How's everyone feeling ?

morgulon1

Reaction score
I had a feeling we might lose today, the niners have a better team than Seattle at this point and their backs were against the wall after losing a very winnable game vs Chicago. Couple that with a huge emotional game on Monday night and .......

OK , I'm also going to say that I didn't see Seattle getting the beat down they got today. I thought about putting a little money on Seattle thinking they would cover the 9.5 point spread. Yeah, good thing I'm lazy.

I don't think they're as bad as people think , I don't think they're as good either. Seattle has a bunch of rookies , 2nd and 3rd year players at very key positions . We're going to have some tough days like today. The fire PC and John Schneider people are going to have fun just as the Russ Wilson fan club members. I'm sure there will be some "bench Geno" posts coming but I am not going to take part . I'm happy cheering for the team Ive followed since the late 70's.

If anything, I'm patient.

The last 12 seasons Seattle has won 18 of the 26 games against San Fransisco . That is a direct result of Pete Carroll and John Schneider. We have some nice players and I'm excited for the journey, the wins will come in time and Seattle will go back to breaking SF freaking back like they have the last 20 years.

Let's Ride !!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Feeling fine. Most games are gonna hinge on whether we can run and stop the run. Both of those things are not going to happen successfully against teams like SF. I don't think anything surprising happened other than the Dallas INT. Bad decision or Seattle could've covered, but a lot had to go their way to win

xray

Reaction score
As long that you've asked...I'm feeling pretty good . Thanks anyway .

Rainger

Reaction score
I should have stayed in bed what a terrible weekend. The brisbane lions got massacred in the Australian rules semi final, the Mariner's have lost 3 straight, the Hawks lost, the donkys won despite RW. Yuk and Arizona came back and won. Terrible feeling terrible

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Pretty crappy but I have Covid. The game? Meh. They basically played like they did last week minus some breaks and energy. I’m looking at this as a stress free year. They win, great. They lose, may the draft gods be with us.

GemCity

Reaction score
As expected. But, feeling great.

I was more enthused to see a Denver L than a Seahawk win but, that’s the way it goes.

xray

Reaction score
I should have stayed in bed what a terrible weekend. The brisbane lions got massacred in the Australian rules semi final, the Mariner's have lost 3 straight, the Hawks lost, the donkys won despite RW. Yuk and Arizona came back and won. Terrible feeling terrible
It's a horrible feeling to suck @ hypothetical NFL game predictions .

Own The West

Reaction score
I’m alright. I don’t like losing to the 9ers, ever; but all in all a good learning experience. Some key notes:
- KW3’s first game. It may take him a minute to internalize he can’t run by nfl players.
- Tackling still needs improvement.
- Lucas had a reality check today after a relatively low-incident game 1.
- Dallas’ interception should have been a td, he just needed to loft the ball to the pylon.
- Geno showed he push the ball down the field some, but still lacks dynamism.
- I’m surprised (again) that we only seem to run inside. I still want to see Penny truck some CBs on the boundary, and see if KW3 can get the corner on some LBs.
- Our defense looks like it’s going to be fearsome, but we still blow assignments often enough to bail out the offense.

So far, so good.

Polk738

Reaction score
The DeeJay Dallas INT was probably the stupidest play I've seen in a long time and you could see that DK Metcalf wanted to kill Dallas over that play

-Defense is VERY raw but I think they are getting there, Tariq Woolen and Coby Bryant made mistakes but they are also making great plays too. Al Woods is a monster on that line, thank god for him. Glad to see Boye Mafe get in on the action, saw he had a TFL.

-Overall the team is just full of rookies and inexperience, which is fine because it's better than having overpaid veterans constantly blow assignments week after week

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I’m pissed off at being outfoxed by Kyle shanahan.

What QB gets benched after taking their team to nfccg? Has shoulder surgery allegedly unbeknownst to their team? Who didnt Practice with the team until week 1, who didn’t have a playbook? And then, what, 40 percent of you didn’t even want him if he were released?

Get that guy for 2023, even if we think we have that guy for 2023.

Torc

Reaction score
Tackling must improve. The offense has quite a bit of an "almost there" look to me. Maybe that's a bit of rose tinted glasses. But I think if we can get a lead at the beginning of a game, we stand a good chance of keeping it. They're not making a ton of boneheaded mistakes on offense - Geno's interception was off Lockett's hands (probably a little high but not crazy bad). OK, the Dallas interception was a boneheaded mistake but more the playcall than the players IMO. There was one idiotic mistake on the punt muff, by a player just activated from the practice squad, that'll be cleaned up. I really liked what I saw from Walker, for a first game back from surgery. He's shifty and I look forward to seeing that some more.

Also, the tackling needs improvement.

I'm not saying that Geno is the answer, just that I feel pretty safe in my 5-7 win prediction for the season. An offensive TD or two would make me feel better.

And for crying out loud, can they just TACKLE someone?!?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hate losing to the Niners but I figured there would be days like today. This team can't make mistakes and still expect to win or even stay competitive. Terrible tacking and the rookies had a tough day.

I think of how angry I was after games like the Giants one in 2020, the Washington game last year etc. It's weird how calm one can be when expectations are different.
I will start getting pretty worked up if they don't clean up the sloppiness though

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m pissed off at being outfoxed by Kyle shanahan.

What QB gets benched after taking their team to nfccg? Has shoulder surgery allegedly unbeknownst to their team? Who didnt Practice with the team until week 1, who didn’t have a playbook? And then, what, 40 percent of you didn’t even want him if he were released?

Get that guy for 2023, even if we think we have that guy for 2023.
We always lose to backups. 🤣🥴

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hawks usually struggle a bit to open seasons because Pete likes to develop young guys. Guys are inconsistent but learning. Lucas had a learning game, and Cross was passable. Overall, the offensive line got man handled by a very good defensive line. I want to see some fire from Geno. Get the guys to push through that imaginary line.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I know we supposedly have to have a terrible record to get a good QB (not true, see Penix, he should be a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the worst case - maybe even 4th or 5th).

But even with us losing, I was hoping we would still play tough inspiring football - the kind where you feel adding that QB will make all the difference.
Not seeing that.
No tackling.

But to be fair to the defense, at least they are bowing out near the RZ.

No offense.
Nothing I can say about that we haven't covered.
Great plays by the DBs, even when getting shafted regularly on iffy calls.
But otherwise, not a whole lot to cheer about.

Stupid coaching. Maybe worse than I have seen in a while.

Losing is one thing. But a lot of this is preventable, or worse, the result of some really suspect decisions/tactics.

Still not sold on Waldron. But Clint is rapidly making me lose faith in him too.

My god, the tackling. Maybe they are exhausted because the offense isn't helping. But I think I read we were #29 in tackling effectiveness coming into this game. And likely dropped.
Defense is my favorite part of watching football. The DBs are sticking their helmets in there and trying, but the LBs are not good. Neither is most of the tackling from the DL.

This was a problem all preseason. It looks like we did nothing to address it. THAT pisses me off.