Zach Wilson Benched

Jegpeg

Reaction score
So a team with a superbowl worthy defence but an offence led by one of the worst QBs in the league have decided, to swallow humble pie and bench Wilson whom they hailed as their future franchise QB.

I wonder if the Broncos will follow suit.

QWERTY

Reaction score
If the Denver coach was smart he would bench the Wilson he has...
I understand that you're trolling, but he needs to spend his time getting repitore with the offense. He has to get use to his WR's. Apparently the short passes work, but once in a while a long throw doesn't work out with him.

Rat

Reaction score
The Jets should have kept Geno. Perhaps Wilson will shuffle around the league in backup roles for a decade before redeeming his reputation by looking like an MVP candidate in Seattle.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I understand that you're trolling, but he needs to spend his time getting repitore with the offense. He has to get use to his WR's. Apparently the short passes work, but once in a while a long throw doesn't work out with him.
I think the word you're looking for is "rapport".

And I thought that's what preseason was for.

OP
OP
J

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Russel Wilson has the highest guaranteed money and has the second highest annual pay of anyone who has played a snap in the NFL this year. If Tom Brady can win the SB in his first season at TB, Wilson should be able ot build up a rapport with his receivers just as quickly.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Yeah, the Broncos weapons this season aren't exactly Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Gronk, Fournette and co. I think people forget how stacked that TB roster was once Brady and Gronk signed on. Little dash of Antonio Brown as well.

Clearly Russ is underperforming at historic levels compared to the price tag, though. It's kind of amazing to watch seemingly all of the Seahawks' offensive headaches over the past decade migrate to Denver this year.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Must be why he played so much in pre season. :ROFLMAO: How often did Geno get to practice with the ones before this season?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yeah, the Broncos weapons this season aren't exactly Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Gronk, Fournette and co. I think people forget how stacked that TB roster was once Brady and Gronk signed on. Little dash of Antonio Brown as well.

Clearly Russ is underperforming at historic levels compared to the price tag, though. It's kind of amazing to watch seemingly all of the Seahawks' offensive headaches over the past decade migrate to Denver this year.
but we were told by russell and media that denver roster is more talented and that he had more "threats" in denver than he had here in seattle..

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
but we were told by russell and media that denver roster is more talented and that he had more "threats" in denver than he had here in seattle..
We’re told a lot of things, we don’t have to believe them.

From a skill position group I felt it was, AT BEST, a lateral move for Russ considering what Seattle has had (though at the time I wasn’t expecting CC to retire), let alone comparing the roster he was added to with the 2020 Bucs.

Last edited: