Youtube pays 2.5 bill a year for sunday ticket

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I've paid for Sunday Ticket the past two years, but I'm done, and it has nothing to do with YouTube TV getting the rights. I've been unable to watch every Seahawks game every season since leaving Seattle (two years in Phoenix, and now almost three in Florida between Miami and Kissimmee) with both Sunday Ticket AND a legitimate TV service - be it YouTube TV, or actual cable, etc.

The blackout rules are terrible. I was blacked out from watching ****ing Rams @ Seahawks while living in MIAMI on both platforms. Until the NFL lets me not get occasionally screwed by their archaic crusty-ass-old-men-can't-fathom-modern-technology methodology for negotiating TV rights, I am going back to pirating games.

I'm sick and tired of it. I can't even buy my way through legitimate services to being guaranteed to watch every Seahawks game and I'm not giving these clowns a dime more than necessary going forward.

Should the day ever come when I can pay for one service to rule them all that gets me EVERY SEAHAWKS GAME on the opposite side of the country with no idiotic "stuck in the past" blackout rules, I'll resume paying. Until then, back to watching pirated streams. **** you, NFL. We're almost in 2023, you should have been selling individual team game full streaming packages 10 damn years ago already.

This. Same issue in the middle of the country. The NFL doesn't actually care if the fans can watch the games, just cares how they can maximize broadcast rights payments.

GemCity

Reaction score
I used to VPN and watch via NFL Gamepass…decent option but it currently only saves about $100.

I just signed up for YouTube TV and grabbed the Sunday Ticket for the first time since 2012 (Direct TV).

YouTube has some really good stuff going on with the Sunday Ticket. Watching 4 games at once, recording the game, rewinding live games, notifications for your team(s), etc…

You can catch any out of market game…for me, local channels via YouTube will cover the Bengals (as if I watch).

I’ve always went the “hack” route but I’m digging what they’re providing.

chrispy

Reaction score
I used to VPN and watch via NFL Gamepass…decent option but it currently only saves about $100.

I just signed up for YouTube TV and grabbed the Sunday Ticket for the first time since 2012 (Direct TV).

YouTube has some really good stuff going on with the Sunday Ticket. Watching 4 games at once, recording the game, rewinding live games, notifications for your team(s), etc…

You can catch any out of market game…for me, local channels via YouTube will cover the Bengals (as if I watch).

I’ve always went the “hack” route but I’m digging what they’re providing.
What's your cost for YouTube with Sunday Ticket?

GemCity

Reaction score
What's your cost for YouTube with Sunday Ticket?
$70ish for YouTube TV and I did the 4 installments of $74 for the Sunday Ticket.

The stuff I’ve done in the past to get games ran me about $225 a season.

As my family was starting to “miss” live TV, I like what YT offered.