Zach Charbonnet... RB2 ?

xray

Reaction score
Can Walker hold off Charbonnet for the RB1 spot this season? Charbonnet runs well between the tackles, and is a good ball catcher ; but untested in the NFL . Walker had a gr8 rookie season ; but seems to make his yards relying on his speed for bouncing to the outside runs . The Hawks didn't spend their 52nd overall pick on Charbonnet to ride the pine . They might be hoping that he will be a more versatile back than Walker . At any rate this should be a gr8 competition between those two . imo

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Charbonnet will be RB2 and hopefully a terrific one-two punch, the likes we haven't seen since John L. and Warren. The main thing is STAY HEALTHY!! We've really been snake-bitten over the years with our RB's health ever since Lynch.

I wonder if Charbonnet drinks Chardonnay? Good lord how many times has he heard that or some variation of that?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe they will use Walker and Charbonnet together in a dual backfield. Like Aros mentioned above - how they played John L and Warren in the 90s.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Charbonnet will be RB2 and hopefully a terrific one-two punch, the likes we haven't seen since John L. and Warren. The main thing is STAY HEALTHY!! We've really been snake-bitten over the years with our RB's health ever since Lynch.

I wonder if Charbonnet drinks Chardonnay? Good lord how many times has he heard that or some variation of that?

View attachment 59620
I think you mean John L and Warner. But yeah, that’s exactly how I see it. I don’t think it’s going to be a matter of who is #1 and who is #2 but rather 1a and 1b.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. Yep, John L and Warner.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

View attachment 59620
I got NO problem with running back by committee. None at all.

You nailed it: stay healthy.

This is a good problem to have! ;)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My crystal ball foresees K9, for the most part, being in the backfield during 1st and 2nd downs... with Zach getting the lion's share of 3rd down opportunities due to his blocking and pass-catching talents.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You are correct. Thank you for clarifying that I wasn't wrong! LOL
Hmm, so you were wrong for thinking you were wrong, when you were right all along?, by God I think there's a song there lol.

sutz

Reaction score
Welcome to the modern argument about what the term "starter" actually means any more. It seems quite common these days for them to announce starters at the opening ceremonies and then 1 or 2 of them aren't on the field for the first snap, so obviously that's not what it means. It does seem to refer to which players get the most snaps as the game progresses, but since game situations can affect that greatly, it seems that the term is more honorary than definitive any more.

In that vein, I could see situations where they decide that one of those two RBs is the better fit for the game plan against a given foe, and the other guy fills in. Same with the TEs and WRs in my mind. Any more, the list of "season starters" could be 12 or 13 players long. Maybe longer? :)

Add in the injury risk, and I could see both these RBs getting a ton of carries/snaps. Given that both of these RBs have starter potential skills, I actually could see both of them on the field on quite a few plays to enhance misdirection and trickery. They have different skills/styles, but it seems to me that either could start.

I think we still haven't seen the bulk of Waldron's playbook yet. I'm looking forward to seeing it. They've put together a pretty good set of skill postion guys, and the OL looks improved-to me, at least. :)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Who really cares which guy makes 1vs 2, none of us really (am i right)?

Keep all of them fresh, figure out who does what better and play them accordingly.

Should be a no brainer, but we are the Seahawks after all.
I suppose they will figure out a way to make it all very frustrating.

GoHawks.

Seahawker

Reaction score
With all of the offensive weapons at our disposal, achieving Optimal Performance will very much depend on three factors.

1) our defense getting us the ball back quickly and frequently for increased TOP.
2) Our new look IOL gels with the OT's & become roadgraders in the run game.
3) Innovative and smart play calling to keep defenses off balance.

The running & passing games are positioned to compliment each other perfectly. Moving forward this offense has the chance to be one of the best and most explosive that Seahawk fans have ever seen.

sutz

Reaction score
We certainly have to be in the conversation for the best RB stable in the league.

Hopefully they live up to the potential and our staff plays them well.
As I said above, I'm looking forward to what Waldron has in his playbook. I'm sure we haven't seen it all yet, and with our RB/TE/WR groups, he has a lot to work with. Would be nice if we were the more creative team on the field going forward.

GemCity

Reaction score
I see split carries with Kenny McIntosh doing some damage coming out of the backfield and catching.

I’m not sure Charbonnet is going to surpass K9. But, I also think it won’t matter as an equal amount of carries will prolong both of their careers and keep their legs fresh for a deep playoff run.

We have a problem and it’s one helluva great problem to have.

Last edited: