Jumping off the wagon?

Tical21

Reaction score
I'm a little disgusted with the Seahawks fanbase right now. All these thousands call themselves "the twelves", and yet go headfirst off the wagon at the first sign of trouble. That isn't a fanbase. That is a bunch of whining, entitled, Johnny Come Latelys. Was that booing that we heard? Booing? BOOING!!?!? The are the same guys that 20 months ago brought the decades-eluded Lombardi trophy to Seattle. Eight months ago were three feet from winning another. They've worked their tales off and we've enjoyed their fruit. And now we think we have the right to boo these guys? After four losses in one season?

Are we rallying around our team? Or are we booing? Unreal.

Name a fanbase that you admire. Who is a good fanbase? They wouldn't have been booing, and they wouldn't be jumping ship four losses after a Super Bowl appearance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Who's jumping off the wagon?

Aren't we all here because we have always, and WILL always love our Hawks.

I absolutely loathe these threads. Are there bandwagon jumpers jumping off right now? Maybe, but they sure as hell don't live here.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm off the wagon, hopping on another one. Just ordered my Brady jersey :lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Personally, I find booing your own team to be pretty distasteful in any circumstance. I know the players put on for the 12s in public, but I'm not sure how genuine that could really be. These guys get harassed incessantly on social media by Seattle fans and are booed in their own stadium. The "happy go-lucky" fanbase that took losses in stride and showed up gratefully to show support after tough losses really doesn't exist anymore. There is a bit of entitlement these days, and I'm guilty of it too. And maybe that's part of the current disconnect we see on the field. Who knows?

It's all human nature, though. There are external factors that might make one fanbase more passionate than the other, but at the end of the day, we are all human beings with the same flaws and vulnerable to the same bad tendencies.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DavidSeven":wr773yw4 said:
Personally, I find booing your own team to be pretty distasteful in any circumstance. I know the players put on for the 12s in public, but I'm not sure how genuine that could really be. These guys get harassed incessantly on social media by Seattle fans and are booed in their own stadium. The "happy go-lucky" fanbase that took losses in stride and showed up gratefully to show support after tough losses really doesn't exist anymore. There is a bit of entitlement these days, and I'm guilty of it too. And maybe that's part of the current disconnect we see on the field. Who knows?

It's all human nature, though. There are external factors that might make one fanbase more passionate than the other, but at the end of the day, we are all human beings with the same flaws and vulnerable to the same bad tendencies.

As a Mariner fan, I completely disagree with your first sentence.

drdiags

Reaction score
There is some entitlement involved here, some might have thought we would "Win Forever" after years of middling football. Maybe the herd needed to be thinned? People will do what they do but if you are in for the long haul, you lick your wounds and try to enjoy the sport.

If you can dish it out, can you take it? If not that is on you (speaking metaphorically). I remember the Monday Night game against the Cowboys with that epic meltdown to Julius Jones and Keyshawn's phantom TD. It almost broke me for some reason. But you will not see me booing the team.

Throwing stuff and cussing at the TV, now that is another story. No fanbase is the best nor the worse. All have bandwagons and die-hards. Getting our mug rubbed in it was going to happen, just figured it would be further down the road but this team is schizo so looks like this year will be a mind-boggling one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":2qgf8vx1 said:
There is some entitlement involved here, some might have thought we would "Win Forever" after years of middling football. Maybe the herd needed to be thinned? People will do what they do but if you are in for the long haul, you lick your wounds and try to enjoy the sport.

I did not expect us to Win Forever, but I did expect the Hawks to continue their upward trend of this group of very talented players continuing to grow together and win.

Instead we're seeing a very inconsistent and uninspired group, so is that Pete? Idk, he hasn't changed, but maybe the will and fight in this group of players has.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2f4fahvz said:
I did not expect us to Win Forever, but I did expect the Hawks to continue their upward trend of this group of very talented players continuing to grow together and win.

Instead we're seeing a very inconsistent and uninspired group, so is that Pete? Idk, he hasn't changed, but maybe the will and fight in this group of players has.

They could get it together yet, so there is that or maybe it is a temporary hiccup? I figured they would be formidable until injuries and age lead to their eventual downturn. This season it seems to be coaching/player integration and boneheaded players.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3gvbv9n9 said:
I'm a little disgusted with the Seahawks fanbase right now. All these thousands call themselves "the twelves", and yet go headfirst off the wagon at the first sign of trouble. That isn't a fanbase. That is a bunch of whining, entitled, Johnny Come Latelys. Was that booing that we heard? Booing? BOOING!!?!? The are the same guys that 20 months ago brought the decades-eluded Lombardi trophy to Seattle. Eight months ago were three feet from winning another. They've worked their tales off and we've enjoyed their fruit. And now we think we have the right to boo these guys? After four losses in one season?

