How's everyone feeling ?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I knew this was going to be a long season--but the fan in me still wants to win.........

.........disappointed not so much in the team or loss honestly. Disappointed in how badly this team has gone south. I thought we really had something special with Pete Carroll as our head coach. In the end he is not all that special. What we are seeing with Pete Carroll and the seahawks has been played out by other teams and coaches all over the league. we all know how it eventually ends. The real question is "how long and how bad does it have to get before we see a change at head coach"?

I thought it was pretty clear after Russell was traded and Bobby was released that this was a rebuild year, or even two.

Weird to see fans so despondent after a bad loss.

I'm shaky on Pete too, but our last two drafts have been good, and we have some exciting core pieces moving forward. It just won't be this year.

I know that's hard for some fans to hear, especially newer fans who didn't experience the first 25 years of terrible Hawk football. But this is how it goes during a rebuild. Going to be more bad games than good ones for a couple years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Winning is the only option. If I hear one more time that someone wants to "tank for a better draft pick" :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

You're exactly right Largent, it's a rebuild. It was our turn after a pretty solid decade. Which really explains why I don't find myself angry today (during the game, different story) Not surprised one bit they lost to the Niners. On the contrary, I'm excited for the game on Sunday. Dwelling on losses for too long, when there's likely to be a lot of losses? No thx.

toffee

Reaction score
Unsettled, that is how I felt. The team has holes on so many levels, it's not even funny, some of the holes has been for awhile, but still there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Winning is the only option. If I hear one more time that someone wants to "tank for a better draft pick" :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

You're exactly right Largent, it's a rebuild. It was our turn after a pretty solid decade. Which really explains why I don't find myself angry today (during the game, different story) Not surprised one bit they lost to the Niners. On the contrary, I'm excited for the game on Sunday. Dwelling on losses for too long, when there's likely to be a lot of losses? No thx.

I turned the game off after the Dallas interception and decided to watch Russell shit the bed while I was cooking dinner.

Much more satisfying.

Like I told you weeks ago, I'm not going to sit through 4 quarters of bad Hawk football every week if I don't have to.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I turned the game off after the Dallas interception and decided to watch Russell shit the bed while I was cooking dinner.

Much more satisfying.

Like I told you weeks ago, I'm not going to sit through 4 quarters of bad Hawk football every week if I don't have to.
I 1/2 fast forwarded the second half - kinda like hawks in 30 ;) Only manual.

I'm glad I didn't sit realtime through portions of the massacre!!!

thegameq

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty clear after Russell was traded and Bobby was released that this was a rebuild year, or even two.

Weird to see fans so despondent after a bad loss.

I'm shaky on Pete too, but our last two drafts have been good, and we have some exciting core pieces moving forward. It just won't be this year.

I know that's hard for some fans to hear, especially newer fans who didn't experience the first 25 years of terrible Hawk football. But this is how it goes during a rebuild. Going to be more bad games than good ones for a couple years.
But Sarge, haven't we seen this show before? How bad does it have to get? Are we really just going to hope that it will be different this year, or next, or the year after that? That's honestly what it feels like. Not trying to be a pessimist, just going by what I'm seeing. Why should anyone really believe Pete Carroll is going to turn it around--because he won a Super Bowl--and HOPEFULLY can do it again?

Perhaps the greatest reason we are holding on to Pete is that this franchise is terrified of getting back on the coaching roller coaster. But man.....something has to change......

....doesn't it?

thegameq

Reaction score

Much more satisfying.

I feel you. All in stride......

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly I was pretty irritated throughout the game. I predicted a loss, so that wasn't what bothered me. It was the piss poor tackling (or lack thereof). Most of the bone-headed penalties are due to inexperience so I can forgive that to a degree as well. I get playing the rooks to get that coveted NFL game experience and penalties come with the territory. The trick call from Dallas was simply ridiculous. Outside of the FG block for a return TD and Lockett's 100+ yard day, it was a game to forget. Almost burn the footage and move on kind of game if it wasn't for the fact that this team is filled with young players who do need to study the film to learn from it.

However, when the game was over I didn't have that familiar sulking, angry, bitter taste in my mouth that poisons the rest of my day and into the week. As stated above me in several posts, we knew coming in that this wasn't going to be a contender. Geno is a bridge QB period. I think the collective consciousness of 12's knows we are pretty much passing the time waiting to draft a Bryce Young or such in April 2023 with our high equity of picks.

Enjoy the wins that do come this year, hope for injuries to be limited, keep cheering on the team as they build to find their identity while the rookies "learn on the job", sit back and relax, no need to get too fired up over losses this year and based on the tone of this thread it already seems like most fans are in a really healthy place emotionally and mentally.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
But Sarge, haven't we seen this show before? How bad does it have to get? Are we really just going to hope that it will be different this year, or next, or the year after that? That's honestly what it feels like. Not trying to be a pessimist, just going by what I'm seeing. Why should anyone really believe Pete Carroll is going to turn it around--because he won a Super Bowl--and HOPEFULLY can do it again?

