Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I can't think of any other team I enjoy pillaging more than the Vikings! Poison Pill and EJ Henderson payback!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":am9nn7s4 said:
This begs the question......do we now draft someone to be an understudy to Winfield or go with Thurm.?

Every player we draft besides potentially a OLB, DT or maybe a kicker will probably be an understudy to someone on this roster. BPA -- if a high value CB is available, I'm sure PC/JS would scoop him up. Same with any other position at this point though.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Love Washington but Harving improves not just the return game but the entire offense.

Bennett replacing Jones is huge not only becuase of improved play (which it is even when Jones is healthy) but the health issue made Jones an overall average player.

Again, Love Tru for everything he has done and been for this team but there is no comparison of what Winfield does for us. Enourmous upgrade.

In my head all I can hear is Sam Kinison right now. AHHHH AHHHH AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I almost feel sorry for Vikings fans. LMFAO, yeah right!!!

Hears a funner comparison.

Harvin vs Boldin? Uhm wait, WHAT?

Avril AND Bennet (playing in their natural position) vs Dorsey playing NT? WTF? This is not fair at all.

Winfield VS Nnamdi? HAHAHAHA lmao again.

This almost feels unfair...

Gotta love screwing the Vikings and Niners in one move.

Que the Snoopy dance.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
titan3131":hu0lzjuj said:
I told all yall in the original thread they would sign him on 4-12-13

Prophecy fulfilled.

Actually.... You said,

titan3131":hu0lzjuj said:
1 million dollars on the hawks signing him on Friday 3/12/2013

So you sir, owe me a million dollars :thirishdrinkers:

In all seriousness though, I know what you meant, and thanks for using your powers of telepathic persuasion to help get this done and solidify an already dominant secondary :th2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm happy he's a Seahawk. And still predicting that if not at the start of the season, then by the end of the season, he is sitting behind Thurmond 3.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anyone else worth a damn on the Vikings we might want before the fans decend on the front office with blood on their minds.

They took Hutch in the poisen pill contract, we have taken just about every player worth a damn from them since.

As far a dream team, our guys are not house hold names, we have a great core and have added some pieces, this is the strech run guys and were going for it. I would not be surprised to see trade backs and stocking picks now in future years in fact you can get higher future picks many times for a lower pick with teams being desperate.. Where will you upgrade with high choices that isn't already manned with a young and expereinced player now?

If there is a exodus of players it will begin in two years I would think, and right now this is the go to place for free agents as well as the fact our own players love it here.

Other then the question about Weak side Linebacker now what is left thats really a concern, the O Line got better by the end of the season and were healthy at least for now again so it's not a worry in my mind. O lines can take like 3 or 4 seasons to gell and then dominate for 10 years. We just added the last pieces last season so it's not unexpected where they are at right now. They already showed marked improvement which should continue and progress faster as well.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
chris98251":3lxm0wre said:
Anyone else worth a damn on the Vikings we might want before the fans decend on the front office with blood on their minds.

They took Hutch in the poisen pill contract, we have taken just about every player worth a damn from them since.

As far a dream team, our guys are not house hold names, we have a great core and have added some pieces now, this is the strech run guys and were going for it. I would not be surprised to see trade backs and stocking picks now in future years now. Where will you upgrade with high choices that isn't already manned with a young and expereinced player now?

If there is a exodus of players it will begin in two years I would think, and right now this is the go to place for free agents as well as the fact our own players love it here.

Other then the question about Weak side Linebacker now what is left thats really a concern, the O Line got better by the end of the season and were healthy at least for now again so it's not a worry in my mind. O lines can take like 3 or 4 seasons to gell and then dominate for 10 years. We just added the last pieces last season so it's not unexpected where they are at right now. They already showed marked improvement which should continue and progress faster as well.

We need a kicker. Let's get Blair Walsh.

chris98251

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2hxwuph1 said:
chris98251":2hxwuph1 said:

As far a dream team, our guys are not house hold names, we have a great core and have added some pieces now, this is the strech run guys and were going for it. I would not be surprised to see trade backs and stocking picks now in future years now. Where will you upgrade with high choices that isn't already manned with a young and expereinced player now?

We need a kicker. Let's get Blair Walsh.

Resign our own, he's proven, he's relaiable, I don't really care about 58 yd field goals and if a guy can kick them once in a while, great legs don't mean great accuracy. If he's missing 2 of 10 or worse from 45 yds then whats the point of a great leg, your losing points on accuracy. You don't want a QB that can throw the ball 75 yds but only complete 50 percent of his passes anymore then a kicker thats hitting 80 percent of his kicks from the 45 on in.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Largent80":ckjuogkf said:
So much for honey badger.

Great now we can get Honey Boo-Boo.
Honey-Boo-Boo-.jpg

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how they use him. He was a excellent on corner blitz , most of the time we use a safety.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I was throwing out another Viking "worth a damn". FYI, Walsh made a higher percentage of kicks than Hauschka and has way more leg.

Too bad he is not available.

chris98251

Reaction score
Happypuppy":88c18qcq said:
It will be interesting to see how they use him. He was a excellent on corner blitz , most of the time we use a safety.

That was last year with a different DC, Quinn from what I have read likes to come from everywhere and often. We have speed and aggression at every position on the defense now, we have versatility and can drop or rotate guys all over. We will disquise and set up stuff like we have not seen in a long time.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
"@JosinaAnderson: A source w/ knowledge of the negotiations told me Antoine Winfield agreed in principal to a "1-year, $3 million dollar deal" w/ t/ #Seahawks"

-Twitter

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
3 million? A little surprising. Probably going to see a couple surprise cuts for $$ after the draft (MRob/McQ?).

The Outfield

Reaction score
$3m doesn't really surprise me. $2m would have been nice, but I think $3m is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts