Bishop Sankey will be missed, that said...

kearly

Reaction score
I really like the size/power/speed combination that both Cooper and Washington have for UW. Neither one is as good a player as Sankey is individually, but as a duo they wear down defenses about as fast as the Seahawks backfield does. They remind me a little of the Giants epic run game tandem back in 2008 when they had Ahmad Bradshaw, Derrick Ward and Brandon Jacobs (New York had two 1000 yard rushers that season). I still remember the Seahawks playing the Giants that season and giving up 10+ on seemingly every single run while getting their teeth knocked in and bones crunched in the process.

I'd be shocked if Sankey doesn't declare for the next draft. I think when he does leave, we won't have a focal point to the running game, but UW might just be all right at running the football anyway.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Don't forget Callier, he's only a Junior so he'll be back next year as well so the Huskies will have some experienced depth.

HawkWow

Reaction score
How much eligibility does Coop have left?

I agree, Sankey has to go pro. I'm of the opinion that if it looks like you'll go in the 1st (or even top 3 rds), you have to go. Especially running backs, who typically have shorter (NFL) life expectancies but transition more easily into the bigs. He will be missed, but we say that after every departing back. We just keep reloading. ; )

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Before the season I was saying Dwayne Washington will eventually get drafted higher than Sankey does. I didn't see Sankey having this ridiculous of a year, so that may not be true anymore, but DW seems like a more prototypical NFL back to me.

Tical21

Reaction score
I love the burst on Washington, but he's got to lower those pads considerably if he wants to survive.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
When I watch Bishop I can't help but see another Doug Martin type player. Anyone else see this?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sankey would be crazy to return to school next season. Sark will run him into the ground just like he did with Polk. There is nothing more he can prove to NFL scouts if he stays another year.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Cooper has at least another year...I don't know if they've red-shirted him or not but it seems like he should get to play 2 more years since this was his only year on the field.

Spounge84

Reaction score
fenderbender123":alsl7p9b said:
Cooper has at least another year...I don't know if they've red-shirted him or not but it seems like he should get to play 2 more years since this was his only year on the field.

He has one more year, he's a fourth year junior now. Although I guess he could apply for a medical redshirt for one of the years he was injured, no guarantee he gets it though.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tical21":3redz3hn said:
I love the burst on Washington, but he's got to lower those pads considerably if he wants to survive.

I'm sayin' the same thing. Reminds me of a young Eddie George. Too upright, too good of a target. BUT...I see some flashes of Dillion as well.

Thanks for the answer to the Coop question guys.

Someone is going to step up and make some noise. But will the transition from Sankey to______ be as seamless as was the transition from Polk to Sankey? We can only hope.

Good luck to the Bishop at the next level. Make us proud DAWG!

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Spounge84":gocjm107 said:
fenderbender123":gocjm107 said:

He has one more year, he's a fourth year junior now. Although I guess he could apply for a medical redshirt for one of the years he was injured, no guarantee he gets it though.
If he applies for a 6th year he'll get it. If he, of all people, doesn't there's no need for the rule in the first place.

drrew

Reaction score
HawkWow":1w8nbh75 said:
Someone is going to step up and make some noise. But will the transition from Sankey to______ be as seamless as was the transition from Polk to Sankey? We can only hope.

It's worth pointing out that Sark essentially blew this call. The transition was really Polk to Callier (who has some speed, but isn't half the back Sankey is). Callier blows out his knee game one last season, Sankey is essentially the only guy left, and the rest is history.