Real Super Bowl ticket advice

seabowl

Reaction score
Since I live in NY getting a ticket to the game last year was a must. Now the whole bad weather/good weather played some games with us as far as when the best time to buy a ticket would be. With this said me and another Netter decided to wait it out and pick up 2 tickets the morining of the game through Stubhub. By waiting until the day of the game we knew some people would get desperate and drop their prices which they did. We bought 2 uppers at $1600 each and also paid $100 extra (totally worth it) to park our own cars at the Stubhub facility 2 miles away from the stadium. They bussed us to an from the stadium and also had a great pre-game tailgate party with free food, drinks and entertainment (heard Largent was there but didn't see him, saw other players though).

I think if you can get down to AZ the night before and buy the tickets the next morning you can save a bundle. Tickets a few days before the game last year were at least $800 higher than we paid. I see on Stubhub they are now over 3k and would bet if you use our strategy from last year, you would most likely do well.

Good luck all and bring your voice like we did if you get to go.

Go Hawks!!!!

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
seabowl":pub17gie said:
Since I live in NY getting a ticket to the game last year was a must. Now the whole bad weather/good weather played some games with us as far as when the best time to buy a ticket would be. With this said me and another Netter decided to wait it out and pick up 2 tickets the morining of the game through Stubhub. By waiting until the day of the game we knew some people would get desperate and drop their prices which they did. We bought 2 uppers at $1600 each and also paid $100 extra (totally worth it) to park our own cars at the Stubhub facility 2 miles away from the stadium. They bussed us to an from the stadium and also had a great pre-game tailgate party with free food, drinks and entertainment (heard Largent was there but didn't see him, saw other players though).

I think if you can get down to AZ the night before and buy the tickets the next morning you can save a bundle. Tickets a few days before the game last year were at least $800 higher than we paid. I see on Stubhub they are now over 3k and would bet if you use our strategy from last year, you would most likely do well.

Go Hawks!!!!

Did stubhub have a booth or something set up to purchase from, or did you buy in the parking lot on your phone?

Or did you buy them before you left the house?

I am considering doing this, but I really don't want to fly down there without a ticket in hand.

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Tickets have precipitously dropped in the last few hours. Some models have predicted the best time to pick up a ticket is Wednesday of this week and that $3000 is going to be a good 'get-in' price. I worry about waiting until gameday because of the sheer lack of volume of tickets available compared to last year as well as the mass of 12s that are going to be present in the Phoenix area.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":10mk11lh said:
seabowl":10mk11lh said:

Go Hawks!!!!

Did stubhub have a booth or something set up to purchase from, or did you buy in the parking lot on your phone?

I am considering doing this, but I really don't want to fly down there without a ticket in hand.

Bought at 10:45am from my house. With this said I remember they did have some booths there and think you may be able to buy that way but I would call to confirm. You can speak with them on the phone too to purchase which we did. From there you pick up your ticket at the SH facility.

Barthawk

Reaction score
My plan was/is to show up and try and get a ticket early on Sunday. The problem is where to get the ticket.. with all the scam artists it is a total crap shoot to buy them anywhere other than SH or Ticket exchange.

I am not confident that the $2k will get someone in this game. The inventory is just not there.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
salukihawk12":81ofd8ru said:
Tickets have precipitously dropped in the last few hours. Some models have predicted the best time to pick up a ticket is Wednesday of this week and that $3000 is going to be a good 'get-in' price. I worry about waiting until gameday because of the sheer lack of volume of tickets available compared to last year as well as the mass of 12s that are going to be present in the Phoenix area.
all the pundits have been dead wrong about what prices would do. personally, all bets are off as to what will happen. just my 2 cents. will they come to my price, i will see on thursday or friday morning when i have to confirm travel plans and can pull the plug then.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Barthawk":35kw38z5 said:
My plan was/is to show up and try and get a ticket early on Sunday. The problem is where to get the ticket.. with all the scam artists it is a total crap shoot to buy them anywhere other than SH or Ticket exchange.

I am not confident that the $2k will get someone in this game. The inventory is just not there.

who knows. yesterday, cheapest ticket on SH was 4600....now, 3455. go figure. i think there was way more people in the NYC area to absorb a larger inventory. who knows though. all the experts have been wrong on this SB.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
salukihawk12":33rj1khc said:

Not sure where the stat on available volume of tickets is. Last year when I was looking you would see the number of tickets available on game day jump as scalpers were looking to unload. I bet many more tickets available than what shows now. Patience, patience, patience (I think ).

Riley12

Reaction score
Ticket prices are definitely dropping now that sellers have their turn to panic. They are inching prices downward to try and find that sweet spot. I don't think they are going to find it until they get to about $2500 or less. At that point, eager 12's will gobble them up. Even now, by refreshing stubhub frequently, I've seen some sellers go into an all out panic and drop them into the $2500 range where they are quickly snapped up.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Barthawk":1k9qfryy said:

U should just save your money to buy me beers with when I see you guys down there. It's the least you could do.

andyh64000

Reaction score
I think tickets for less than $2K will be available the day of the game. Inventory is increasing on all the sites while prices are dropping.

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
Barthawk":1a68v02t said:

If you are looking to purchase tickets in person it if pretty easy to tell if they are fake.

1. Tickets have a raised front
2. There is a hologram sticker on the back
3. Bar codes on the top and bottom, need to match.

I read a couple of days ago a arizona article about how to spot fake tickets. Do a google search.

Rex

Reaction score
Secure travel and lodging plans first then buy tix within 24 hours of game.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Prices are creeping back up . Hopefully they start to drop.

I would feel a lot better getting on the plane with a ticket in hand but it's looking like I am going to go renegade and hope for the best hours before I take off or the morning of the superbowl .

I kicked myself for missing out last year , and it would hurt to get so close this year and miss out again.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
I believe with stub hub they have a pickup location ... I am sure other brokers do too

Boiler

Reaction score
seabowl":30cw5ttr said:
Seahawks1983":30cw5ttr said:

Bought at 10:45am from my house. With this said I remember they did have some booths there and think you may be able to buy that way but I would call to confirm. You can speak with them on the phone too to purchase which we did. From there you pick up your ticket at the SH facility.

I went on my own last year, got a frequent flyer ticket to Newark on game day and booked an $80 airport hotel, and then bought my ticket on StubHub using my cell phone on my way toward the stadium about 3 hours before kickoff. I ended up paying $500 under face value for a single club level ticket and got to the game well before it started. StubHub's bus service was awesome, as was the entire experience.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone still taking the advice on waiting until gameday to buy their tickets?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawren ... t-at-5000/

yes. this article sums things up.

short sqeeze/margin call on brokers.

i would add caution that there could be some people claiming on the guarantee of ticket resellers. i fear that some might only find themselves with stubhub giving them a refund since it may be very hard for them to go back into the market if a seller fails to deliver. read the fine print of the terms of the re-seller you buy through.

staggering really.