Perhaps the greatest reason we are holding on to Pete is that this franchise is terrified of getting back on the coaching roller coaster. But man.....something has to change......

....doesn't it?

Listen, I'm sure as hell not going to die on the Pete Carroll hill.

I would have been just fine with a complete tear down last off season, but that's a hard thing for owners and organizations to stomach. So it was obviously too much for Jody Allen and the Hawk brass to stomach, so they decided to give Pete and John one more run at this thing.

And so far? I actually like our drafts and am hopeful that they can at least build another playoff contender IF they can find another franchise QB over the next couple of years.

Obviously a big IF, but the alternative is an unknown owner with suspect football acumen trying to hire a new coach and GM AND going through a complete rebuild? That's a scary proposition my friend, and one that can send us back to the dark days of 2-14. So be careful what you wish for.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I honestly thought Seattle would win today but like Diggs said, you can be humbled real quick in this league.

I still have somewhat tempered expectations of this team.

Seattle ran into a buzzsaw and very motivated Niners team that wanted a victory bad. Seattle did nothing to match their intensity and will as well as Seattle shot themselves in the foot a bunch of times.

Seattle has no business making the game close. Frisco was the better team and it showed convincingly.

Lance being injured may be exactly what the Niners need, rallying around Jimmy G, he can bring them again to the promise land because he has before and the team seems to just love the guy.

Congrats to San Francisco on a big win and hopefully Seattle can rebound and at least show some competitive fire consistently for the rest of the season.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
But it needs to be said in every thread?

I am more disappointed in some of the posters here than I am in the team. The lines both got taken pillar to post in this game, but they want to focus on the skill positions. It is a microchosm of what the NFL has turned the game into. The games are still won by whether the line of scrimmage is played in your side or theirs. More than eighty percent of the game, the Niners lines dominated. Consequently, we lost. Feeling ok about it, cuz I like what I have seen from Dickerson. I know we will get more talented on our front seven with all the picks we have next draft and a heck of a lot less dead money.
LOL Soulfishhawk gave you a thumbs up...As your first sentence with that question mark went right over his head.
This week's game is why you CELEBRATE games like the home opener WIN against Quitter Wilson & the Donkos last week.
Pete is letting his Rooks get a lot of experience, and because of that, I honestly believe by season's end, the team as a whole will be the better for it.
The 9ers Defensive front are as good as they are because they've been playing together for quite awhile...Continuity matters....Seahawks ARE NOT there...Yet.
Geno is not a 'Come From Behind' type Quarterback, I don't hate, or even dislike the guy, because I believe that he's this year's placeholder, and his style of play works better for the developing your O-Line, ESPECIALLY the Rookie Tackles = Moulding & Melding.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, didn't go over my head at all. He has a right to his opinion, as do I. The team is going to be up and down all year. And that's fine while you're rebuilding. And the irony of someone asking if something needs to be said every thread. Now THAT is funny. Considering that the same crap gets repeated on almost every thread for several years. Russ is Satan, Pete Sucks, this team sucks, blah blah blah. It's a message board, why so serious?

hoxrox

Reaction score
I've been watching football for 45+ years, and I can honestly say I've never seen four RB's on the field and someone throws a pick.

I hope someone saved the receipt on Waldron, because it this is the kind of desperate innovation he brings to the table, I'd like to return him please.

Kam might agree with this:

To be fair, Waldron called a pretty good game week 1. Would say B+. Week 2 grade: F

Week 1 last year against Colts with all the presnap stuff? A+ Hopefully, we can see more of that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm going to assume that ALL OF US were screaming at the TV. WTF are you doing???? WHYYYYYYYYYYY?
Could have made it a one score game right there. Absolutely pathetic play call. At the same time, for a coaching staff that claims they trust Geno, why would you have Dallas throw a pass?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kam might agree with this:

To be fair, Waldron called a pretty good game week 1. Would say B+. Week 2 grade: F

Week 1 last year against Colts with all the presnap stuff? A+ Hopefully, we can see more of that.

I think it's pretty clear now that Waldron got WAY too much credit for his week one gameplan, and it was far more the product of the Broncos coming out flat and out of sync because Hackett is from the McVay no starters play pre-season and we do minimal contact in training camp school of football.

Yeah Geno and the offense looked great in the 1st half against Denver, but then they adjusted and he and the offense looked like we all thought they'd look in the 2nd half and the ENTIRE game in SF, like complete ineffective dog crap.

So if you're hoping for more of 1st half Denver? I think you're going to be disappointed going forward. This is what Geno is, and Waldron isn't helping him much. He's yet to show us really any innovation or creativity.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that ALL OF US were screaming at the TV. WTF are you doing???? WHYYYYYYYYYYY?
Could have made it a one score game right there. Absolutely pathetic play call. At the same time, for a coaching staff that claims they trust Geno, why would you have Dallas throw a pass?

Absolutely. Trickery is not what got them to that point so why abandon what was working just to try to get cute? It was utterly unnecessary to do that and it cost us a chance to be in the game and who knows how we would have spring boarded from beyond the point of a 13-7 score?