Sunday weather

lobohawk

Reaction score
So with the weather listed, will there be any impact to how it affects the teams?

The Hawks will be more experienced for the rain, but the winds sound like they might be up there. On first glance that would benefit the run game. Course Rogers does have a pretty strong throw. Unsure how the winds translate in the stadium.

51 degrees - 90% chance of light rain. Winds SW at 15-25 mph.

p.s. apologies, if already discussed.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Considering that Rodgers as a drop off from Home to Away games.

Rain affects passing, see Saints/Seahawks Divisional round.

And someone else posted that Packers have trouble with Field Turf games.

This is going to be an ugly game for sure.

The team that can gets its Ground Game going and capitalize on mistakes should come out on top.

I honestly feel the key player of the game will be Kevin Williams and how much he is determined to get that Championship opportunity.

Guy is a beast and a god-send.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The 18mph+ average winds expected for the first half of the game could definitely affect the passing game for both teams. The winds are expected to die down - along with the showers - as the game progresses.

I don't anticipate the weather being that much of a factor however. It's not like the Packers are from Florida.

I do think the game will be closer in the final score than 12's would like.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually make that 25-35mph expected...Eep! Yeah, that is no joke for the passing and kicking game.

This game may come down to who has the bigger game...Lynch or Lacey.

Largent80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2od0e3hu said:
Largent80":2od0e3hu said:
it's 80 and crystal clear here today, I'm goin for a motorcycle ride.
God I hate you. It's a freakin' monsoon up here today.

Only hate that you aren't here. After 32 years of it up there, I decided to get back to sun in the winter. Makes a huge difference in these bones.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would be concerned about Wilson, this year wet balls have been a problem for him, either he is palming it when he throws or grabbing to tight, his worst games have been when it's really raining.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
So its basically going to be the saints game all over again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3g1vb2l3 said:
Largent80":3g1vb2l3 said:

Meh, don't hate him too much. He pays 5x as much for water as you do, as there is none in So Cal. They have to steal it all from Lake Mead.

At least in the Portland/Vancouver area, it hasn't been all that wet this year, compared to most years.

As for the game, rain and 25 mph winds will affect the passing game. Also, I'm not sure how much Rodgers can put on a ball with a tweaked calf; even in that last game in the 2nd half after he shot up, he was still throwing off of one leg. You don't want to throw off of one leg, in the rain, with a wind.

If the passing game gets dialed down that much due to weather, I'm liking our chances in that. Our defense is better against the run anyways, and when you take away the threat of the pass.....look out.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawks46":28kr3j3l said:
I'm liking our chances in that. Our defense is better against the run anyways, and when you take away the threat of the pass.....look out.

I thought we had the #1 ranked pass defense and something like #3 against the run.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawks46":wiidrxtp said:
hawksfansinceday1":wiidrxtp said:
Largent80":wiidrxtp said:

Meh, don't hate him too much. He pays 5x as much for water as you do, as there is none in So Cal. They have to steal it all from Lake Mead.

Also, some people like things like seasons and weather and colors other than brown. Some people don't.

Chapow

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":qtqffop9 said:
So its basically going to be the saints game all over again.

I don't think so. Both NOAA and Accuweather are calling it breezy with 18-24 MPH winds and showers, not straight up rain.

If the game was being played today, then yeah, it would be a lot like the Saints game last year but with less wind.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Aros":1qrvrrlb said:
Actually make that 25-35mph expected...Eep! Yeah, that is no joke for the passing and kicking game.

This game may come down to who has the bigger game...Lynch or Lacey.

Latest GFS run has 15-20KTS, the 25-35mph will be early early morning sunday, not during the game.

Rain will be very light much of the game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":10o152yn said:
Largent80":10o152yn said:

No big deal. He's in S. Cal, so it's probably a moped :mrgreen: