With the SF game on the horizon, and Harbaugh still talking

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
HawkMeat":2vwvqgzn said:
60niners":2vwvqgzn said:
tomahawk":2vwvqgzn said:
He is such a strange guy. Most coaches wouldn't get caught up in the back and forth between teams but he can't seem to help himself. He has made SF that much easier to dislike.
I have a stance on this (duh). My belief on this is that Harbaugh would like to stay away from the topic all together, but as Monday press conferences go, they discuss the previous game. With such a controversal series of events, it was unavoidable.

I don't think he wants to stay away from the topic, he encourages it by talking about it. Just like he does before the weeks game by calling out the opposing team's defensive backs and the tight coverage. Fights happen in the NFL all the time. How many coaches go into a press and make a point to :stirthepot: ?

It is his personality, not the press. The press can ask all they want and a coach can avoid the topic by stating anything else. Meet Belicheck.
Agree.

I think there is a definite method to his madness. Many think (some just wish) this will come back on him/the team negatively... I guess only time will tell.

I think he got under Clays skin before the game. His QB took a shot for it but his team ended up winning regardless. Its very entertaining in a world full of dry personalities if nothing else.

Ruminator

Reaction score
What's interesting is how much calmer and cordial his brother John appears in comparison. The behavioral contrast is such that John almost resembles Pete Carroll more than he does his own brother Jim. I'm guessing something affected Jim during his growing-up years that didn't affect John, at least not as much. His over-the-top tantrums certainly isn't the byproduct of personality alone.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There is nothing method about it. The guy is a Five Alarm Douche Recycling Unit. He is the product from years of Verbal abuse at the rage of Mike Ditka, was scrappy, but went into a tirade about everything as a player. All the expressions on his face? Those are the same ones from his playing days.

John_Redcorn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":63lb5j62 said:
There is nothing method about it. The guy is a Five Alarm Douche Recycling Unit. He is the product from years of Verbal abuse at the rage of Mike Ditka, was scrappy, but went into a tirade about everything as a player. All the expressions on his face? Those are the same ones from his playing days.
I dont think that means hes not aware of how he looks or that hes not trying to gain some edge somehow. Yea, Harbs is wound tight as hell, but still very smart.

mretrade

Reaction score
24-8, yes, that is Jim Harbaugh's record as head coach.

You guys are making a lot out of a little.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
John_Redcorn":2n0qb00t said:
loafoftatupu":2n0qb00t said:
I dont think that means hes not aware of how he looks or that hes not trying to gain some edge somehow. Yea, Harbs is wound tight as hell, but still very smart.

Oh, I'm not saying he isn't smart, nor am I denying that he is a good coach. What I am saying is that long term hypertension can be the precursor to a health event.

Mix in the emotional trauma caused by Ditka? HarbaNuke is a time bomb.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mretrade":37yf0tcj said:

No one said he's a bad coach

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
mretrade":aqxmvjpz said:

We are having fun with it, but I enjoy knowing that his worst loss took place at the hands of the team he meets this Sunday, in the very same place.

mretrade

Reaction score
His worst loss was the superbowl. The Seahawks game ended up being very meaningless in the context of the season. It did not affect seedings. The superbowl loss will always be a blemish on his record.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I know nobody is gonna care...but what the hell...

You guys see what he's doing, right? You understand why he talks about this stuff.

Harbaugh uses the media. They fall for it every single time. When you are a really good team, you need an antagonist to keep the team up. Harbaugh makes it the media. He makes an issue out of stuff to draw attention to HIM, and not to his team. Last week he made a big deal about QB protections and where the protection began and ended in read option plays...and then they ran it like 3 times all game. Its misdirection.

If people are talking about how big a douche he is, they aren't talkig about a player on his team. He can't paint the picture of the media "being against them". Its really basic stuff. Walsh did the same thing.

Now, he's certainly more abrasive about how he does it, but its all intentional and he really doesn't care what the media thinks. He'll do anything to get "one mile an hour faster". If he thinks making a big deal out of Clay Matthews cheap shots will help his team in any concievable way, he'll do it.

