Confidence poll

What is your confidence level for Sunday?

• We got this!

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • Its going to be a battle, but Seahawks come out on top.

Votes: 84 43.1%
  • It could go either way.

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • Maybe next year.

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
What is your overall confidence like heading into Sundays game?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If I was putting money down, I would put money on my Hawks of course, and I feel strangely calm going into this game (like I was last week going into the Minnesota game until I was shitting my pants with 26 seconds left). I think the Seahawks are going to win, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Panthers pull it off.

This game can go either way. I just hope it's the right way. :16:

RussB

Reaction score
I think cam newton and the offense will have a tough time against this secondary. Unless this game goes all wrong for the hawks im pretty confident we beat them impressively.

kearly

Reaction score
As of today the forecast is about 39-42 degrees at gametime with a 25% chance of rain and light winds (6 mph). If that forecast holds and it's a chilly but mild game, I'd feel pretty good. It would actually be very similar conditions to a typical January game at Century Link.

But if the forecast changes to wind or heavy rain or light snow, I'd worry about Wilson keeping pace with Newton.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
It will be a battle but the hawks will pull it out . I believe the hawks got a lot of confidence from the win Minnesota that win was the toughest they had all year they are going to build on that .

Gametime

Reaction score
RussB":2s7brao5 said:
I think cam newton and the offense will have a tough time against this secondary. Unless this game goes all wrong for the hawks im pretty confident we beat them impressively.

Rewatched the week 6 game last night and TOTALLY agree. The absence of Bwagz and presence of Cary (oh that was my responsibility) Williams changes everything.

Not to mention Clark, Hill, Lane........ I don't see their offense moving the ball well at all.

Lockette and Graham had drive extending penalties too. We turned it over twice....

I think we are good to go but it will be a battle. I'm calm about it though. ALL the pressure is on them in front of their home fans and a 15-1 record. We will be lose and hitting! If Lynch is healthy we roll.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
kearly":2l7aaldj said:
As of today the forecast is about 39-42 degrees at gametime with a 25% chance of rain and light winds (6 mph). If that forecast holds and it's a chilly but mild game, I'd feel pretty good. It would actually be very similar conditions to a typical January game at Century Link.

But if the forecast changes to wind or heavy rain or light snow, I'd worry about Wilson keeping pace with Newton.

what games do you reference with newton playing in shit weather to suggest that?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think the poll results so far is accurate.

Should be tight game by two very similarly talented teams...........but with our playoff experience and Russell F'ing Carrington Wilson, we win.

Erebus

Reaction score
Gametime":3rby50nt said:
RussB":3rby50nt said:

Rewatched the week 6 game last night and TOTALLY agree. The absence of Bwagz and presence of Cary (oh that was my responsibility) Williams changes everything.

Not to mention Clark, Hill, Lane........ I don't see their offense moving the ball well at all.

Lockette and Graham had drive extending penalties too. We turned it over twice....

I think we are good to go but it will be a battle. I'm calm about it though. ALL the pressure is on them in front of their home fans and a 15-1 record. We will be lose and hitting! If Lynch is healthy we roll.

There is a big difference between lose and loose, and I often see lose misspelled as loose. However, I rarely see it the other way around, and even then it usually doesn't matter. But in this instance you couldn't have picked worse context to misspell loose.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Very realistic results from that poll, and once again why .net is one of the better sites around (especially for those Carolina fans who think that crazy homeristic board of there's is "just like all the others" No way a poll over there gives similar results.)

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I feel confidant about a win. Of course I don't have to go out there and play. I will be sitting in front of my TV with good food and friends. I think part of my confidence comes from being the underdog. The pressure is all on Carolina. Number 1 seed, 15-1 record, 1st playoff game this year. If they falter it will devastate many of their fan base. They feel like they have earned the top seeding and are the team to beat. And rightly so. However, with being in that position, they now have the pressure to somehow prove that they are the real deal. How do they come to terms with being 1 and done after the year they had? How could they lose to a team at home that they beat on the road. I sense that the fear of losing may be a determining factor in their demise.

RussB

Reaction score
Look at the defenses carolina has played lately, defenses ranked by total yards allowed the whole season.

Giants -#32 LAST
Saints-#31
Falcons-#16
Buccaneers-#10
Cowboys -#17
Redskins-#28
Titans-#12

Carolina has literally played some of the worst defenses in the league recently, one of them (the falcons). Beat them with good gameplanning . Giants and saints damn near beat them too. Now this doesnt really mean that its an automatic win for us beat we are the #1 scoring defenses and top 3 in pretty much the rest of the other categories. I think our defense will give them fits and our offense will also be firing on all cylinders.

We won a shootout against big ben and the steelers offense. We are more than capable of keeping up with them on offense also. The defense i think will be the difference.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
House money!

We have to score and put the pressure on Cam to move the ball against our D.
This entire playoff run is about Russell becoming a top tier QB.
It's all on Russell's shoulders.

soje

Reaction score
We got this!

I do however think we got this in every game though.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I feel better about this game than I did knowing that the cold would be a factor last week. 27-17 Hawks

Latest posts