How do we get a 2nd?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Anyway to trade up? Or do we just sit there all day tomorrow until our next pick?

OP
OP
C

CPHawk

Reaction score
This is a really top heavy draft. Rounds 4-7 aren’t near as deep as others in the past. If we could somehow move up and get Bebe, that’s would be ideal.

Scout

Reaction score
The run on offensive players pushed down defensive players. But it is still a deep draft along the interior OL and WR. Hawks are in a good spot to take BAP on day 2.

sutz

Reaction score
Would likely cost us our third this year snd our second next year. Not sure it’s worth it.
Yeah, we only have another 6 picks IIRC. Not a lot of capital this year to trade up. I suppose it is possible given your scenario, but to do that we would have to evaluate how much will we need next year based on how the team is set now. I don't think that would be smart to use that much capital for help now.

Hopefully, there are still some good OL left when we pick in the 3d.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
I would rather take our lumps this year. We're in a rebuild so why not clean everything up, see how this year goes, and save for the future.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I would rather take our lumps this year. We're in a rebuild so why not clean everything up, see how this year goes, and save for the future.
9-8 and we're in a rebuild?

I don't understand some fans.

Rat

Reaction score
At best, our next two picks and a third next year. I think we'd REALLY have to like someone to give up something like that.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Until we can go toe to toe with the 9'ers and Rams.
You're talking about a 36 year old matt stafford that led a 10-7 rams team that lost Aaron Donald. A 49ers team that is nearing having to pay their QB and key players and we have a solid offense already.

If it wasn’t for our atrocious defense we’d be a legitimate contender. Day one already gave us a boost.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Still need to get lucky vs teams like SF and KC… but AGS

Shane Falco

Reaction score
This is a really top heavy draft. Rounds 4-7 aren’t near as deep as others in the past. If we could somehow move up and get Bebe, that’s would be ideal.

I totally feel that way too. I don't feel like there is nearly as much overall talent as the last two drafts had.

OP
OP
C

CPHawk

Reaction score
I totally feel that way too. I don't feel like there is nearly as much overall talent as the last two drafts had.
Guys are getting paid more from NIL to stay in school, then they do as a 5th round pick.