Zach Charbonnet... RB2 ?

bileever

Reaction score
As I said above, I'm looking forward to what Waldron has in his playbook. I'm sure we haven't seen it all yet, and with our RB/TE/WR groups, he has a lot to work with. Would be nice if we were the more creative team on the field going forward.
Waldron is from the McVay/Shanahan coaching tree. I'd like to see outside zone runs with Walker and Charbonnet. Stretch that field, and let them make their cuts. The question is, is our O-line athletic enough to make it work?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Don't sleep on on dude from Georgia either, he can ball out as well.
Exactly. Kenny McIntosh is no shrinking violet. And with our injury history at running back, most notably Penny and heading into the playoffs with a fourth string running back was brutal for many years it seems we’ve had no healthy running backs since Marshawn. This kind of quality depth will be needed. Remember the extra game it helps to split the load

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
John L played with Curt Warner and Chris Warren. Both Curt and Chris were 1000+ yard rushers with John L as their FB.
I have no recollection of John L and Warren playing together. There was nothing like John L’s thunder along with Warners lightning. There are generally two types of lightning. Heat and Bolt. Heat is what lights up the sky with no real idea of where it is. Bolt lightning is just that, bolts of light crackling downward. Warner was a little bit of both those types. “Tackling Curt Warner was like trying to sandpaper a bobcats ass in a phone booth.” Brian Millard(?) John L could bring a little lightening with the thunder too.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Bring back the "T" formation lol! We have the potential do do everything on offense well. Great backfield, great recievers, solid tight ends. a youthful line and hopefully our rookie center lives up to billing. A mature, confident QB that accurate with a pretty big arm. I'm stoked. But the components will need a few games to start to sinc. It's going to be a fun few years.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I have no recollection of John L and Warren playing together. There was nothing like John L’s thunder along with Warners lightning. There are generally two types of lightning. Heat and Bolt. Heat is what lights up the sky with no real idea of where it is. Bolt lightning is just that, bolts of light crackling downward. Warner was a little bit of both those types. “Tackling Curt Warner was like trying to sandpaper a bobcats ass in a phone booth.” Brian Millard(?) John L could bring a little lightening with the thunder too.
Maybe this will help your memory. Here are some Chris Warren highlights. Notice #32 (John L ) lead blocker for him.

John L highlights vs Steelers in 1991 (shows Chris Warren on some of the plays) -

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Waldron is from the McVay/Shanahan coaching tree. I'd like to see outside zone runs with Walker and Charbonnet. Stretch that field, and let them make their cuts. The question is, is our O-line athletic enough to make it work?
10 yard40 yard3 cones20 yards shuttlebroad jumpVertical
Cross1.734.957.884.619'4"26"
Lewis1.835.249'30"
Haynes1.795.27.764.959'31"
Lucas1.764.927.254.48'11"27"
Oli Olu1.865.389'2"29"
Bradford1.745.087.844.88'10"30
Pretty average to above average bunch?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Charbonnet. 7.3 yards per carry last game. He needs more touches.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm fine with how Pete and Waldron are using the RB's, but I would like to see more of Charbonnet down by the goal line.

Tough yards, and we see too much Walker dancing around when there's no hole........which is often. Let that be Charbonnet time, he's far more physical at the point of attack. He's a perfect goal line back.

I understand that might piss off Walker, but his inside the 10 production numbers are bad.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I'm fine with how Pete and Waldron are using the RB's, but I would like to see more of Charbonnet down by the goal line.

Tough yards, and we see too much Walker dancing around when there's no hole........which is often. Let that be Charbonnet time, he's far more physical at the point of attack. He's a perfect goal line back.

I understand that might piss off Walker, but his inside the 10 production numbers are bad.
Yeah, there’s been a couple times where we’re 1st and goal and the train just stops. Frustrating, to say the least. Idk, maybe we need to hand the ball off to a 300+lb DL when we get to the goal line, just like the Bears did with their Refrigerator…

renofox

Reaction score
Charbonnet. 7.3 yards per carry last game. He needs more touches.
Even better, 5.6ypc on the season without that number being inflated by explosives. Also receiving, 13/17 70y 5.4 yards with a long of 10.

ZC almost never loses yards and seems to almost always get at least 3-4. He was nails on the 4th down run against WAS. I don't think KW gets the 1st there.

Can anybody explain to me why PC/Waldron spend every 1st half running KW up the middle when that's not his area of strength? ZC is a beast up the middle.

Start with him and bring KW in after ZC has beat the **** out of the defense. It would help the team, and it would help both players. Fresh KW should be lighting it up with outside/stretch/zone plays once the defense is winded.

Also, use ZC in short yardage goal-to-go plays. KW was serviceable when the O-line was playing better, but ZC would be better at ensuring a TD no matter how the O-line is playing.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Even better, 5.6ypc on the season without that number being inflated by explosives. Also receiving, 13/17 70y 5.4 yards with a long of 10.

ZC almost never loses yards and seems to almost always get at least 3-4. He was nails on the 4th down run against WAS. I don't think KW gets the 1st there.

Can anybody explain to me why PC/Waldron spend every 1st half running KW up the middle when that's not his area of strength? ZC is a beast up the middle.

Start with him and bring KW in after ZC has beat the **** out of the defense. It would help the team, and it would help both players. Fresh KW should be lighting it up with outside/stretch/zone plays once the defense is winded.

Also, use ZC in short yardage goal-to-go plays. KW was serviceable when the O-line was playing better, but ZC would be better at ensuring a TD no matter how the O-line is playing.
Even if someone explains it I don't think I will understand it.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score

I don’t think anyone will ever be able to figure out Pete Carroll, half the time I think he’s senile, comes with age. I specifically remember Pete talking last year, how they had to “coach” KW3 to run up the middle, despite him already showing everyone who was actually watching that his strengths were; as you said, outside/stretch/zone. I get how Pete wants to groom and/or coach his players, he’s had some success with Wilson and Sherman. I’m having a hard time finding a running back he’s had success with that wasn’t already HOF worthy like Marshawn Lynch.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Who really cares which guy makes 1vs 2, none of us really (am i right)?

Keep all of them fresh, figure out who does what better and play them accordingly.

Should be a no brainer, but we are the Seahawks after all.
I suppose they will figure out a way to make it all very frustrating.

GoHawks.

I very very much agree on the ambiguity of a 1 vs 2. HOWEVER, I do feel, very strongly, that Charbonnet should be getting a lot more carries, to the tune of around 40%.

If I were king of the world, I'd run Charbonnet 60/40 in first half to wear down defenses, and then run Walker 60/40 in the second half, once holes start to open up.

BASF

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone will ever be able to figure out Pete Carroll, half the time I think he’s senile, comes with age. I specifically remember Pete talking last year, how they had to “coach” KW3 to run up the middle, despite him already showing everyone who was actually watching that his strengths were; as you said, outside/stretch/zone. I get how Pete wants to groom and/or coach his players, he’s had some success with Wilson and Sherman. I’m having a hard time finding a running back he’s had success with that wasn’t already HOF worthy like Marshawn Lynch.
Lynch was not very good in Buffalo. He made one pro bowl, which, if you look at the stats is questionable. He was thirteenth in yards that year, tied for eighteenth in rushing touchdowns and twenty-fifth in yards per carry. He was tied for ninth in receptions by a running back, but only had one touchdown receiving. Carroll got a lot more out of him than anyone else could have.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Lynch was not very good in Buffalo. He made one pro bowl, which, if you look at the stats is questionable. He was thirteenth in yards that year, tied for eighteenth in rushing touchdowns and twenty-fifth in yards per carry. He was tied for ninth in receptions by a running back, but only had one touchdown receiving. Carroll got a lot more out of him than anyone else could have.
Fair enough