Good Article

sam1313

Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=seattle-seahawks

I know it is from Bleacher Report, but I thoroughly enjoyed the descriptions of the game. There are quite a few plays described, but here are some good quotes:

The Seahawks were emotional, fiery and, well, mean as hell. The 19-3 final score didn't show it, but this was a total beatdown.

After every big stop, the Seahawks defenders would jump, high-five and celebrate. They'd do so excessively, particularly after stopping a runner or embarrassing Kaepernick, which was often.

They were mad. They were ornery. They are back.

It's official now: The Seahawks are the most dangerous team in the NFC.

Seattle's schedule down the stretch is so brutal, it's still possible they might not make the postseason. But they will make this final stretch interesting. The way they throttled the 49ers and intimidated one of the most physical teams in football says a great deal.

The score should have been at least 20-0 at the half instead of 13-0. But in that first half, the Seahawks had almost as many penalty yards (65) as the 49ers had total offensive yards (71). That first half was so bad that thousands—perhaps tens of thousands—of 49ers fans left at halftime and didn't come back.

This isn't to say Seattle is the best team in the NFC. But it is, right now, maybe the scariest. Because the Seahawks have regained their ability to physically dominate. They are playing like a bunch of crazed dogs again. When the Seahawks are like this, they are incredibly hard to beat.

While Kaepernick's play was putrid, Wilson's was at times spectacular. What the moronic Wilson critics continue to fail to grasp is that his game is versatility. That in itself makes him weaponized far more than his critics want to admit.

byau

Reaction score
Definitely good article. I hope this angry chip on the shoulder attitude stays. I can't see why not, this is what they were the last two years and it's to see it back

One neat thing I didn't think about before, from Sherman's press conference post-game and been alluded to in a few articles I think: the Seahawks were celebrating EVERY hit. Sherman had mentioned something about this, that the other team couldn't understand why they'd celebrate a hit after a huge gain. Even if the rush or pass was a pretty good gain..7 yards, 10 yards, even more. No matter what, the Seahawks wanted to make a big HIT to end every play and when they did they'd jump up and down like crazy.

I could see this in the game most noticeably when ET3 would make a hit and swagger away .

It totally makes sense to me now. That seriously is every single play, the defense thinking they are going to make a play. Even if it's a 30 yard run, they think they'll make a big hit and make a big play. That type of mentality is Seahawks ball and I never really thought of that before.

That means if you are the opposing offense, if you got the ball, you know whether you make no play or make a big play the Seahawks D will be looking to take your head off. And as those big huge hits pile up, that'll make you possibly get more mentally and even physically tired and intimidated as the game goes on.

It's akin to our offense committing to the run: eventually it will tire out the opposing D and even if the offense get little gains at the beginning of the game, it will open things up later as our offense tries to pummel that opposing D into submission (you could see the 49ers Borland start losing a step on his shoots and his tackles)

So now this is our defense, committing to the hit and the attack. It will tire out the opposing O and even if they get huge gains at the beginning of the game, it will close things up later as our defense tries to pummel that opposing offense into submission.

Love what I've seen so far, here's hoping it stays for real this time.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
byau":1q6lph6p said:
Definitely good article. I hope this angry chip on the shoulder attitude stays. I can't see why not, this is what they were the last two years and it's to see it back

One neat thing I didn't think about before, from Sherman's press conference post-game and been alluded to in a few articles I think: the Seahawks were celebrating EVERY hit. Sherman had mentioned something about this, that the other team couldn't understand why they'd celebrate a hit after a huge gain. Even if the rush or pass was a pretty good gain..7 yards, 10 yards, even more. No matter what, the Seahawks wanted to make a big HIT to end every play and when they did they'd jump up and down like crazy.

I could see this in the game most noticeably when ET3 would make a hit and swagger away .

It totally makes sense to me now. That seriously is every single play, the defense thinking they are going to make a play. Even if it's a 30 yard run, they think they'll make a big hit and make a big play. That type of mentality is Seahawks ball and I never really thought of that before.

That means if you are the opposing offense, if you got the ball, you know whether you make no play or make a big play the Seahawks D will be looking to take your head off. And as those big huge hits pile up, that'll make you possibly get more mentally and even physically tired and intimidated as the game goes on.

It's akin to our offense committing to the run: eventually it will tire out the opposing D and even if the offense get little gains at the beginning of the game, it will open things up later as our offense tries to pummel that opposing D into submission (you could see the 49ers Borland start losing a step on his shoots and his tackles)

So now this is our defense, committing to the hit and the attack. It will tire out the opposing O and even if they get huge gains at the beginning of the game, it will close things up later as our defense tries to pummel that opposing offense into submission.

Love what I've seen so far, here's hoping it stays for real this time.

Good post.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah this was the first game of the Harbaugh era that I didn't see the Niners punch back...........they just took it and rolled over.

It's a window into how much the coach plays into the psyche of the team. Take two talented teams, and one is still fighting like hell for their coach and each other, and the other is ready to move on because they can't take their coach any longer.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dig Mike Freeman. He is the one who posted the "black enough" article though. So, you guys should still hate him regardless.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
The thing about the mentality the Hawks have now found, or I should say refound is it is the Heavyweight fighter mentality where those early body blows lead to knock out punches later.

pehawk

Reaction score
Three weeks ago everyone ripped this author. He was a hack, made stuff up, not professional, but now he's insightful.

