Real Super Bowl ticket advice

bigskydoc

Reaction score
On the brightside, this could bankrupt a few ticket brokers and free up some season tickets for Blue Pride members next year.

- bsd

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":37x6z3be said:
On the brightside, this could bankrupt a few ticket brokers and free up some season tickets for Blue Pride members next year.

- bsd

nah....the people in this game are national and not regional IMO.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I logged on to stub hub 2 days ago and they had no tickets, when I got home from work the inventory was back. It definitely goes up and down.

kellybente

Reaction score
I am fairly convinced that the nfl or the brokers are gaming the market, dribbling out just enough seats to keep the prices high. I had a flicker of doubt when some sites listed no tickets available, then was not surprised when new inventory showed up. I cannot believe that 20,000+ tickets were purchased at these astronomical prices. There has to be inventory waiting to be released. The ESPN article said that StubHub sold 874 tickets on the day following the conference championships, and that was the highest volume. And as the prices have shot up, only a hundred or two tickets have been sold each day. That doesn't fill a 70,000 seat stadium. I am boarding my flight Saturday with cash in hand and have every intention of getting into the game. I may be wrong, but the math doesn't add up, and I'm banking on supply catching up to the demand (of those with the faith and guts to make the trip) as the game clock ticks down. See you there!

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
Crazy. I bought mine on the Monday after NFCCG on vividseats and now they're sold out. I looked on stubhub and my section is going for $10,200!!! Wow. Im sure they'll drop but I would consider selling them. Thought about putting em on eBay and putting a high reserve on it. :) Don't know if I could really do it though. Gotta be in that stadium!!

uncle fester

Reaction score
$40,000 per ticket to sit in the corner in the 100s.

Forty. Thousand.

:shock:

To those still in the market I honestly, genuinely, wish you the best of luck in securing reasonably priced tickets for the game. Because some folks out there (selling) are clearly devoid of all shame.

(I'm glad I went last year)

andyh64000

Reaction score
uncle fester":ei5k1ztr said:
$40,000 per ticket to sit in the corner in the 100s.

Forty. Thousand.

:shock:

To those still in the market I honestly, genuinely, wish you the best of luck in securing reasonably priced tickets for the game. Because some folks out there (selling) are clearly devoid of all shame.

(I'm glad I went last year)

Devoid of all reality as well...nobody is going to buy tickets at these prices except ticket brokers who got caught in the short squeeze and that is supposed to be over by today.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Delayed in San Francisco of all places!! But we are loving walking around in our electric green shoes and all our Hawks gear. Now if I can score a decently priced single ticket...

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":3muesodv said:
Delayed in San Francisco of all places!! But we are loving walking around in our electric green shoes and all our Hawks gear. Now if I can score a decently priced single ticket...

good luck. as i freeze my nuts off in Toronto. 12F out but feels like -5F with the wind....ah, and i was supposed to be on a plan to LA in 4 hours...

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I still think around midday the day of the game prices drop precipitously.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If this thing ends up tied to the NFL partner Primesports, Roger is going to have yet another scandal on his hands.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
the question is , Is there going to be enough inventory to drop the prices to a reasonable level.

I find it hard to believe there is only a few hundred tickets left ...

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Russellmania3":3pk9dkt9 said:
the question is , Is there going to be enough inventory to drop the prices to a reasonable level.

I find it hard to believe there is only a few hundred tickets left ...

I think they are hoping people panic and pay these ridiculous prices. As I had said from the beginning, and especially now, wait until gameday and you'll see these vipers run to get rid of them for fear of being shut out.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
PHOENIX -- Hundreds of fans won't be going to Super Bowl XLIX after brokers and resale sites reneged on tickets that they already sold.

In most cases, those selling tickets never had them to begin with. The practice, called short selling, has become common for big games over the years. Brokers sell tickets and buy them cheaper closer to the event to make their profits. But the idea of selling before having anything in hand became more commonplace as the returns consistently came in for previous Super Bowls. That was until this year, when too many brokers sold tickets they didn't have and for lower prices than in previous years, making it impossible to get the real ticket for a price that was affordable when it came time to pull the trigger. By last Sunday, brokers were buying the worst seats for $5,000 just to save their company. Five days later, finding a ticket even for $10,000 was a challenge.

It's unknown exactly how many were affected, but many stories have heartbreak.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/st ... ll-through

Really fortunate I spent a little more for a guarantee row #. Feel sorry for these people who were scammed.

mikeak

Reaction score
Prices will definitely not come down. You got people who paid $2k+ accepting $4k for not getting a ticket. Surely most of them will offer $3k+ for a ticket.....

If I was there with a $2k ticket I know I would be willing to sell for $5k or more

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Well it's coming toward crunch time. Watch the ticket prices drop around 9-10am PST.

mikeak

Reaction score
seabowl":3ml0uoc6 said:
Well it's coming toward crunch time. Watch the ticket prices drop around 9-10am PST.

Agreed - I should have been clearer in my post. It won't come down to where it started this week but down from $8k and above is likely as people need to sell and rather make a good amount of money vs none