Martellus Bennett IN Seattle???

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebee

Reaction score
http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Bears-TE- ... s-44081359

I'm against having family members on the same team. I think it complicates the locker room and it usually becomes a problem for a team based on my experience, but If this is the case and we're shopping this kind of deal; I think the writing is on the wall for Jimmy Graham. Their is no way we could afford to roster Graham at 9 Million and bring on Bennett. Without realizing it, I think our FO is making a huge statement about their confidence in Graham returning to play for the Seahawks anytime soon. If they lack confidence in Graham and are considering a trade for Martellus Bennett, it's probably time to cut to the chase and release Graham.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I just don't see that the Hawks FO would have any interest in Martellus. I don't like the idea of having two brothers both whining for more money every offseason. I think they should move up some money for Michael this year, but I think the whining is BAD for the team. There is no way they would acquire Martellus without cutting JG...no way they're spending almost $20 million on the TE position. Besides, from what they've said, JG is still part of their plans, and no one knows how that will go until late in the summer. But if JG can play up to former standards, then I still believe he will be a great addition to the Hawks offense. Trading for Martellus and cutting JG could end up being one of the most boneheaded moves ever made by a Seahawks GM.

Aside from all of that, Martellus was injured much of last year and didn't have a good season even when he played. He was put on the IR around Week 12 with fractured ribs. The one thing I would say, Martellus is a better blocking TE than any of ours. Speaking of, if JG makes it back this year, I wish they'd use him outside a lot more. It's stupid to have him block given that he's just not very good at it. His talent as a receiver is incredible. Why use a guy at his weakest point, especially considering that he demands double-teaming? It makes more sense to take 2 guys away from the defense on every play than to have JG try to block one DL or LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.