Good stuff fellow "12's", way to be consistent...

endzorn

Reaction score
pehawk":1d8cf536 said:
Three weeks ago everyone ripped this author. He was a hack, made stuff up, not professional, but now he's insightful.

This goes for every author/reporter/columnist. You can gauge the boards' opinion of an author's intelligence by the number of pro-Seahawks statements he's made.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":29xn5eyn said:
pehawk":29xn5eyn said:

This goes for every author/reporter/columnist. You can gauge the boards' opinion of an author's intelligence by the number of pro-Seahawks statements he's made.

Very true. A few weeks ago I was defending the guy, saying I enjoy his work, and got ripped for it. If I had only waited a few weeks I could be high-fived instead.

Way to have principles, 12's!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":3rvby3s1 said:

I thought it was common knowledge on here that any columnist that writes good things about the Hawks is a genius, and any columnist that writes negative things is a hack and biased hater.

So yeah, this forum is consistent.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1sjeim3x said:
pehawk":1sjeim3x said:

I thought it was common knowledge on here that any columnist that writes good things about the Hawks is a genius, and any columnist that writes negative things is a hack and biased hater.

So yeah, this forum is consistent.

Very, very true.

Freeman has had an odd fascination with the Hawks for some time. He gives Prisco a beating about once a week on twitter over his Wilson v Dalton article.

byau

Reaction score
Hmmm... interesting. I guess you're referring to that "black enough" article. I don't remember what I commented on that (or even if I did) but that being said what's wrong with agreeing with a person on one thing and then disagreeing with him on the next thing?

Surely you know people that you agree with them on a lot of things but not everything

Or am I taking a way too general approach here?

pehawk

Reaction score
byau":31a8ficr said:
Hmmm... interesting. I guess you're referring to that "black enough" article. I don't remember what I commented on that (or even if I did) but that being said what's wrong with agreeing with a person on one thing and then disagreeing with him on the next thing?

Surely you know people that you agree with them on a lot of things but not everything

Too general and I'm basically making fun of us as a fanbase, all of us. Peaches more than anyone else, but still all of us.

It is a good article, I read it when it hit Thursday night. IIRC, that was Freeman's 1st game he actually got to cover.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
byau":1xoorbf5 said:

Don't back down dude, sock it to them.

If Pe finds me one person who has praised this article that also criticized the aforementioned one then I'll not only put stock into his comments, I'll use that stock to cook my crow.

My guess is he wont find one. He generalises all of us fans as '12s' (one of his favourite terms). He thinks that just because he got a Seahawks tattoo the year Stauffer, Gelbaugh and McGwire crapped their way to 2-14 he's better than us.

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1e4b2y9m said:
byau":1e4b2y9m said:

Don't back down dude, sock it to them.

If Pe finds me one person who has praised this article that also criticized the aforementioned one then I'll not only put stock into his comments, I'll use that stock to cook my crow.

My guess is he wont find one. He generalises all of us fans as '12s' (one of his favourite terms). He thinks that just because he got a Seahawks tattoo the year Stauffer, Gelbaugh and McGwire crapped their way to 2-14 he's better than us.

I know I'm better than the lot of ya.

pehawk

Reaction score
For the record, that "Black Enough" article's topic is locked. But, Somerset replied in that thread...

I think I just got stupider reading that. I mean, come on, not black enough? I've never seen or heard this anywhere else. Is this a joke that my pasty white ass isn't getting?

byau

Reaction score
Heh... To be honest if I weren't a Hawks fan I would be annoyed to all heck by the Seahawks fan base.

Obnoxious bandwagoners the lot of ya. :)

But since I am one, the fanbase is family ....

Just happens that my family tree is full of nuts... What can you do?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":zd3qx3yi said:
For the record, that "Black Enough" article's topic is locked. But, Somerset replied in that thread...

I think I just got stupider reading that. I mean, come on, not black enough? I've never seen or heard this anywhere else. Is this a joke that my pasty white ass isn't getting?

Thank god I held back from praising this most recent article. I'm glad you went and checked though.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Anyone else feel that the team in the first half of the season played a more corporate style of football, kind of like they were the bullies forced into detention, and then had to conform to the rules and regulations of what the league wanted them to be.

So the weren't the same team that made them successful.

Then no matter how hard they tried to "behave" the league kind of just look the other way and allowed other teams to pick on them while they were trying to conform.

So then Pete and the team became fed up, and with their backs against the wall, they returned to being the bully and not caring what the league perception of them were. Call it their swag if you will but their is definately a different demeanor to this team. The team in the first half was almost serious business, workmanlike trying too hard... the team I'm seeing now is much looser and having fun... and when you have fun doing something you love... the burden and weight expectations is much lighter.

This team heading into the final month just might be the scariest team in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2x1zl9eu said:
Anyone else feel that the team in the first half of the season played a more corporate style of football, kind of like they were the bullies forced into detention, and then had to conform to the rules and regulations of what the league wanted them to be.

So the weren't the same team that made them successful.

No, I don't.

I think our early season struggles were a product of;

1. SB hangover of not having the fire in the belly that this team's had the last couple of years
2. Getting every team's best shot
3. Trying to conform Harvin into the offense
4. Injuries, especially on the defensive side
5. Off field distractions

Now we're finally healthy enough and focused, whic has resulted in looking like the team from last year.........hungry and mean.