Tom Brady should be suspended for Super Bowl

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1q51ktf8 said:
ZagHawk":1q51ktf8 said:
Brady and Belichick should both be in the SB. If the Hawks were to beat a brady or belichick-less SB, you know how garbage that victory would be? The Patriots need to get punished not the Hawks.

Take away draft picks
Lower their salary cap
Suspend Brady/Belichick for 4 games or the entire season.

Some combo of the above.

Agreed.

What's done is done. They were caught. They blew out the Colts, so this wasn't a big enough factor to sway that game. The end. Punish these guys in 2015, not for the Super Bowl.

Don't want a possible Super Bowl repeat to be tarnished by some deflated footballs. That's just ridiculous

Yea cause this is the only time they have done it right?

By definition of being a cheater they almost certainly have done this before.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
" if" he did it. He should be suspended . But I'd hate that. That team needs to be straight up beAt at full streanth . Anything less will take any bit of glitter left in this Super Bowl . It's already tainted .

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":q7cb6iee said:
Wow, I thought Hawks fans were smarter than this thread shows. The best solution would be to drop that rule and let teams inflate to whatever they want (except for kicking balls). Who cares if Brady prefers 11 psi and Rodgers prefers 14? The other team is not affected in any way. They already allow each team to customize the footballs by scuffing etc., because a brand new football is too slippery to throw.

Also, here's Terry Bradshaw in a book he wrote previously:
Most fans don’t know it, but before the game we would doctor the footballs that would be used. Until the season of 2000 it was up to the home team to provide twenty-four game balls to the officials for each game. A brand-new NFL football straight from the factory is not easy to throw or catch. It’s rock hard and very slippery. So in the privacy of the locker room before the game, players would take the footballs and rub them and scrub them to remove the glaze, or deflate them, then pump them up with air real big to stretch the leather. On some teams the kickers would put them through a cycle in the dryer. Some teams did this, but naturally not the Steelers, because we were righteous folk who would never stretch the rules, and when these other teams—not the Steelers—were finished, they would put them back in the plastic wrapping and right back in the box. Some teams—who were not the Steelers—after the officials had checked and approved the game balls, would let out a couple of pound of air to make it easier for the quarterback to grip it. A little less air would make the ball spongier. It was what might be called a perceived advantage-both teams played with the same ball.

This controversy is a total farce.

It would have been prior to the year 2000, yes. Now each offense is responsible for bringing and using their own balls. 12 apiece. Only time the other team gets to handle it is - you guessed it - during a turnover.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1zmugsyp said:
There wouldn't be an asterisk, as Brady would be suspended as a cheater. The vast football universe outside of New England would give precisely zero craps.

Wrong. I guarantee that if BB and/or TB are suspended for the SB and the Hawks win, every single time that I bring up the victory my Bronco and Neener buddies will say, "yeah but you didn't really win that second Superb Owl, it was forfeited to you."

Guaranteed.

Leave no doubt

- Go Hawks

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Great Parody someone did, I'm just gonna leave this here.

[youtube]RSwxRxvFRwI[/youtube]

The Outfield

Reaction score
I hope he isn't, I want us to win the Super Bowl against Brady and Belichick.