Play of the game.......

seabowl

Reaction score
Where do we start with picking the play of the game? With so many incredibly important moments if I had to pick one it was..... The 2 point conversion. Obviously the TD to Kearse and the onside kick were incredible however I feel the 2 pt play was the most improbable of them all. With the pressure Russell was under, him throwing completely across the field, the time the ball was in the air and the bobble by Willson. With all this against them they still completed the play which was unreal considering the circumstances. It kind of reminded me of "the catch" play Montana to Clark.

Thoughts?

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Nope. Play of the game was the pass from the punter to a backup OL.

razgriz737

Reaction score
It's the 2 pointer for me. Without that Mason Crosby nails a game winner and it's Atlanta all over again.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
TJack calling the coin flip to start the overtime.
Also every pass defended by Sherm after he was injured.

SF49r

Reaction score
That 2 point conversion play by Wilson was probably the clutchest play I have seen in all my years of watching football. What was it like 5 defenders in his face and the touch on that ball couldn't have been any better. If he didn't convert that, Seahawks probably lose that game. That was the play of the game, hats off to Russel Wilson for being a straight up beast when it mattered despite throwing 4 interceptions all game long.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
SF49r":2k0jxc6m said:
That 2 point conversion play by Wilson was probably the clutchest play I have seen in all my years of watching football. What was it like 5 defenders in his face and the touch on that ball couldn't have been any better. If he didn't convert that, Seahawks probably lose that game. That was the play of the game, hats off to Russel Wilson for being a straight up beast when it mattered despite throwing 4 interceptions all game long.

With you being a Niner fan did it remind you a little of "the catch"?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
There were so many critical plays I don't think I could pick one as being greater than the other.

SF49r

Reaction score
seabowl":2j5381lo said:
SF49r":2j5381lo said:

With you being a Niner fan did it remind you a little of "the catch"?
Not so much, but Russell reminded me of Montana a little bit just by keeping his composure and showing up when it mattered.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Tied:
- Ryan TD pass.
- 2 point conversion.
- Onside kick recovery.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SF49r":1vqdo3vh said:

Touch pass......I guess.....seemed more like a "what do I have to lose here prayer" that was answered thank god.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
The Outfield":2rzqwxm2 said:
Tied:
- Ryan TD pass.
- 2 point conversion.
- Onside kick recovery.
Got to go with this too many crazy miracle plays to list just one

Mike 4G

Reaction score
The last 2 minutes and OT were too crazy to pick one play. If you played that timeframe a 1000 times, that may be the only time we win it.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Don't forget about the third and a million conversion on the scoring drive. There are so many plays, that if unsuccessful would have changed the outcome. This game, my oh my.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1th4fo4t said:
SF49r":1th4fo4t said:

Touch pass......I guess.....seemed more like a "what do I have to lose here prayer" that was answered thank god.

With the way the ball hung in the air, and the camera panning over a little late,
not really knowing what was happening over there, was anyone else fearful of a pick-2?

Or was that just me?

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Probably not the play of the game (and maybe more of a non-play), but one of the most important plays that will not get the press it should: Late in the 4th, 3rd and 10. GB ball. A pass underneath by GB. Sherman made a solid tackle, keeping the WR well short of the line of gain.

If Sherman isn't tough enough to make that tackle, while seriously hurt, it's an easy first down. If they get a first down there, we are way way way behind, and probably don't come back.

Sherman gets a lot of press for both good reasons and bad reasons. But think what you want about him - he's a tough and technically sound guy who showed in on that non-play.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JerHawk81":3pa338rf said:
Probably not the play of the game (and maybe more of a non-play), but one of the most important plays that will not get the press it should: Late in the 4th, 3rd and 10. GB ball. A pass underneath by GB. Sherman made a solid tackle, keeping the WR well short of the line of gain.

If Sherman isn't tough enough to make that tackle, while seriously hurt, it's an easy first down. If they get a first down there, we are way way way behind, and probably don't come back.

Sherman gets a lot of press for both good reasons and bad reasons. But think what you want about him - he's a tough and technically sound guy who showed in on that non-play.
GREAT call. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that saw this. He was in obviously serious pain from the tackle, but went right in anyway because his will to win and heart are huge. For all his shit talking and self promotion, the bottom line is the guy is one helluva football player. Worth every penny the Hawks are paying him.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":ocrrezdh said:
Hawkpower":ocrrezdh said:
SF49r":ocrrezdh said:

With the way the ball hung in the air, and the camera panning over a little late,
not really knowing what was happening over there, was anyone else fearful of a pick-2?

Or was that just me?

Hadnt thought about that....would have been devastating right there as well.

Game of inches, football is.