Cam Newton, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson leading MVP race?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would say right now it's between Cam and Russell in all honesty.

Brady is Brady but he hasn't been doing what Cam and Russell have for their team's respectively these past few weeks. Not being a Brady Hater either, just my honest observation.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
If they go 16 - 0 I think Cam gets it hands down. Russell should be in the mix but the media is already crowning Cam and Brady.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wilson might get some recognition now but he's a ways behind Cam, Palmer and Brady. Still he's definitely the MVP of this offense right now and playing incredible football

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see Wilson getting it this year with the year Cam is having. Unless they tank their final 3 games it's between Cam and Brady.

I could care less, just as Russ could care less. JUST WIN.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Don't care about WIlson winning the MVP for the regular season, I want him to win the Superbowl MVP after we win our 2nd. It has been awhile since anyone who has won the regular season MVP has won the Superbowl in the same year.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah - I am not sure how you don't give it to Cam Newton this year. After Benjamin went down, I thought their offense was finished. He has been a guiding hand, not just to wins but to a potentially undefeated season.

drdiags

Reaction score
Wilson will not be part of the discussion because of how the first 8 games went. He was 9-7 TD-INT (off the top of my head). The voters tend to look at how you start and sustain and will forgive a mid-season mini-slump but not a slow start. At least that is how I see how they vote.

ctrcat

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":5oswnhlt said:
Yeah - I am not sure how you don't give it to Cam Newton this year. After Benjamin went down, I thought their offense was finished. He has been a guiding hand, not just to wins but to a potentially undefeated season.

And #1 scoring offense on the year as of now.

drdiags

Reaction score
ctrcat":3qakeuz6 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3qakeuz6 said:

And #1 scoring offense on the year as of now.

The hold-your-breath moment was Olsen getting dinged. Good for your fans and team, it seems he will be okay going forward.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cam's numbers aren't that great, but like Arians last year. Media and this thread have already annoited him

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think you guys are underrating Carson Palmer. He's having an amazing year (going to break Kurt Warner's franchise records in AZ) and has already beaten the Seahawks in Seattle to most likely lead the team to a division title.

Smellyman

Reaction score
HawkFan72":8tnthf1x said:
I think you guys are underrating Carson Palmer. He's having an amazing year (going to break Kurt Warner's franchise records in AZ) and has already beaten the Seahawks in Seattle to most likely lead the team to a division title.

Agreed. I know what happens when Palmer goes down. They suck.

Cam goes down....Derek Anderson was 2-0 last year.

marko358

Reaction score
Smellyman":kbduejni said:
HawkFan72":kbduejni said:

Stanton had a few wins last year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
marko358":2wovsbyc said:
Smellyman":2wovsbyc said:
HawkFan72":2wovsbyc said:

Stanton had a few wins last year.

and looked like hot garbage

RiverDog

Reaction score
If the Panthers go 16-0, it's going to be pretty tough not to give it to Newton despite a disparity in individual statistics. It will only be the third time since the merger that a team has been perfect in the regular season.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I'd rank em

1. Cam (holding steady; admittedly I love how his smiling, dancing and giving TD balls to kids brings some levity and perspective to a game that can often take itself far too seriously)
2. Carson (holding steady)
3. Brady (dropping, not his fault, but dropping)
4. Russ (rising)
5. Ben (rising)

Antonio Brown is the only non-qb this season that I would listen to an argument for.

No disrespect to the Panther's weapons, but Cam is putting a very marginal group of offensive talent (Olsen excluded) on his back.

Greenhell

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":22el82vm said:
Don't care about WIlson winning the MVP for the regular season, I want him to win the Superbowl MVP after we win our 2nd. It has been awhile since anyone who has won the regular season MVP has won the Superbowl in the same year.

totally this. Wilson, IMO, could care less about MVP. He's wants them rings.