How Do You Watch The Hawks?

How Do You Watch NFL/Seahawk Games?

• I prefer to watch all NFL games live.

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • I prefer to watch the Hawks live. The others I'll delay by an hour or so to avoid commercials.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I'll delay all NFL games, Hawks included, by an hour or so to avoid commercials.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I'll watch the Hawks live or an hour or so delayed. The others I'll watch 12+ hours later.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I'll watch all NFL games 12+ hours later.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RiverDog

Reaction score
I have a friend who hates commercials and never watches any game live, even the Super Bowl. I'm a bit half and half. With the Hawks, I like watching it live, commercials included, and on Sundays will have a 2nd device on the Red Zone. But there are other games, like SNF/MNF/TNF, where I'll record it then start watching about an hour into the game, fast forwarding through commercials and halftime, eventually catching up with the live broadcast in the 4th quarter.

There are times in the evening broadcasts where I'll fall asleep, so I'll watch the balance the next morning before I subject myself to any news as I don't like watching a game knowing the result.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Watching live ended for me the day the DVR was invented.

I have next to no patience in general and zero for watching commercials. Plus if a bad play happens or a stupid penalty discussion, or the like, I simply can move on to the next play.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Different emotion while watching live.

I was hoping for an option to “watch on my big screen with a few tasty beers”. Game sucks, beer is good= a win. Hawks win = bonus. I’m watching to the end either way.

Now the other games I’ll watch the condensed versions of games. Often I rewatch the Hawks game again as a condensed game and also sometimes the All-22.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I hate commercials.
With. A. Passion.
I want to punch Jake from statefarm in the grill. And then hit him with a bat once he's down.

All other sports I will delay by 30 min and then FF the commercials. Cannot do it with football, especially the Seahawks games.
I need to watch the games live and post in the gameday forum with the rest of the degenerates like I'm watching in a Seahawks sports bar.
Add some beer. Some bourbon. Call it an afternoon.

200 200

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score

I have next to no patience in general and zero for watching commercials. Plus if a bad play happens or a stupid penalty discussion, or the like, I simply can move on to the next play.
That's how my best friend feels. He can't stand any commercials, says they're like running fingernails across a chalk board (do they even have chalk boards anymore?). They don't cause me near that much angst. I will record some games then fast forward through the commercials to catch up to the live broadcast, but I'll do so more out of convenience than to avoid the commercials. I tend to screen them out of my mind, turn them into background noise while I'm doing something on my tablet.

I have a similar attitude towards a broadcast crew. They don't bother me near as much as they used to. I used to just hate Dennis Miller trying to be funny and Al Michaels' fake laughing at Miller's stupid jokes. But nowadays, I sort of half ass pay attention to them.

But bottom line is that I prefer to watch all games live, which is how I voted.

ccla

Reaction score

Commercials are for posting on .net. If i were to watch delayed games i could not be on .net, so i use the commercials to post.
As an aside i hate the fact that celebrities peddle stuff to us. We gave you your career, and now you rewards us by selling us crap? Get the &@%€£ out!!

Last edited:

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
If I'm not communicating with you guys in the game threads, I generally have the game paused about an hour or so behind to skip commercials periodically. I just depends on what I'm up to.

GemCity

Reaction score
My kids and their activities and competitions sometimes prevent me from watching live.

Sometimes I get lucky.

For the most part, my notifications are turned off on games day and I get to the game when I get to the game.

No real preference though.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Not that it matters to anyone here, but my viewing habit doesn't appear in these poll options.

I watch the Hawks on MY time; if I have something else scheduled during game time, or it's sunny outside, the game gets DVR'd and is watched (with replays, reviews, and commericals fast-forwarded) during laundry-folding that afternoon/evening/night.

But as others have mentioned, I avoid all radio/TV/notifications until after I've watched that DVR.