Are we rallying around our team? Or are we booing? Unreal.

Name a fanbase that you admire. Who is a good fanbase? They wouldn't have been booing, and they wouldn't be jumping ship four losses after a Super Bowl appearance.

Totally agree!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
drdiags":173nfu3k said:
Sgt. Largent":173nfu3k said:

They could get it together yet, so there is that or maybe it is a temporary hiccup? I figured they would be formidable until injuries and age lead to their eventual downturn. This season it seems to be coaching/player integration and boneheaded players.

Absolutely, it's entirely possible, maybe even probable that this group can turn it around.

But maybe we're seeing the difference between a coach like Pete that's "player friendly" and a coach like Belicheat that's a hard ass dictator as far as long term success bullet proof.

Pete has allowed his players to rule the roost and run their mouths, which has led to far more drama and discontent than the Patriots. Now we're seeing cracks in that philosophy, and not sure Pete can wave his magic wand yet one more time and light an inspirational fire under this group.

As far as booing? I'm OK with it. I don't like it, but if a fan pays for their ticket, they have the right to boo.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2g4ghhbj said:
drdiags":2g4ghhbj said:
Sgt. Largent":2g4ghhbj said:

Absolutely, it's entirely possible, maybe even probable that this group can turn it around.

But maybe we're seeing the difference between a coach like Pete that's "player friendly" and a coach like Belicheat that's a hard ass dictator as far as long term success bullet proof.

Pete has allowed his players to rule the roost and run their mouths, which has led to far more drama and discontent than the Patriots. Now we're seeing cracks in that philosophy, and not sure Pete can wave his magic wand yet one more time and light an inspirational fire under this group.

As far as booing? I'm OK with it. I don't like it, but if a fan pays for their ticket, they have the right to boo.

Booing is something you do in fake ass WWE crap, not to a real sports team you love. Booing will never motivate your team to win.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Booing? I was at the game and I don't recall any booing. There was a communal groan of agony which may have sounded like booing, but I did not register booing.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
drdiags":379llw28 said:
People will do what they do but if you are in for the long haul, you lick your wounds and try to enjoy the sport.

Yep.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Last few years have spoiled this fanbase. If you are jumping off now you were never a fan to begin with.

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
I am not saying that booing is the right response to any situation. However, people pay their hard earned cash to attend a game at the Clink. Those tickets aren't cheap either. If a fan of any kind feels that they need to boo in response to the lackluster play. That is their freedom to do so, they bought that ticket and they can conduct themselves however they want as long as they are not hurting anyone around them.

Ok now that I made that point. People being pissed off at their team because they are not playing to their potential is hardly jumping off the bandwagon. We are fans. We are passionate about our brand of football. When that brand is imploding, fans are going to be pissed off and expressing it. The hawks deserve every ounce of criticism they are getting so far this season. We all want them to win at the end of the day however. You know the saying that winning solves everything for a team? Same holds true for it's fanbase. When your team is down, every fan feels like a certain aspect is the reason why.

We all unite on this board to share our views with each other, and frustrations. for the glass half full folks....the venting and frustration comes off as entitlement or bandwagon jumping. People are all passionate here, and people venting their anger about this lackluster performance so far this year is very much warranted. However we are all going to disagree until this team starts winning and solves everything.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2oyfzngf said:
Booing is something you do in fake ass WWE crap, not to a real sports team you love. Booing will never motivate your team to win.

Nope, it won't. But that's each fan's choice who paid for the ticket.

What are we doing here, forming militia units and rounding up the booers at the Clink one by one until they're season tix are revoked?

If the team doesn't want to hear boos, maybe they shouldn't crap the bed in the 4th quarter over and over and over pissing off the fans who expect better.

kf3339

Reaction score
I would never boo my team either in person at the game, or watching the TV at home or sports bar. It just is a sad thing to do IMO.

But for someone who buys a ticket with their hard earned money and attends in person I will not begrudge them their right.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pretty sure you are preaching to the wrong people and 99.9% of the people on this board are not the people booing, We are definitely a spoiled fanbase with the recent success - no doubt about that.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ive seen people talking crazy like this all day around work.

My response? See ya, now maybe tickets will be more affordable for true fans