Jahri Evans signed

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fingers crossed that he takes Webb's spot on the line.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1921ah3a said:

Only if Ifedi kicks out to tackle but if so then yes.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
obviously not happy with what they have seen likely from their signings. good move...hoping it improves the ever changing mediocre line.

impacthawk

Reaction score
A veteran guard in between a rookie RT in Ifedi and a somewhat suspect new center in Britt is the best case scenario I think at this point.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2hkrlrv5 said:
Hasselbeck":2hkrlrv5 said:

Only if Ifedi kicks out to tackle but if so then yes.

That seems to be the common theory, but I'm not sure. I was there on Friday and Ifedi was about the only player they DIDN'T try at RT at some point. And he has worked so well at guard that I don't know if they want to risk messing that up.

Cable said last week that Odhiambo would crack the starting 5 "sooner rather that later." He was the first player on Friday to get reps with the first team at RT. I think he will get first crack at the position now and Evans has been brought in to provide depth at OG with Odhiambo playing tackle.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
This looks much better than panicking last year and overpaying for Evan Mathis, who is now in ARZ with the Cards....Evans should be at least a safe replacement for Sweezy and Ifedi to RT makes more sense now.

I'd like to see Glowinski at the pivot and Evans at LG, with Ifedi and Odi at RG and RT.....

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I really wish we could lure Monroe out of retirement or even take a look at Jake Long, i'm not comfortable with webb playing at all nor Gilliam at LT.

kearly

Reaction score
Hopefully this means Webb becomes a good backup instead of being an iffy starter.

Ruminator

Reaction score
To me, this signing really cements what has felt like a serious "last piece of the puzzle" focus since the Webb signing, the focus being on the OL. Not that we're now on the cusp of one of the better OLs in the league or anything, but this is certainly a welcome thing to see. For the first time in a while, I find myself really paying attention to all the intriguing names we now have on the OL -- Ifedi, Odhiambo, Glowinski, Gilliam, Poole, Webb, Britt, Sokoli, Lewis, Hunt, and now Evans. Potentially good enough to move up to the average territory, which would be a significant positive step.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GimmeMorr_/status/762031708497666048[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/762032395163807744[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":2j6xf9lz said:
This looks much better than panicking last year and overpaying for Evan Mathis, who is now in ARZ with the Cards....Evans should be at least a safe replacement for Sweezy and Ifedi to RT makes more sense now.

I'd like to see Glowinski at the pivot and Evans at LG, with Ifedi and Odi at RG and RT.....
I wouldn't use the words overpaying & panicking when Evan Mathis was one of the best Guards in football last year for 1yr $4M. IF they had a mulligan they would of signed Mathis last year midway through training camp when they brought him in and they were a measly $1M apart. That is why they signed Evans because they know they screwed it up last year by not signing Mathis. In 2015 Mathis instead of Britt, Lewis instead of Nowak = Super Bowl.

Panicking & overpaying is J'Marcus Webb & Cary Williams. Those 2 cost the team $9.45M in cap space the team will never get back.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice move by the FO. The Seahawks needed a vet on the line and they got a 6 time Pro-Bowler.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Mathis had a very so-so year and didn't re-sign with Denver....he was not a difference maker at all or by any stretch of imagination....Obviously Cary Williams made no sense, but I don't think Mathis would have helped Seattle much even if SEA had the room for him by not signing Williams....Evans this year at nowhere near 4M is much better than signing Mathis last year at 5M, while you had Kam holding out asking for more money.....not exactly the same scenario.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1zto3dft said:
Hopefully this means Webb becomes a good backup instead of being an iffy starter.

He's not even good at being a back-up.

He should have never been signed in the first place.

(I feel like .NET last year after Cary Williams signed, but Webb is truly awful)