Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonRud

Reaction score
Digsbone":21xzmb1q said:
Nothing but smiles what a great way to start my weekend i'm jacked about this pick-up.

Everyone pour a drink to celebrate this great news!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":f62o84rl said:
Oh my gosh! It will almost be unfair when other teams play the Seahawks. Roger Goodell is liable to push for a new rule change that spots opponents of the Hawks an automatic 7 points. 100 Tackles ... 12 Passes Defensed ... 8 Tackles for Loss ... and one of the very best slot CB's in the NFL last year. I agree with others in saying that this just might be the move that put the Hawks over the top.
Don't give Rog any dumb ideas, he comes up with enough of them on his own.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Wow...I can't think of a backfield this stacked.....and I am an old goat, too!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
seahwkfvr":1fzt3gpi said:
From the NFL.com article "The organization is certainly keeping up in the arms race with its rival San Francisco 49ers." It's a Cold War NFC West style!

This whole "arms race" thing is so laughable to me. It's driven by the media obviously, but they make it out as if each move is equal to each other. In reality the Seahawks are well ahead in what they've acquired over the 49ers when you factor in age, productivity and what each team lost.

Percy Harvin (24) > Anquan Bolden (32)- Harvin's younger and more dynamic. Bolden in on the downswing in his career.
Michael Bennett (27) > Glenn Dorsey (27)- Dorsey's never lived up to his top 5 pick status, coming off just 7 tackles last year- indicating injury or non-production. Bennett is coming off his best year.
Cliff Avril (27)> ?????
Winfield (36) > Nnamdi (31)- Nnamdi is coming off 2 regrettable years in Philly. Winfield is beyond productive in the slot even at his age.

IN addition Seattle lost - Alan Branch (DT- starter), Pass rusher DT/DE Jason Jones (Ended year on IR),
IN addition 49ers lost- Dashon Goldson (SS- starter), Delanie Walker- Hback/TE, Issac Sopoago (DT), Ricky Jean Francois (DT). 4 Significant losses. IMO. 2 starters (Sopoago and Goldson) and 2 significant contributors.

muxpux

Reaction score
drdiags":13io2bru said:
Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.

im with ya. i remember the offseason after XL and everyone was excited that our defense was bringing back all of our starters. i must say though, this has a COMPLETELY different feeling to it.

mr. Winfield, welcome to Seattle where the players play.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Donk70":1ro63xcs said:
Im excited as much as the next fan, but remember when the Eagles loaded up for a SB run a few years back.

Takes more than talent to win games.

That is my only major fear, we saw what a great FA they had and boy it didn't help them. Hopefully it doesn't happen to us.

The Radish

Reaction score
Thank you for the post telling me I now had locked a string and pointed to another string that was locked.

hahahahahahahaha

Good one on me and thanks for the help

:th2thumbs:

JonRud

Reaction score
Blitzer88":jg83j846 said:
Donk70":jg83j846 said:
Im excited as much as the next fan, but remember when the Eagles loaded up for a SB run a few years back.

That is my only major fear, we saw what a great FA they had and boy it didn't help them. Hopefully it doesn't happen to us.

Not worried. Our QB is Russell Wilson not Michael Vick.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Donk70":cmng758m said:

With all due respect to the EAGLES. THeir' "DREAM TEAM" haul is far below what Seattle has acheived this year IMO

The Dream team in Philly consisted off:
Vince Young (Backup QB), Dominique Rogers Cromartie (CB), Nnamdi Asomugha (CB), Jason Babin (DE)- 2 great years and bouncing around between 7 stops (6 different teams)-- He only had 2 season out of 11 with 6+ sacks. Not exactly a world beater.

Vince Young and Brady Quinn are a wash- Both aren't very good- both had nearly identical passer ratings in their last extensive action (Quinn in 2012, Young in 2011). Though I'd give Quinn the edge in locker-room presense and work ethic.

Babin vs. Avril- Again, Babin has been barely a factor in his 11 year career aside from 2 HUGE years in 2010,2011. He certainly earned his money that year with 18 sacks. Avril on the other hand has improved each and every year with 3 straight 8.5+ sack years.

Dominque Rodgers Cromartie vs. Antoine Winfield-- In 2011 he played sparingly and was a non-factor in 2012 He played better but in those 2 years he didn't compare to what Winfield accomplished last year. Winfield is much more consistent and a better player.

The point is I think the haul the Seahawks have acheived this year is much more talented than the "dream team" that was brought together in Philly, I also beleive this coaching staff will do a better job of matching scheme with the talents assembled. IIRC most of the pundits were curious as to why the Eagles were playing off coverage and zone when DRC and Nnamdi are more press man players. PC will utilyze these guys to the best of their abilities.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3fh310aa said:
loafoftatupu":3fh310aa said:
drdiags":3fh310aa said:
- Harvin for Washington.
- Bennett for Jones
- McDaniel for Branch
- Avril temporarily for Clemons.
- Winfield for Trufant
- Quinn for Flynn.

How much the talent improvement will overcome the loss of some impact locker room leadership will answer the question whether this is Dream Team 2.0?

Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.

no DreamTeam references PLEASE :)

Yessir!! ( pssss.. Anybody think our team could take on the AFC All-Star team?)

By the way Loafoftatupu your avatar needs to put his pants back over his face. ;)

LMAO!!!

titan3131

Reaction score
I told all yall in the original thread they would sign him on 4-12-13

Prophecy fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.