Heard Clayton say Kam out this week

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
On NFL Insiders (ESPN) today. Kelcie McCray to start in his place.
No link and if this has been threaded already feel free to lock.

kearly

Reaction score
Not surprised. Even if Seattle lost all their remaining games and finished 8-8, they'd still have a decent chance to make the playoffs. Seattle hasn't clinched a spot yet but I think Pete can rest a vital starter and not worry too much about postseason implications, especially since Seattle owns the tiebreaker over a sinking Minnesota team. 9-7 may very well be good enough for a 5 seed.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It makes sense to not start Kam this week at home against the Browns, then risk him playing at 75% or whatever when we have harder games and the playoffs coming up.

kearly

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2x5khyhm said:
PC raved about McCray in an article I read. Have to pay attention to see how good he is

I've seen McCray do good things on specials. He's pretty good as a gunner, hopefully that translates into being good as a downhill safety.

Of course, Pete is going to praise everybody. But I think Pete views this Cleveland game like a preseason audition, and so this game probably does provide a lot of useful information about McCray's role with the team going forward.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete rested Bennett this week. Clark would fill in admirably.

We might've seen some drop off with Kam being out last week, as Clausen ended up with 274 yards passing, which might be a career high for him. We'll see the same with Manziel, although Manziel is more talented.

This would likely only hurt the defense's bid for another defensive scoring title. It won't endanger the game.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawks46":1lkjpcst said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete rested Bennett this week. Clark would fill in admirably.

Dobbs will be back in the rotation too.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Hard to believe that Seattle would have asked major minutes or expected some major contributions of the following players and still made the playoffs....and if not for horrific referee calls vs Arizona, they would be down 1 game instead of 3, staring at a #2 seed.

Dion Bailey
Drew Nowak
Chris Matthews
Cary Williams
Paul Richardson
Marshawn Lynch

Add in getting contributions from late adds like McCray, getting back CMike (who will have a big day Sunday), the emergence of Lockett and Frank Clark and the revelation of Thomas Rawls and this team is going to be very strong for the next 2 to 4 years.

It's crystal clear on where the team needs to go to shore up some gaps, but the cap room is suddenly there to resign a couple of free agents in a secondary role, while also making a fair offer for players like Okung or Bruce Irvin.

Add a legitimate corner opposite Sherman, bring Lane back to the nickel and mix in a couple of college stars and this team is very exciting. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what McCray does Sunday, not because I want Kam to be out of action, but because the team continues to find solutions and solve roster problems without a major dropoff in winning.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Pete might be taking this opportunity to further evaluate McCray as a replacement in the event that Kam's contract situation (or desire to retire) takes a turn for the worse this offseason.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well now I will definitely have my eyes on this McCray kid...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I haven't noticed him before...I definitely will now. Maybe it's another blessing in disguise if Kam can't go. There's been a lot of that theme this year it seems...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Aros":2x0lochp said:
I'm not sure why I haven't noticed him before...I definitely will now. Maybe it's another blessing in disguise if Kam can't go. There's been a lot of that theme this year it seems...

McCray is a longer, leaner athlete than Kam. A little smoother in coverage but not really a big hitter, which will be missed.

JaggedObviousIndianrhinoceros.gif

Just a nice job wrapping up and not allowing any yards after the catch. McCray allowed five receptions but only one went for more than five yards. This was also the play where Michael Bennett hurt his ankle after being pushed from behind.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3pi18f6n said:

Couldn't have been better timing ...

Assuming he's just out for this game only it's awesome timing because we are playing the worst team in the league this week. I don't think we will need him against the Browns.

Personally I think if we are up by more than 2 TDs at the half we should start resting our starters. I don't think the Browns would be able to come back from that if we are dominating like I think we will. Maybe phase them out of the game at a few positions on offense and defense. Like Richard Sherman, ET, Wags, Baldwin and Lockett. Possibly Russ but I wouldn't want him to get loose his groove.

Last thing we want to do is get cocky but if we play the way we are capable of we should be Gucci.

Any thoughts?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor will be a gameday decision after not practicing all week, the result of a pelvis injury suffered in last week’s win at Baltimore.

“He’s questionable right now,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. “We’ll wait all the way up to game time to see if he can bounce back from this thing.”

Despite the lack of practice this week, Chancellor is a player who, given his experience level, could be ready for a game without practicing should he be able to go physically.

“He really could,” Carroll said. “He could jump in and play.”

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/12/18 ... and-browns

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":3a5idj9o said:
hawksfansinceday1":3a5idj9o said:

Couldn't have been better timing ...

Assuming he's just out for this game only it's awesome timing because we are playing the worst team in the league this week. I don't think we will need him against the Browns.

Personally I think if we are up by more than 2 TDs at the half we should start resting our starters. I don't think the Browns would be able to come back from that if we are dominating like I think we will. Maybe phase them out of the game at a few positions on offense and defense. Like Richard Sherman, ET, Wags, Baldwin and Lockett. Possibly Russ but I wouldn't want him to get loose his groove.

Last thing we want to do is get cocky but if we play the way we are capable of we should be Gucci.

Any thoughts?

I have a thought. I think they should rotate one of the backups in at a time with the main players. Get some experience on the job. When those backups get time in trash time, usually they are with all the backups. With that in mind, they dont get the backup or experience they need to take the position over. Bit and piece them in and they can probably gain the confidence needed to get to the next level.

Just my opinion tho... :mrgreen: