11-5

Rob12

Reaction score
With a win over the Vikings this week, I really believe 11-5 is there for the taking.

@ Vikings

This should be a win. The Vikings are a good football team, but I think we're better. No real deep analysis here. 10 AM or not, our offense is rolling and the defense is going to be out to prove that last week (and much of this season) has been an aberration.

@ Ravens

I won't call any win "easy," but the Ravens are probably the most injured team in football.

Browns

Austin Davis? Johnny Manziel? Won't matter.

Rams

This doesn't look like the team that played us in Week 1. They're a mess, and they have to come to the Clink.

@ Cardinals

Hardest remaining game. If the Cardinals have the division locked up and a No. 1 or No. 2 seed (I assume they will), I don't see them playing their starters for all four quarters - even against their current biggest rival. It will be a dog fight, but I believe we win that as well.

I said 9-7 was my prediction earlier, but a 3-2 finish to the season doesn't seem likely. If we've seen anything from these guys over the past few years, it's that they rise to the challenge when their backs are seemingly against the wall. I think it's too late for the division, but winning out would do great things for this team's confidence. And while it's far from a given, I think it could come to fruition. Little room for error, so I think we'll see big things over these last five regular season games.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
11-5 is a possibility. Three games where we are the big favorites and two games that could go either way. I still think 9-7 or 10-6 are the most logical end results we can get and probably get the 6th seed with either of them so it would be fine. I feel like it really depends a lot on the next game against the Vikes. If we win I have a hard time seeing anyone stopping us, if we lose we'd have to win three in a row to make the play-offs.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
First round and done? As the sixth don't we play either the viks or the skins again?

Smellyman

Reaction score
You're right. All the games are huge and the next one is always the most important, but this Viking game is big. No doubt all the players know it too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I still think AZ is gonna lose another game or two which would leave them fighting for that two seed and maybe even the division by the time that last game comes. Hopefully, the NFL teaches the referees what offensive holding looks like prior to that game and they call it fairly. If that happens, the Seahawks win. The Seahawks are the better team in every game they play from here on out, so 11-5 seems reasonable.

For those of you predicting a loss or two, have you missed the last three seasons? The Seahawks usually have their big winning streaks to end seasons and have ALWAYS gotten better as the seasons have gone on. I don't think there will be regression because this team under Pete Carroll just doesn't regress during the season. 11-5...Believe.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
we win next week and I will have a lot more hope of 11-5. There is no way Hawks should lose to any of the other teams. Maybe the weather in Minny will be a factor. Also, the Cards would be trying hard to win that last game but if the number one seed is locked up for them they may just decide to let Drew Stanton play and rest some starters to avoid injuries.

Decimation

Reaction score
If we win next week, I see it likely happening. We have a very easy schedule looking forward after the Vikings except for the Cards. Worst case scenario I see 10-6 with that one loss being against the cardinals, but 11-5 is not out of the question and would be amazing.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I like the optimism in the OP but I do have to point out that the defenses we went up against in our past two wins were in the bottom third of the league and that both of those games were at home. Minnesota has a top 10 D, and obviously it's going to be on the road. So I'm going to hold off betting the kid's college fund on going 11-5 at least until after this game.

But if we win, it might just be a sign that we're back and primed for a playoff run. So as Marshawn Lynch would say... hold onto your balls!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Decimation":1e8talaf said:
If we win next week, I see it likely happening. We have a very easy schedule looking forward after the Vikings except for the Cards. Worst case scenario I see 10-6 with that one loss being against the cardinals, but 11-5 is not out of the question and would be amazing.

If that cardinal game is officiated fairly, the Seahawks win in a blowout.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm completely confidant that we will go 11 - 5. Why? Because I don't believe Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor have been "up to speed" this year. IMHO, Kam's holdout and subsequent attitude haven't been great, and it's effected Earl.

but last Sunday I saw something that I haven't seen in a while, Kam ran to the incoming pass and got there at the same as the ball. It turned in to a deflection by Shead and an INT for Kam. When he got up, he was jacked. And I think that particular play will be a turning point for the LOB.

