What is the chance of Auburn jumping OSU in the polls?

davidonmi

Reaction score
they aren't jumping FSU. OSU, probably 50%, 60% if they beat Missou

kearly

Reaction score
We've seen a few times before where a 1 loss team didn't even make their conference championship but still made the BCS title game thanks to the formula. I would be mildly surprised if Auburn beats Missouri and they fail to get in.

Worth noting that if not for a close loss to Notre Dame early in the season, Michigan State would be undefeated themselves. They figure to be the toughest team OSU will have faced all year and they play next weekend. If Michigan State wins that game, there won't be any room for controversy.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":3kdjss1f said:
We've seen a few times before where a 1 loss team didn't even make their conference championship but still made the BCS title game thanks to the formula. I would be mildly surprised if Auburn beats Missouri and they fail to get in.

Worth noting that if not for a close loss to Notre Dame early in the season, Michigan State would be undefeated themselves. They figure to be the toughest team OSU will have faced all year and they play next weekend. If Michigan State wins that game, there won't be any room for controversy.
I'm beginning to think that might happen. I think OSU could get exposed against a team they can't run all over

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Better than decent chance MSU beats OSU. Ohio State have ridden their luck a few times this season already.

Their toughest opponent this year was Wisconsin. The only ranked team they've faced (lets not count Northwestern).

Auburn and Alabama deserve to be above Ohio State.

NCstateHAWK3

Reaction score
ESPN during the nine o'clock EST went all in for Auburn. Putting the label on them as being 'America's Team' and the story they are writing. They had the Auburn AD on and he made the comment that it would be 'un-American' for Auburn not to play for the National Champion pending they win the SEC champion.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If OSU and FSU win out they will go to the title game. There's never been an undefeated big 5 conference champ who didn't get in over a 1 loss team.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2i6fn2m2 said:
If OSU and FSU win out they will go to the title game. There's never been an undefeated big 5 conference champ who didn't get in over a 1 loss team.

Has the Big 10 ever been this poor?

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
The one chance tOSU gets the play somebody, they get leaped by Auburn. Take that Meyer!

Make it so

Uncle Si

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2c8ren28 said:
Better than decent chance MSU beats OSU. Ohio State have ridden their luck a few times this season already.

Their toughest opponent this year was Wisconsin. The only ranked team they've faced (lets not count Northwestern).

Auburn and Alabama deserve to be above Ohio State.

Hasn't Auburn ridden their luck as well?

I dont see Auburn passing OSU. Im pulling for OSU-FSU... Don't see the need having a one loss team in the championship.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":1a99fdlf said:
I don't see how they couldn't be on top after beating #1.

They lost by 14 to LSU. FSU is undefeated.

I'm going with MSU over OSU and think Auburn will pull off another thrilla' vs. Mizzou. Both outstanding match-ups. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13uaal5o said:
Hasn't Auburn ridden their luck as well?

Against Georgia, sure. But Ohio State rode their luck against teams like Northwestern, Iowa and Wisconsin. They gave up 35 points to Illinois, 34 to California and squeezed past a Michigan team that almost lost to UConn and Akron.

Nothing lucky about Auburn's win over Alabama win for me. That was a great effort and what a way to win it.

BASF

Reaction score
FSU blows out all of them anyway come the title game. No team is as talented as the Seminoles this season.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
FSU's schedule this season has been beyond powder puff.

Duke in the ACC final won't change that either.

In fact just let the SEC & PAC12 champs play each other.

davidonmi

Reaction score
this is why the BCS is bogus. If things hold the NCG will be B1G vs. ACC. Those are the #4 and #5 conference in america. Is that really what we want

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NCstateHAWK3":qgmtvbxq said:
ESPN during the nine o'clock EST went all in for Auburn. Putting the label on them as being 'America's Team' and the story they are writing. They had the Auburn AD on and he made the comment that it would be 'un-American' for Auburn not to play for the National Champion pending they win the SEC champion.
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

And yeah, Mich St could well make it moot.

BASF

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1rotlooj said:
FSU's schedule this season has been beyond powder puff.

Duke in the ACC final won't change that either.

In fact just let the SEC & PAC12 champs play each other.

If ASU wins sure (they at least lost to ranked opponents), but if I was a PAC 12 supporter like 95% of the people on this site, I would be embarrassed that a team that lost to a pair of teams that have a combined 11 losses and barely ever sniffed the rankings is probably going to be my champion. I have been saying all year that the PAC 12 is vastly overrated, and I would say that this bares that out quite well.

If FSU does get Auburn and we blow them out as I am pretty sure we will, the talk is going to be that Auburn had an off day and that the Seminoles wouldn't have defeated a much more talented Alabama team. I wanted Alabama to win to avoid any of the crap that is going to come from FSU being the champs this season.