11-5

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Laloosh":33dmopow said:
peachesenregalia":33dmopow said:
Either/or. I dislike Carson Palmer. Wouldn't mind seeing him go out with like an ACL or somesuch. I make no apologies.

Since I'm not sure what the official policy on this is, I'll just say that I think this post reflects poorly on our community and I hope that opposing fans who visit the site don't think it's a common sentiment on .NET.

I NEVER hope for injury.

That said, I didn't mind seeing Worthlessraper get clocked by MB last week! :shock: :mrgreen:

nategreat

Reaction score
Hmmmm..... I'm not sure where you guys went to school to get your math education, but I'm pretty sure it goes more like this:

Arizona= currently 9-2
Seattle= currently 6-5

So in theory, Arizona can lose three games, and as long as we win out, we'll have the same record. And same record doesn't necessarily mean they'll have the tie-breaker.

For a division tie-break between two teams, it goes like this:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

So in our case, assuming we win out, our division record would be 4-2 and our conference record would be 8-4. Again, assuming we win out, that would mean we'd beat Arizona. This would bring our head-to-head with Arizona @ 1-1, eliminating that tie-breaking procedure.

Next, let's look @ Arizona. All 5 of their remaining games are Conference games. Obviously it would be best if they lost to the Rams coming up because that would mean that they could lose any one other game (and against us), and we'd win the division based on best division record, with Arizona finishing 3-3.

However, let's say the Cardinals beat the Rams, but they still lose two other games before playing us. Again, assuming we win out, we'd finish with the same division record as well, @ 4-2. Which brings us to common games.

..... alright I hate to cut this post short, but I doubt many are reading it anyways. I'll wrap it up....

...my point is that the Cardinals mathematically still have to win THREE more games in order to win the division. If they lose any two games before playing us, and we beat them and win out @ 11-5, we still have a shot for the division via the common game and subsequent tie-breakers.

Polaris

Reaction score
Which is why I disagreed with Kearly (I hope respectfully) although I admit I got the magic number wrong in my haste. Near as I can tell, Arizona's magic number is 2.5 [which for all practical purposes is three as is mentioned above]. It's 2.5 because Arizona might win the tiebreak depending on exactly how that tie happens.

Obviously the Seattle win-out scenario is the easiest. As nate mentioned above, in that case Arizona has to get to 12 wins to win the division before meeting Seattle. That means even with a 9-2 record, Arizona would need to win three of their next five (and frankly given recent injuries and the recent decline of Arizona play) I don't see that happening.

What that tells me is that if Seattle can win this Sunday (and I think we will) and can win the games we should (against @Baltimore, Cleveland, Rams), we put a LOT of pressure on Arizona and still have at least a puncher's chance at the NFCW and *maybe* the #2 seed.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Laloosh":3kpgu3jd said:
peachesenregalia":3kpgu3jd said:
Either/or. I dislike Carson Palmer. Wouldn't mind seeing him go out with like an ACL or somesuch. I make no apologies.

Since I'm not sure what the official policy on this is, I'll just say that I think this post reflects poorly on our community and I hope that opposing fans who visit the site don't think it's a common sentiment on .NET.

His sentiment does not spray guilt on the rest of the posters.....calm down.

drdiags

Reaction score
Count me in on saying it used to be taboo to wish injury on any player on the forum. Times change but this is like our guys bringing up Katrina while talking crap to the Saints fans or saying Sean Taylor deserved it when talking crap to Skins fans.

I guess keeping it real has its rewards. Sounds like there are backers to the idea.

Laloosh

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":37pujf5v said:
Laloosh":37pujf5v said:
peachesenregalia":37pujf5v said:

*shrug* Just keeping it real. You want me to express myself, don't you?

I'm just doing the same.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
nategreat":2x7i3h68 said:
Hmmmm..... I'm not sure where you guys went to school to get your math education, but I'm pretty sure it goes more like this:

Arizona= currently 9-2
Seattle= currently 6-5

So in theory, Arizona can lose three games, and as long as we win out, we'll have the same record. And same record doesn't necessarily mean they'll have the tie-breaker.

5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

So in our case, assuming we win out, our division record would be 4-2 and our conference record would be 8-4. Again, assuming we win out, that would mean we'd beat Arizona. This would bring our head-to-head with Arizona @ 1-1, eliminating that tie-breaking procedure.

Next, let's look @ Arizona. All 5 of their remaining games are Conference games. Obviously it would be best if they lost to the Rams coming up because that would mean that they could lose any one other game (and against us), and we'd win the division based on best division record, with Arizona finishing 3-3.

However, let's say the Cardinals beat the Rams, but they still lose two other games before playing us. Again, assuming we win out, we'd finish with the same division record as well, @ 4-2. Which brings us to common games.

..... alright I hate to cut this post short, but I doubt many are reading it anyways. I'll wrap it up....

...my point is that the Cardinals mathematically still have to win THREE more games in order to win the division. If they lose any two games before playing us, and we beat them and win out @ 11-5, we still have a shot for the division via the common game and subsequent tie-breakers.

If the Seahawks win out, the path to the NFC West title can be broken down into four possible scenarios.

Scenario one: Seahawks win remaining five games and Arizona loses four more games. Seahawks capture the division with the better overall record.

Scenario two: Seahawks win remaining five games, Arizona loses to St. Louis, and Arizona loses at least one of their remaining three games against Minnesota, Philadelphia, or Green Bay. Seahawks capture division record tie breaker.

Scenario three: Seahawks win remaining five games, Arizona beats St. Louis, and Arizona loses to both Minnesota and Green Bay. Seahawks capture the common opponents tie breaker.

Scenario four: Seahawks win remaining five games, Arizona beats St. Louis, Arizona loses to Philadelphia and either Minnesota or Green Bay. Seahawks capture the strength of victory tiebreaker.