Shead's a good DB, not great, but good. And at 6'2", 220# he has the size needed. I've heard some people say he is too slow to play CB, but his 40, 20 yard shuttle, and 3-Cone are almost identical to Sherman's.

Actually, their 40 time is identical at 4.53. 20 yard shuttle is 4.23/4.29 and the 3 cone is 6.76/6.72. Now there may be a difference in field speed, but I saw some great catch up speed last Sunday, and imaho, he played very well against an elite passing offense.

Minnesota will be a good road test, but they don't have the kind of passing offense that Pitt does. My main worries there are the Vikings run defense, and run offense. I expect us to beat them though.

Arizona at home will be a tough one, unless AZ has locked down the division and a bye, then they will protect their QB and rest their older guys. Either way, after that Stealer game, I think our pass offense will play the Cards much better.

I expect to go 5 and 0 and make it in to the playoffs as a wild card. And once we're in, we will be favored in most of the games, if not all. This Seattle team is better than the NY Giants team that made it in to the playoffs and on to a SuperB Owl win. So I'm feeling pretty confident. Not as confident as 2013, but more confident than 2014 when we started to make our run.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=SS

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=CB

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
This week will say a lot about this team. Of course, losing definitely means no 11-5. A win on Sunday gives us a decent shot.

One thing, though... If I'm the Cardinals, even if I have things locked up for #2 prior to that final game, if a win possibly knocks the Seahawks out of the playoffs, I'm not resting my starters. Maybe Arians feels differently, but that's the way I'd play it.

kearly

Reaction score
If Arizona wins against the Rams, their magic number to win the division becomes 1. Which means that if Seattle loses and the Cards win this week, Arizona will clinch the NFC West. This week. And there are still FOUR weeks left in the season AFTER that.

Unless both the Rams upset the Cardinals and Seattle wins a tough one at Minny, I won't hold any hope for the division. Both of those things pretty much have to happen this week for a division crown to be realistic. I think I heard that Arizona currently has a 93% chance to win the division right now.

The upside of this is that Arizona will probably have the division and a #2 seed clinched by week 17, and if they have zero to play for, I doubt they'll expose Carson Palmer to four meaningless quarters of beatings from Avril and Bennett with a Super Bowl run hanging in the balance. Unless Arians is a complete moron, he would rest starters in week 17 and pave the way for an easy Seahawks win.

If Seattle can get by the Vikings, and all else goes as expected, I think they will cruise to 11-5. But getting past Minny, and hoping for AZ to have nothing to play for in week 17 will be key to running the table.

Hawks46

Reaction score
rideaducati":1e36y9x0 said:
I still think AZ is gonna lose another game or two which would leave them fighting for that two seed and maybe even the division by the time that last game comes. Hopefully, the NFL teaches the referees what offensive holding looks like prior to that game and they call it fairly. If that happens, the Seahawks win. The Seahawks are the better team in every game they play from here on out, so 11-5 seems reasonable.

For those of you predicting a loss or two, have you missed the last three seasons? The Seahawks usually have their big winning streaks to end seasons and have ALWAYS gotten better as the seasons have gone on. I don't think there will be regression because this team under Pete Carroll just doesn't regress during the season. 11-5...Believe.

Good post. I was going to say, even with positive momentum we probably won't beat the Cards unless they rest starters and make it obvious. If we're not allowed to get pressure on Palmer, he'll chew up our secondary again.

The absolute shit show that was the officiating for that game was so one sided, it leads me to believe that the league wants the narrative to be the Cards winning the division, and us getting a Wild Card.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I hope I'm wrong because I'll quit watching the NFL if I think it's manipulated. The thing is though, the best story line is the Cards rising to win the division and a new rivalry in the NFCW. The Niners are done for the foreseeable future, so us running away with the division every year is boring and goes against the league's big push for parity.

