Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This WR intrigues me a lot. Dude is 6'5 and I believe just ran a 4.34 40 yard dash. Would like to hear others opinions on him.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
6ft 4 inches of immense potential. Somewhat forgotten behind a couple of great Clemson receivers in Hopkins and Watkins, if we want him, we will have to take him with our 2nd.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He's 6'3" and change. He isn't a big. And he doesn't play up to his real size either.

titan3131

Reaction score
This guy is what we need.

Size speed. Perfect sidney replacement.

He has the chip on the shoulder being overshadowed by sammy watkins.

General Manager

Reaction score
My sleeper pick at WR right now whoever drafts him will be real glad they did.

kearly

Reaction score
6'4" with a 39" vertical who runs 4.42. Red line receiver. I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle made him a "surprise" 1st round pick.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
That speed and size reminds me of Justin Hunter who went #42 last year, IIRC. Earlier in the season Bryant did not look good taking a hit and maintaining possession, but was much improved the second half of the season at Clemson. I would not want to take him in the first round, but I also know he's barely playing to his potential.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's very raw with immense potential, is still pretty slight and doesn't have very big hands. Could be a diamond though ad he has tremendous physical ability. Is apparently reputed to be a knucklehead though I haven't yet read about any off field issues.

titan3131

Reaction score
I highly doubt we go pick #1 with bryant as much as I want too.

Now we make a deal get another 2nd round pick and snag him there definitely.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looks like he has great straight-line speed, but, to me, doesn't look very fluid in highlights. This may be confirmed by his slow 3-cone time. Might lack short area quickness and the size to go over the middle. Could be a one-dimensional redline receiver. Also, part of the appeal of a big WR for Pete has to be his ability to block downfield -- not sure if Bryant has a great body for that. That height/speed combo is attractive, though -- but attractive enough for a 1st or 2nd?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah as far as the bigs go, Devin Street and Jordan Matthews did well.

The one who absolutely killed it was Jeff Janis. His speed, 10 yard, shuttle and three cone are just ridiculous. I'm going to have to really dig into him. I didn't like how balls ate him up at the combine. But he is a Konzian specimen.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I watched Janis closely during the Senior Bowl week; just not a very good football player. The speed doesn't translate to the field and he really, really struggled to catch the ball.

I really like Devin Street though. Could be a bargain in the mid rounds. Really reminiscent of Sidney Rice.

Intriguing athlete, but he has a ton of work to do.

Attyla the Hawk":33yuu4w6 said:
Yeah as far as the bigs go, Devin Street and Jordan Matthews did well.

The one who absolutely killed it was Jeff Janis. His speed, 10 yard, shuttle and three cone are just ridiculous. I'm going to have to really dig into him. I didn't like how balls ate him up at the combine. But he is a Konzian specimen.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Bryant seems to have intriquing measurables, but I thought I read somewhere that he also came with a 2 cent head? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?