It's also possible for the Seahawks to lose another game and still capture the division if Arizona loses four more games and the Seahawks capture one of the tie breakers, which would depend on which team the Seahawks lost to and which opponent Arizona beat. Obviously, it's very unlikely for Arizona to lose four of their last five games.

Seafan

Reaction score
If the Hawks have turned a corner then anything is possible. Not sure the defense is there yet. It would be great for them to find themselves like Russ and the OL.

A couple things have given me some hope. Benching of Williams and Nowak and changes made to game planning. It seems the coaching staff has stopped beating the dead horses and not just expect the players to pick up their performances. An emphasis on the quick rhythm passing game took too long but hopefully wasn't too late.

On defense it doesn't look that simple. While benching Williams has helped there seems to be a lot of players not playing up to their normal level. Guys like Thomas, Kam, Wagner need to step up their games if this team is to run the table. The whole defense has seemed to have lost their tackling and swarming edge to them. I hope this isn't due to the losses of Quinn and Norton.

The team needs to definitely get back to 1-0 every week and 1-0 every play.

London12

Reaction score
This board is so emotional.

Last week we were down and out, this week we're winning the division.

Pretty enjoyable.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
RiverDog":3agtprz2 said:
I like the optimism in the OP but I do have to point out that the defenses we went up against in our past two wins were in the bottom third of the league and that both of those games were at home. Minnesota has a top 10 D, and obviously it's going to be on the road. So I'm going to hold off betting the kid's college fund on going 11-5 at least until after this game.

But if we win, it might just be a sign that we're back and primed for a playoff run. So as Marshawn Lynch would say... hold onto your balls!

I get all that. I really do.

But to parrot Russell, 1-0 every week for the rest of the way.

I believe.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Emotional board no doubt. But it also is a board with a bunch of people who think Wilson has nothing to do with the win on Sunday :lol:

nategreat

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2k4r101c said:
Duplicate thread.... I made this after the Arizona game.

I made a thread about Russell Wilson earlier in the year, why do new threads keep popping up?! So ridiculous. :sarcasm_off:

253hawk

Reaction score
Seattle is 12-2 in December during the Wilson era and has outscored opponents 400-175. Ironically, the 2 losses occurring in our 2013 SB season. We play incredibly well down the stretch and that's when most of our blow-out wins have happened.

kmeleon

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2o73j93b said:
nategreat":2o73j93b said:

Arizona= currently 9-2
Seattle= currently 6-5

5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

If the Seahawks win out, the path to the NFC West title can be broken down into four possible scenarios.

Scenario one: Seahawks win remaining five games and Arizona loses four more games. Seahawks capture the division with the better overall record.

Scenario two: Seahawks win remaining five games, Arizona loses to St. Louis, and Arizona loses at least one of their remaining three games against Minnesota, Philadelphia, or Green Bay. Seahawks capture division record tie breaker.

Scenario three: Seahawks win remaining five games, Arizona beats St. Louis, and Arizona loses to both Minnesota and Green Bay. Seahawks capture the common opponents tie breaker.

Scenario four: Seahawks win remaining five games, Arizona beats St. Louis, Arizona loses to Philadelphia and either Minnesota or Green Bay. Seahawks capture the strength of victory tiebreaker.

It's also possible for the Seahawks to lose another game and still capture the division if Arizona loses four more games and the Seahawks capture one of the tie breakers, which would depend on which team the Seahawks lost to and which opponent Arizona beat. Obviously, it's very unlikely for Arizona to lose four of their last five games.

Good post, think of it this way. Hawks need to win the next 4....which we all feel is quite possible if they continue to roll this weekend. Cards need to lose 2 of their next 4 (@Rams, Vikes, @ Eagles, Packers) for us to have a shot at the division title from what I can tell using the ESPN playoff machine. That would setup an NFC West showdown in Week 17 for all the marbles. When you think that the Cards have to lose 2 out of those 4 games, it's certainly not unfathomable.

Go Hawks! :th2thumbs:

kmeleon

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1e32zelu said:
Laloosh":1e32zelu said:
peachesenregalia":1e32zelu said:

*shrug* Just keeping it real. You want me to express myself, don't you?

I'm just doing the same.[/quote]

:thirishdrinkers:[/quote]

He's my fantasy QB.....which makes me sick and happy all in one thought. I'd be with Peaches if I wasn't in first place and one week away from starting the playoffs :lol:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rob12":35u5j26g said:
RiverDog":35u5j26g said:
I like the optimism in the OP but I do have to point out that the defenses we went up against in our past two wins were in the bottom third of the league and that both of those games were at home. Minnesota has a top 10 D, and obviously it's going to be on the road. So I'm going to hold off betting the kid's college fund on going 11-5 at least until after this game.

But if we win, it might just be a sign that we're back and primed for a playoff run. So as Marshawn Lynch would say... hold onto your balls!

I get all that. I really do.

But to parrot Russell, 1-0 every week for the rest of the way.

I believe.

It's not that I don't believe or that I'm a defeatist, but I've learned over the years to lower my expectations. I used to get so jacked up in the week leading up to a big game only to have it all come crashing down on Sunday when my team lays an egg. So I've learned that I get more enjoyment out of it if I don't expect too much out of my team and buy into all the hype. That way, I'm even more thrilled when they exceed my expectations and win yet I don't start looking for windows to jump out if they lose.

So...I am very wary of our game with the Vikings. I've picked us to win but only assigned a couple of confidence points to the outcome.

makkapakka

Reaction score
If the week 17 game ends up being for the division I can't wait to see the collective seat gripping in U of Phx stadium. Also the post-game Seahawks party there could be epic.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Really disappointing to see forum members wish injury on players.

Latest posts