Youtube pays 2.5 bill a year for sunday ticket

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The ads on YouTube are bad enough...probably will get worse now 😆

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I presently use YouTube TV it’s good for the price when toggling between channels can be a little slow never had any resolution issues when watching live tv unlike Amazon

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It will really stink if YouTube doesn't provide the same ability to stream local broadcasts that DirecTV does. You'll be left paying for DirecTV for locals and YouTube for Sunday Ticket, if you can't receive OTA locals.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Price still expected to be in the $300-$400/year range.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
It will really stink if YouTube doesn't provide the same ability to stream local broadcasts that DirecTV does. You'll be left paying for DirecTV for locals and YouTube for Sunday Ticket, if you can't receive OTA locals.
With YouTube TV it’s like a cable tv provider or Directv where you get local channels and it’s cheaper $65 a month

kidhawk

Reaction score
Don't expect it to stay that way now that they have a $2.5B bill to pay.
YouTube TV has something like triple the subscriber base that DirectTV has, so they should have a larger pool of subscribers to appeal to for signing up for their NFL package. Realistically speaking, they shouldn't need to change prices for their current subscribers for their current content. Of course that doesn't mean they won't, but it shouldn't be necessitated by this deal. Also, one would have to assume that they would attract some NFL fans that previously streamed somewhere else, which should get them more subscribers for their standard service to go along with those who will subscribe to their NFL package.

One thing I'd be curious about, is if their No Limit recordings would still be a thing with the NFL package. If so, it would be feasible to record pretty much every NFL game every week then watch what games you want, when you want.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
YouTube TV has something like triple the subscriber base that DirectTV has, so they should have a larger pool of subscribers to appeal to for signing up for their NFL package. Realistically speaking, they shouldn't need to change prices for their current subscribers for their current content. Of course that doesn't mean they won't, but it shouldn't be necessitated by this deal. Also, one would have to assume that they would attract some NFL fans that previously streamed somewhere else, which should get them more subscribers for their standard service to go along with those who will subscribe to their NFL package.

One thing I'd be curious about, is if their No Limit recordings would still be a thing with the NFL package. If so, it would be feasible to record pretty much every NFL game every week then watch what games you want, when you want.
The cloud DVR service is known as “Library” and the shows delete themselves after 9 months. There is no limit to how many shows you can record

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
The cloud DVR service is known as “Library” and the shows delete themselves after 9 months. There is no limit to how many shows you can record

Yes, I understand that. I just wonder if they will expand that to allow for unlimited recordings of the NFL package or if those will be live only. I'd hope it would be expanded to work with the NFL package, but only time will tell

RedAlice

Reaction score
I am simply: happy.

forever I have been DENIED access to purchase the Sunday Ticket. Simply because I don't have a satellite thingy.

**** DTV.

I am so happy it is now streaming and all NFL fans will have the choice to purchase Sunday Ticket if they want to.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I am assuming it will be expanded like all the other add on packages you can record. I would be surprised if it is not

Here is my understanding:

YouTube TV has a subscription package for their stuff. it is $64 a month

To add on the sports package before this deal, with a bunch sports and Redzone it is: $80 a year, then $10.99 a month after.

Now.

It should go like this:

YouTube TV subscription gets you only YouTube TV.

IF you are a YTTV subscriber, you can pay $300 or so a year to add on the Sunday Ticket.

or, you can pay whatever they decide to add it as a premium channel if you do not want to subscribe.

RedAlice

Reaction score
looks like YTTV has unlimited DVR recordings.

That means, if you do subscribe you can record every game.

This is so much better than the horrible DTV. I am so happy right now.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
This is good. With Direct TV, there was still always problems with not getting games. I foresee fewer issues with YouTube.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm seeing reports that it is closer to 2 billion per year. Let's say that is correct, and they leave the price at $300 plus a base subscription of $64 per month. Further let's assume that no one discontinued their subscription during the off season.

That means they need 1.873 million subscribers to break even.

If it's 2.5 billion annually, they woukd need 2.341 million subscribers to break even.

I don't really have a point, just interesting. Ad revenue will bring that number down substantially.

Msfann

Reaction score
I had youtube tv years ago, they didn't carry root sports so no Mariners and now no Kraken and commercial tv is trash and I didn't watch any of it. Then they raised their rates.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've paid for Sunday Ticket the past two years, but I'm done, and it has nothing to do with YouTube TV getting the rights. I've been unable to watch every Seahawks game every season since leaving Seattle (two years in Phoenix, and now almost three in Florida between Miami and Kissimmee) with both Sunday Ticket AND a legitimate TV service - be it YouTube TV, or actual cable, etc.

The blackout rules are terrible. I was blacked out from watching ****ing Rams @ Seahawks while living in MIAMI on both platforms. Until the NFL lets me not get occasionally screwed by their archaic crusty-ass-old-men-can't-fathom-modern-technology methodology for negotiating TV rights, I am going back to pirating games.

I'm sick and tired of it. I can't even buy my way through legitimate services to being guaranteed to watch every Seahawks game and I'm not giving these clowns a dime more than necessary going forward.

Should the day ever come when I can pay for one service to rule them all that gets me EVERY SEAHAWKS GAME on the opposite side of the country with no idiotic "stuck in the past" blackout rules, I'll resume paying. Until then, back to watching pirated streams. **** you, NFL. We're almost in 2023, you should have been selling individual team game full streaming packages 10 damn years ago already.