Cassius Marsh is FAST

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I was just watching the Tyler Lockett return for TD highlight again (the most recent one, I know there is more than one, isnt that awesome? :thirishdrinkers: ). I noticed that when T-Lockett was sprinting on the right side of the field right before he sprints past the last two guys and scores, there is actually a span of a second or two where Cassius Marsh looks like he is actually gaining on T-Lock. That blew my mind. Maybe the angle is just right but that is what it looks like to me. I can't find the highlight on youtube to embed and I am not sure how to do it with the nfl.com videos.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Not to take anything from Marsh but he was running a straight line to the end zone and Locket was running toward the sideline/end zone. The angle difference would make someone who runs a 4.8 40 catch up to a 4.3-4.4. I don't know what speed they were both running at but it would make sense for Marsh to be gaining on Lockett.

Marsh is going for the blocks cutting the defender off (though he doesn't end up needing to make one) where Lockett is trying to stay right as much as possible to avoid the defender while still heading towards end zone.

Basis4day

Reaction score
BigMeach":359fyj47 said:
Not to take anything from Marsh but he was running a straight line to the end zone and Locket was running toward the sideline/end zone. The angle difference would make someone who runs a 4.8 40 catch up to a 4.3-4.4. I don't know what speed they were both running at but it would make sense for Marsh to be gaining on Lockett.

Marsh is going for the blocks cutting the defender off (though he doesn't end up needing to make one) where Lockett is trying to stay right as much as possible to avoid the defender while still heading towards end zone.

Pretty much nailed it.