Jumping off the wagon?

kearly

Reaction score
Hawk fans have always been quick to boo going back to the Holmgren-era. There's been more than a few comparisons between the 12s and Philly fans here at .net.

It used to bother me a lot, then I accepted that the passion that makes our homefield advantage so great is a double-edged sword. We have an emotional fanbase, and when our team is winning that's a really good thing.

AVL

Reaction score
I just duck. It's a short week with the Thursday away game. I'll come up for that. What could go wrong?

Our journey has left the interstate.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Define "jumping off the wagon"

I define jumping off the wagon as no longer rooting for the Hawks and wanting nothing to do with them. If that's the case, hell no I'm still on the wagon going to the games, rooting, screaming and going home pissed.

If you define jumping off the wagon as not believing they will go to the SB (and win), then I guess fine I jumped off the wagon.

IndyHawk84

Reaction score
ZagHawk":16rhz7kv said:
Define "jumping off the wagon"

I define jumping off the wagon as no longer rooting for the Hawks and wanting nothing to do with them. If that's the case, hell no I'm still on the wagon going to the games, rooting, screaming and going home pissed.

If you define jumping off the wagon as not believing they will go to the SB (and win), then I guess fine I jumped off the wagon.

Spot on.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Booing is really the only way to show displeasure with how your team is doing. Negative reinforcement. I have not heard anyone straight up say 'I'm not a fan anymore' or 'I'm off the bandwagon'. Sorry, complaining about the complainers is just as annoying or worse.

I feel the booing after not getting a first down, just before giving the ball back to the Panthers for the last time,was totally acceptable. 4th time this season and we all were hoping it wouldn't happen but it did. Booing the team off the field at the end of the game I would find unacceptable.

smerfy01

Reaction score
I've been on the wagon since Brian Blades signed a poster for me at the Bellevue Sears in like 1992. I'm not going anywhere.

But if you think 12's aren't justified in booing, I have a bridge to sell you. How many games, just in this season alone, have we watched our team implode in the 4th quarter? I wouldn't have booed myself, but I'm not gonna call them out on doing so. There are some big problems in this team and it doesn't mean I'm a fairweather fan by pointing them out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I don't like it but the booing will happen if team does poorly.
What irks me worse is the @#%#s who incessantly and misguidedly bash a single player for a team loss. They are mostly taking advantage of losses to blast a player they don't like. Then when more losses come, demand an 'apology' from those with more objective views. You rarely if ever see them on the board for any other purpose. I'd send them down the reject shoot for inflamatory behavior, but that's just me.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God how much I hate it when fans call other fans out for not being fans. :pukeface:

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":758or3oh said:
TorontoHawk":758or3oh said:
Booing is something you do in fake ass WWE crap, not to a real sports team you love. Booing will never motivate your team to win.

Nope, it won't. But that's each fan's choice who paid for the ticket.

What are we doing here, forming militia units and rounding up the booers at the Clink one by one until they're season tix are revoked?

If the team doesn't want to hear boos, maybe they shouldn't crap the bed in the 4th quarter over and over and over pissing off the fans who expect better.

It is just a jack ass thing to do. You support your team in good and bad times.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Oh good, another "I'm a better fan than you" post. Whatever superfan.

It's funny how your type can't seem to fathom the idea that it is possible to love a sports team while also being frustrated with them and realizing that they are not very good. Just because people are rightly pointing out that the team sucks right now does not mean they don't love the team or are "jumping off the wagon."

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":34q7o3mq said:

It's funny how your type can't seem to fathom the idea that it is possible to love a sports team while also being frustrated with them and realizing that they are not very good. Just because people are rightly pointing out that the team sucks right now does not mean they don't love the team or are "jumping off the wagon."

What do you mean, "your type"?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2yyi74aj said:
Missing_Clink":2yyi74aj said:

A dick?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3p1vqr91 said:
DavidSeven":3p1vqr91 said:
Personally, I find booing your own team to be pretty distasteful in any circumstance. I know the players put on for the 12s in public, but I'm not sure how genuine that could really be. These guys get harassed incessantly on social media by Seattle fans and are booed in their own stadium. The "happy go-lucky" fanbase that took losses in stride and showed up gratefully to show support after tough losses really doesn't exist anymore. There is a bit of entitlement these days, and I'm guilty of it too. And maybe that's part of the current disconnect we see on the field. Who knows?

It's all human nature, though. There are external factors that might make one fanbase more passionate than the other, but at the end of the day, we are all human beings with the same flaws and vulnerable to the same bad tendencies.

As a Mariner fan, I completely disagree with your first sentence.

Mariners have fans? That activity (being a Mariner fan) could be defined as masochistic.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2oufskzp said:
Missing_Clink":2oufskzp said:

Did you read the prior sentence?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":q5ubwyut said:
bmorepunk":q5ubwyut said:
Missing_Clink":q5ubwyut said:

A dick?

The good news is he's in good company, save for Kearly and a few others.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Tical21":26wc89by said:
I'm a little disgusted with the Seahawks fanbase right now. All these thousands call themselves "the twelves", and yet go headfirst off the wagon at the first sign of trouble. That isn't a fanbase. That is a bunch of whining, entitled, Johnny Come Latelys. Was that booing that we heard? Booing? BOOING!!?!? The are the same guys that 20 months ago brought the decades-eluded Lombardi trophy to Seattle. Eight months ago were three feet from winning another. They've worked their tales off and we've enjoyed their fruit. And now we think we have the right to boo these guys? After four losses in one season?

Are we rallying around our team? Or are we booing? Unreal.

Name a fanbase that you admire. Who is a good fanbase? They wouldn't have been booing, and they wouldn't be jumping ship four losses after a Super Bowl appearance.
I'd rather boo the team than listen to their tired sorry reasons for excuses for why they continue to lose the same way.

Sometimes you just gotta boo your team!

Remember Shaun Alexander getting booed?!

Truth is, you play lousy, you get booed.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'm not really into booing your own team at home! But I'll tell you I had more than a few words a bit harsher than a boo for them in the privacy of my couch.
I don't like it but I do understand where it comes from . I'm sure a few die hards had a moment there as well.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
the i am better fan than you superfans are right up there with pats fans imo...everytime i see a thread like this i want to get the slow clap going because you are the best....better than all the rest...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2t2jx5yt said:
the i am better fan than you superfans are right up there with pats fans imo...everytime i see a thread like this i want to get the slow clap going because you are the best....better than all the rest...
oh ya...i will watch again and cheer for my team...if they bliw it i will be pissed off...the pressure is off now anyway...one game at a time approach.