The side story line is us going on a tear in the WC, like the Giants did en route to their 2 Super Bowls.

But yea, if we win at Minn, then the next 3 games are easy and I'm seeing 10-6.

Polaris

Reaction score
Just to nitpick, but I think Arizona's magic number for the division is not one but 1.5. I do not believe Arizona can clinch this week (but could in week 14). Why? Because even if Seattle loses and Arizona wins, if Seattle wins out the rest of the way and Arizona loses out, they'd still be tied (at 10-6) and Seattle would take the tiebreak.

I don't think it will happen that way. [I expect Arizona to win two of it's remaining five games somewhere and clinch that way]

rideaducati

Reaction score
kearly":1jmc9asl said:
If Arizona wins against the Rams, their magic number to win the division becomes 1. Which means that if Seattle loses and the Cards win this week, Arizona will clinch the NFC West. This week. And there are still FOUR weeks left in the season AFTER that.

Unless both the Rams upset the Cardinals and Seattle wins a tough one at Minny, I won't hold any hope for the division. Both of those things pretty much have to happen this week for a division crown to be realistic. I think I heard that Arizona currently has a 93% chance to win the division right now.

The upside of this is that Arizona will probably have the division and a #2 seed clinched by week 17, and if they have zero to play for, I doubt they'll expose Carson Palmer to four meaningless quarters of beatings from Avril and Bennett with a Super Bowl run hanging in the balance. Unless Arians is a complete moron, he would rest starters in week 17 and pave the way for an easy Seahawks win.

If Seattle can get by the Vikings, and all else goes as expected, I think they will cruise to 11-5. But getting past Minny, and hoping for AZ to have nothing to play for in week 17 will be key to running the table.

The cards still have the Vikings, Packers, Eagles and Seahawks on their schedule after the rams this week. I don't think it is that far fetched to think they could lose two or three of their last five. I also think they'll have to play for the second seed because the Vikings have a couple easier games coming up and could only be a game behind going into week 17. Their head to head with the Vikings is going to be huge.

rideaducati

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1cidpx1m said:
kearly":1cidpx1m said:

Stranger things have and do happen though. I will continue to live in the hope that the Rams beat the Cards on Sunday, injuring Carson Palmer for the remainder of the season in the process.

I'd rather see the cards lose 4 of their last 5 games with a healthy Carson Palmer.

RiverDog

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":21srmo7w said:
This week will say a lot about this team. Of course, losing definitely means no 11-5. A win on Sunday gives us a decent shot.

One thing, though... If I'm the Cardinals, even if I have things locked up for #2 prior to that final game, if a win possibly knocks the Seahawks out of the playoffs, I'm not resting my starters. Maybe Arians feels differently, but that's the way I'd play it.

That's a really good question or point. If the Cards have the #2 seed locked up and the Panthers have HFA locked up, Arians would still have an extra week to rest his team after the Hawks game, so it wouldn't be a bad strategy to play as hard and try to knock out the Hawks. I'd much rather face a team like Minnesota or Atlanta in the playoffs than the Hawks.

But what happens if he does so, and Palmer gets hurt? They'd be hanging effigies of Arians.

Laloosh

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wpxhziy said:
Either/or. I dislike Carson Palmer. Wouldn't mind seeing him go out with like an ACL or somesuch. I make no apologies.

Since I'm not sure what the official policy on this is, I'll just say that I think this post reflects poorly on our community and I hope that opposing fans who visit the site don't think it's a common sentiment on .NET.

irocdave

Reaction score
Man a win this Sunday changes everything. I don't have the same optimism, wish I did and really hope you guys that are convinced are right. Should be a good game, close score, bruising game with a couple of big plays that make the difference. If we had Lynch I would feel much better about this game.

Latest posts