Tom Brady should be suspended for Super Bowl

RunTheBall

Reaction score
The NFL had no problem at all suspending Brandon Browner for doing weed last year for the entire duration of the playoffs (including the Super Bowl) or the year before for Adderall which would have cut into the playoffs but he chose to serve the suspension right away during the end of the 2012 regular season. What makes Tom Brady so special? It's clear he was the one who was the main culprit when cheating by deflating the footballs, the deflating was done for him by his demands. Why isn't he at the center of the issue? John Madden makes a perfect argument.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... footballs/

djb28

Reaction score
10392275_664787990299370_579054941983022132_n.jpg

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
You know what ... no way. I don't want to see any kind of suspension whatsoever for either Brady nor Belichick. I want to beat this Patriots team as is at full strength -- at its very best. No asterisks next to this game.

Boiler

Reaction score
No way. The Seahawks need to beat a Brady-led Patriots team to secure their legacy. Suspend whomever you like next year. Let's play this game straight up.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
No chance of that happening. There's too much money to be made on this game and that would kill it as a contest.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not being very realistic with this post. No way in hell is Brady getting suspended for the Superbowl due to this. At most the Patriots lose a draft pick and maybe a fine to the club and Bill.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I don't see how the NFL doest suspend either Brady or Belichick unless Roger wants to be hated by everyone. He made the comments about cheating after spygate, how can he possibly get away with a slap on the wrist?

Msfann

Reaction score
If they don't do something serious about it like suspend the coach then it just gives the message to everyone to go ahead and cheat in the playoffs and at worst you trade a draft pick for a super bowl championship.

Cheaters never win! oh wait they do in the NFL.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drdiags":2o3fyx37 said:
Not being very realistic with this post. No way in hell is Brady getting suspended for the Superbowl due to this. At most the Patriots lose a draft pick and maybe a fine to the club and Bill.
Yeah, even if they decided to go so extreme, the timeline is awefully short.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Suspending Brady is the right thing to do, but next year please. I don't want any asterisks on our second Lombardi.

- bsd RPA

OP
OP
R

RunTheBall

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":94o72gy5 said:
drdiags":94o72gy5 said:
Why is it extreme though? They cheated in the AFC Title Game, why should they get off the hook by just giving up a 1st round pick but still getting to play in the Super Bowl? It's basically saying "go ahead and cheat to win Super Bowls, we'll just take away a few draft picks and fine you a few hundred thousand dollars and call it good". They are repeat offenders with the same coach, same QB on the same team. The hammer should come down.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The best punishment I have seen is that the Patriots be required to do Hard Knocks the next 2 years.

That would be the worst hell Bill could possibly imagine.

peppersjap

Reaction score
RunTheBall":qqrblagv said:
HawKnPeppa":qqrblagv said:
drdiags":qqrblagv said:
Why is it extreme though? They cheated in the AFC Title Game, why should they get off the hook by just giving up a 1st round pick but still getting to play in the Super Bowl? It's basically saying "go ahead and cheat to win Super Bowls, we'll just take away a few draft picks and fine you a few hundred thousand dollars and call it good". They are repeat offenders with the same coach, same QB on the same team. The hammer should come down.
If the game had been slightly close I might think something needs to be done immediately, even the Colt players are saying it wasn't a factor as bad as they lost. I also want no excuses, we took down manning last year now it is time for Brady to go down too. They need to be penalized but that can happen next year during the draft or by suspending the coach!

randomation

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ml6d6to said:
The best punishment I have seen is that the Patriots be required to do Hard Knocks the next 2 years.

That would be the worst hell Bill could possibly imagine.

I like this idea and enforce interview time with the coach where he actually has to answer questions this could be an excellent punishment.

randomation

Reaction score
peppersjap":83k349xc said:
RunTheBall":83k349xc said:
HawKnPeppa":83k349xc said:
drdiags":83k349xc said:
If the game had been slightly close I might think something needs to be done immediately, even the Colt players are saying it wasn't a factor as bad as they lost. I also want no excuses, we took down manning last year now it is time for Brady to go down too. They need to be penalized but that can happen next year during the draft or by suspending the coach!

The big thing is many suspect this has been going on all year and is one of the reasons for the marked change in drops and fumbles compared to last year. If this happened during the Ravens game say which was extremely close this could be a very big deal.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I don't care if Brady and Belichick get caught stealing food from an orphanage for blind children. They can be punished after the Super Bowl.

I want to play against the real New England Patriots.

Any punishments about the squishy balls can be saved for the off season.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3pouse8k said:
drdiags":3pouse8k said:
You mean short like when they told Lynch if he wore gold cleats he'd be ejected from the game?

akscoundrel

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet if it was marshawn he'd get suspended for the Superbowl...

Because gold cleats and crotch grabs are a big no no. But cheating? No problem...

Edit: to be clear, I don't want to see anybody (Brady, belichick, etc) be suspended for the Superbowl. You're just gift wrapping the losers and haters an excuse.

Chawks1

Reaction score
No way! Bring that noodle arm pretty boy to AZ. He is Peyton 2.0. He can't throw deep. He is a statue. His passing game consists of dumping the ball underneath to Wes Welker wannabes and finding Gronk the 6'7" freak. Our D matches up VERY well against their offense.

Don't be made bro. Embrace the opportunity to define his legacy as losing his last 3 Super Bowls. :sarcasm_on:

Latest posts