detroit Lions Quarterbacks
2008 30 NFL San Francisco 49ers Offensive Assistant
2009 31 NFL Denver Broncos Wide Receivers
2010 32 NFL Denver Broncos Wide Receivers
2011 33 NFL Denver Broncos Quarterbacks
2012 34 NFL Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2013 35 NFL Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator
2014 36 NFL Denver Broncos Offensive Coordinator
2015 37 NFL Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator
2016 38 NFL Miami Dolphins Head Coach

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Erebus":n8891gg8 said:
FlyingGreg":n8891gg8 said:
Erebus":n8891gg8 said:

Maybe I'm being a little too influenced by Scott Kacsmar's (of Fooball Outsiders) 2016 predictions, but he doesn't paint a good picture of the Dolphins at all. Wake is 34, coming off an Achilles injury, and won't be a starter. He'll be a factor, but not a big one, IMO. Landry is good, but he's their #1 and only receiving threat, and Sherman should be able to handle him with no problem. And according to Scott Kacsmar, Jordan Cameron was arguably the worst TE in football last year.

https://captaincomeback.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/2016-nfl-predictions/

All fair points. I guess we will see.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This thread is just about like the one last year where one said he was MEH about the Hawks season starting.I admit it irritates me as a fellow 12 to see this stuff before the first game."WAKE UP DUDE" GO HAWKS!!!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Miami just seems to be one of those teams that just has our number. They've beaten us 5 of the last six times we've played. Doesn't seem to matter how lame of a team they have. Ever since we beat them in '83 they have really had success with us.

The games always seemed to be close other than the 23-0 opening day loss. I still expect us to win. But Miami just seems like a club that we have bad karma with.