Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Steelers @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember the thrill of attending my first Super Bowl. My Seattle Seahawks had finally made the Big Show! All that was standing in our way to hoist our first Lombardi was this pesky Steelers team that got in as a 9-7 wildcard and went on a playoff tear. We were the better team by a long shot that year. Just play our game and I can already see the Championship Parade in Downtown Seattle.

Then reality hit. The NFL never intended for the Seattle South Alaska Seahawks to take a Lombardi from one of their storied franchises. Bettis gets the key to the city leading up to the game, terrible towels were passed out at the entrance to Ford Field and we all know the blatant hose job the refs performed during the game. It was a living nightmare.

Never Forget.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Steelers 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-4

Attachments

• xlt.jpg
    xlt.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,494

ARhawk

Reaction score
The only matchup in this game I'm worried about is our CBs against their WRs. Brown is the type of shifty speedster that Sherman doesnt handle very well, and Martavis Bryant is one of the most dangerous deep threats in the league. I'm curious to see if Sherman follows Brown, or if they let him play his side and risk having a recovering Lane or just average Shead covering a top 2 reciever. I actually think a healthy Lane following Brown could successful because he does better against shifty guys, and Bryant is the type of reciever Sherman is built to erase. However, I dont see any way the coaches would ask even a fully healthy Lane to follow the best route runner in the league much less in his first game back from a torn ACL.

Our offense will likely have to score 24+ to win this game. I think they can do it if our O-line continues their play from last week.

Steelers 24
Seahawks 28

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is a tough matchup for sure. But I believe the Seahawks are starting to turn a corner. They believe in Rawls as the RB. The Defense wants to prove they can shut down a good Offense. It's now or never.

Seahawks 27
Steelers 24

My Record to Date: 8-2

AgentDib

Reaction score
Vegas odds predict a 24 - 20 Seahawks win which is about what I would expect for this game. Seahawks home field is probably getting closer to 6 points than 3 points here though as the Steelers have struggled traveling to the west coast.

It will be interesting to see whether we have Sherman follow Antonio Brown or not. That's a really good match up if so. The Steelers still have a mismatch with Bryant on the opposite side, and then Heath Miller is probably going to get into the seams once our safeties start helping with Bryant.

I like the Seahawks to win anyways mainly because we are at home. Fans are going to hate the play calling because the Steelers are 6th against the run but in the 20's against the deep ball and we won't have Marshawn.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like what the Seahawks show when Rawls starts. So far, it's been pretty good, even against very good defenses like Cincy.

That said, I just don't like this matchup. Our secondary does not match up well against any of their weapons on offense. Literally, not one. Match up Sherman on Brown, and Sherman is going to get beat. Brown is the type of WR that is Sherm's kryptonite. Not happy with Bryant on the other side against what ever CB we trot out, and Heath Miller is going to murder us up the seams. Our best bet is to get pressure on Big Ben, but the refs have to call at least a few holding calls, something which most crews seem reticent to do this year for us.

I think we'll score on Pitt, but the problem is that they are the 3rd best run defense in the league this year. They match up well against the run. IF the refs don't call ticky tack holding calls, we'll see us establish the run, but not like last week.

It's a close game. I think we have positive momentum, but the Stealers are rested off of a bye, so the travel won't affect them. Relying on the refs to call a fair game is a poor recipe for success, because other than that, they have an advantage in matchups.

I have a bad feeling about this game. I hope I'm wrong, but I see it:

Seahawks 24
Pissburgh 31

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I was very happy with last week's performance, especially that great kid Rawls. But hey, it was the whiners, arguably one of the worst teams in the league. Sorry for the downer, but I think the Stealers nick us:
Seattle 20
Pittsburgh 27
YTD: 8 - 2

Erebus

Reaction score
I hate being a downer, but I just don't see how we keep the Steelers below 25 points. Which means I don't see how we win, since Wilson has so far been incapable of winning a game where the defense has given up more than 24 points.

Every time I thought they turned a corner this year they went straight back to their old ways the next week. So that means we probably blow another 4th quarter lead and lose a game in which we win the turnover battle.

PIT 27
SEA 24

jacobsod

Reaction score
NEVER forget.

We come out with a solid win. 2 INTs, 1 by Earl. 1 40+ yard KO return. Stealers get the first TD but that's their only one for the game. Rawls runs one of ours in, so does Rus. Emotions run high. We get over-penalized but come out ahead anyways.

Seahawks: 27
Stealers: 16

kf3339

Reaction score
The ONLY way I can see us winning this game is if we keep their offense off the field. That means we need long sustained drives that tire their defense and keeps ours fresh. We then need our defense to play it's best game of the season, which may be too much to ask right now. Judging by the results we have seen to date I just don't see this team ready for this type of challenge.

So sadly I have to go with this result

Hawks 24
Steelers 31

I really hope I'm wrong.

RTD: 8-2

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hawks need to prove they can bottle up a legit passer before I can pick them against one. I have a feeling Ben will give the D trouble and will dice them up when it counts.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Hawks 34

Steelers 31

steelers.gif

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This is the "REVENGE" game of the decade!!! I will be super pissed if we "lay an egg" this Sunday. Not only will it indicate that this team is not maturing this year, it will also indicate that our chances in the playoffs aren't so hot either.

HAWKS 27

STEALERS 19

jammerhawk

Reaction score
27-17 with Pitt getting a 4th Q TD to make it respectable.

Hawks get pressure on Rapelisberger, our boys sack him several times and rough him up.

I know the team is aware of the revenge sense but won't allow themselves to be embarrassed again at home this season.

The league owes Seattle a fairly called game, so the Zebras won't decide this one.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Home crowd will make it tough on stealers offense. Our O-line continues to get more consistent. Rawls and Graham have big game. It all adds up to a Super win for our team.

Hawks 27
stealers 20

GO HAWKS

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think the Steelers' passing attack is going to absolutely torch the Hawks' faltering secondary. I don't think the Hawks' offense will be able to keep up. Sad.

Hawks 17
Steelers 28