Feel free to hate him (clearly you don't need my permisson), but it seems to me what he's doing is working...especially given some of the comments in this forum.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1qw1a6ci said:
Harbaugh seems to have the maturity of an 11 year old boy.

And thats pushing it.

Yep, is pushing it. I have a 10 year old son and Henry is definitely more mature than Jim Harbaugh.

From my youth coaching experience, and my family, I'd put Jim at about age 6, at the end of a school day, having not had enough to eat and needing a nap besides...

Laloosh

Reaction score
muxpux":pv8j1gnw said:
that does not even LOOK healthy. dude needs to be on meds.

Original

Seriously, cannot be good for his hemorrhoids...

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1jv9f3yt said:

:D

OK. Buy into that. No worries.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
mretrade":3mgr2su3 said:
His worst loss was the superbowl. The Seahawks game ended up being very meaningless in the context of the season. It did not affect seedings. The superbowl loss will always be a blemish on his record.

Emotionally? Absolutely. I was referring to the Scoreboard beating. It was his largest margin of failure. Not that it actually meant anything. Losing a Super Bowl has to be the worst for a coach who hasn't won one yet.

Of course, the Merry Massacre was his 49th Birthday, as coach of the 49'ers and if the Hawks just squeaked out one more drive, it would have been a very memorable 49th point.

HawkWow

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3dtl9exv said:

You are 100% correct. I have no idea why some people seem to think he's some method actor, or something. My earlier post was apparently ignored as some posters continue to believe his antics are all part of some well conceived plan(!). I can only assume these are younger posters that have not watched this social misfit conduct himself like a complete a-hole over the past 30 years. I have, and it sounds like you have too. He was better when at UM, but Ditka's non-stop, public abuse turned him into the maniacal cretin we see today.

I know most of you still have our last victory over SF recorded. Dial it up and watch his post-game interview (if you have it). Then tell me there's nothing clinically wrong with this societal reject. Oh...someone said he broke his hand on Jim Kelly. I was not aware of this and I am pleasantly surprised. I never thought he had it in him.

Jase

Reaction score
Marvin49":1o2l8nzo said:
I know nobody is gonna care...but what the hell...

You guys see what he's doing, right? You understand why he talks about this stuff.

Harbaugh uses the media. They fall for it every single time. When you are a really good team, you need an antagonist to keep the team up. Harbaugh makes it the media. He makes an issue out of stuff to draw attention to HIM, and not to his team. Last week he made a big deal about QB protections and where the protection began and ended in read option plays...and then they ran it like 3 times all game. Its misdirection.

If people are talking about how big a douche he is, they aren't talkig about a player on his team. He can't paint the picture of the media "being against them". Its really basic stuff. Walsh did the same thing.

Now, he's certainly more abrasive about how he does it, but its all intentional and he really doesn't care what the media thinks. He'll do anything to get "one mile an hour faster". If he thinks making a big deal out of Clay Matthews cheap shots will help his team in any concievable way, he'll do it.

Feel free to hate him (clearly you don't need my permisson), but it seems to me what he's doing is working...especially given some of the comments in this forum.

This is just a bunch of gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey, from jive turkey gobblers.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I laughed at the comment by poster "Skip Bayless I come at my QB with my d***..." And it went on from there :lol:

Punter

Reaction score
Hawkpower":jodw9re2 said:
Any whiner fans gonna jump in here and defend this clown?

I didnt think so.

And thats pushing it.

Still a better coach than cheerleader Carroll

HawkWow

Reaction score
Punter":1zzgy4kd said:
Hawkpower":1zzgy4kd said:
Any whiner fans gonna jump in here and defend this clown?

I didnt think so.

And thats pushing it.

Still a better coach than cheerleader Carroll

You're expecting to get bashed by us Hawk faithful...right? I won't bash you. In fact, it's hard to argue your point. At this time. But I believe time will also prove you to be (ultimately) wrong. Pete doesn't manipulate his players and he's not known as a whiney POS. The same can't be said for your hero. With that in mind...who would you want to play for? Who would you play harder for? Harbaugh needs to win now, before the implosion and exodus begins. Thus his obvious desperation.

Latest posts