Random Thoughts™ on Huskies vs. Boise St.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I have a wife and 3 kids, 8, 3 and 1. No more going out late for me, except once in a great while. My big day out is usually a fishing trip or 18 holes.

Tical21

Reaction score
Oh, don't kid yourselves, it is Oregon's version. I don't see the Coryell vertical influenece at all. We had a ridiciulous amount of passes caught behind the LOS. Mickens had 9 catches, did he have any that weren't screens? I know I'm a grumpy guy, but I would rather win 8 games with the coach using his head to design beautiful plays than win 10 games doing nothing but screens and read-option, with the occasional fake-screen deep pass mixed in. I never thought I would ever say this about UW, but I'm not sure I'm going to watch the whole season. If I have something else to do, except for the Oregon game, I'll just skip the game. I hate that gimmick offense that much.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":1jt853ap said:
Oh, don't kid yourselves, it is Oregon's version. I don't see the Coryell vertical influenece at all. We had a ridiciulous amount of passes caught behind the LOS. Mickens had 9 catches, did he have any that weren't screens? I know I'm a grumpy guy, but I would rather win 8 games with the coach using his head to design beautiful plays than win 10 games doing nothing but screens and read-option, with the occasional fake-screen deep pass mixed in. I never thought I would ever say this about UW, but I'm not sure I'm going to watch the whole season. If I have something else to do, except for the Oregon game, I'll just skip the game. I hate that gimmick offense that much.

Just wait til they bust out their new Whoregon Husky helmets.

1060576 zps83d3d236

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":3awpr1ou said:

You mean Sark is copying Oregon's offense? Interesting.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2kzk71r5 said:
Tical21":2kzk71r5 said:

1060576 zps83d3d236

You mean Sark is copying Oregon's helmets?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1emzb9o4 said:
JSeahawks":1emzb9o4 said:
Tical21":1emzb9o4 said:

1060576 zps83d3d236

You mean Sark is copying Oregon's helmets?

Only if he tells the media that's what he's doing.

Chapow

Reaction score
No, at some point, some other team surely used shiny chrome helmets. Oregon was not the first, they copied someone else. So you see, UW isn't copying Oregon they're copying someone else.
Plus, has Oregon ever used that exact shade of goldish chrome? No? Then see, UW isn't copying Oregon. Sark came up with this all on his own but with a little outside influence from some other people that have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Oregon.
What's so hard to understand about that? Why are you baselessly calling Sark a liar?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Those helmets look like the Nd ones from a couple years back, but without the diamond jewling used on bolt actions.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":399rabk2 said:
I didn't get to watch or listen as I am out on the boat. Thanks for cranking this out.

Soapbox.... You rock!

I watched from good seats at the Stadium, that became sad seats.... I'm really tired of this being cranked out, because BSU sucked! Hope we get it together... All we did is basically change rankings with Washington and hurt our season in Boise... We have to win every game by a lot to save this season... :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkboi":1cf2qtv8 said:
Tech Worlds":1cf2qtv8 said:
I didn't get to watch or listen as I am out on the boat. Thanks for cranking this out.

Soapbox.... You rock!

I watched from good seats at the Stadium, that became sad seats.... I'm really tired of this being cranked out, because BSU sucked! Hope we get it together... All we did is basically change rankings with Washington and hurt our season in Boise... We have to win every game by a lot to save this season... :roll:

So saving your season you mean trying to get a BCS at large bid after getting your asses kicked by a unranked team? Boise seems to be living on a reputation if thats the case, they have been good but you can't expect to walk into a teams stadium and expect it to be a gift or a national upset every night. Psssst the word has been out to not take Boise State lightly and to bring it.

Renohawk

Reaction score
I think Ross is going to be a very exciting player for the Dawgs in his career. I read an article about him in HS and his returning ability is amazing and darn is he quick.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":14ozzjas said:
Hawkboi":14ozzjas said:
Tech Worlds":14ozzjas said:

Soapbox.... You rock!

So saving your season you mean trying to get a BCS at large bid after getting your asses kicked by a unranked team? Boise seems to be living on a reputation if thats the case, they have been good but you can't expect to walk into a teams stadium and expect it to be a gift or a national upset every night. Psssst the word has been out to not take Boise State lightly and to bring it.

Even with a relatively light schedule I still see 3 or 4 more losses for Boise. This years team just doesn't have any speed or any playmakers. They'll definitely lose at Fresno State. Utah State, Nevada and BYU could easily be losses as well.

Tical21

Reaction score
Boise had no business being ranked. Has it been since Ryan Leaf since we have seen a QB whine so much? Much worse than Mallett.

UW isn't really going to go through with the helmet thing are they? The Black/Black and the all white helmets were bad enough.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7y4u9skx said:
Even with a relatively light schedule I still see 3 or 4 more losses for Boise. This years team just doesn't have any speed or any playmakers. They'll definitely lose at Fresno State. Utah State, Nevada and BYU could easily be losses as well.

This year's team doesn't have a QB. Southwick made some progress last year by the end of the season, but this year he has reverted to god awful. 40 attempts for 150 yds? That's bad for a RB, let alone a QB. There was an article in the local paper yesterday about how Pete had to retool our offense because the "QB's" couldn't understand it. It's because Southwick sucks. We do still have an excellent RB in Ajayi and Balthazar is a true freshman who looked good in his few carries. I expect a whole lot more of the running game out of BSU the rest of the season. I don't know about ending up with 4 or 5 losses, but we'll see.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I was there.
10-3 at half.
They took the 2nd half kickoff inside the 5, had a couple of tries at it, got knocked back and settled for 3. 10-6.

And 4 consecutive touchdown drives later we had crushed their spirit.
Beautiful stadium.
A historic 38-6 victory to "christen the ship" so to speak!

Good friends and unforgettable memories for sure.

:th2thumbs:

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
more like Coach Wilcox of USC Kiffin is gone after this year way too much talent to fail like he is.. As a UW fan living with a OSU Alum and season ticket holder, Oregon state fans are not tired of Riley at all, they always seem to go after Mannion or Vaz, they are addicted to an inferior product.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BSU still came back close to Fresno State. We were listening to it in the mts hunting. Had the team gone for the standard 1pt pat 3 times, they would have won. Hawkboi understands I think that our core leadership is a bit lower after our recent successes. Also Kearly was spot on when I think he spoke of not having tape to run to prepare for UW. I think also that Sark saw last years team and did some beefing up on some things. I expected as much as what I saw last year was not as good as it could have been. WSU is getting there again too and I am a fan as my brother is alumni from around 30 years ago. His boy is also soon to be alumni graduating soon. As far as Boise State, I still think they have potential but need more work. A couple of changes and they will be back on top of the mid majors...maybe.