Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Now all we need is the Sonics back and Couples to win the Masters and this would be a pretty freaking great week.

*frantically knocking on wood*

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Holy s*it I love our front office.

The draft will be fun too.. BPA every pick?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1pnyn95m said:
3 million? A little surprising. Probably going to see a couple surprise cuts for $$ after the draft (MRob/McQ?).

Why? $3 million was the number that was going around for Winfield. It's still less than the $3.25 million they saved this year by trading Flynn, and they still have cap space to spare.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
Largent80":3ooa4ger said:
So much for honey badger.

I don't see why one has anything to do with the other. If you make the argument that Mathieu is just like Winfield, so why would we need him, you're only supporting the case to draft him. Winfield is a great acquisition, but you have to admit his shelf life is limited.
Just sayin'

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
That, and Mathieu just admitted smoking such a copious amount of marijuana that he lost count of the failed piss-tests.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I continue to be amazed by Pete and John.

They just flat out get it done.

To celebrate, think that I'll queue up the 42-13 thrashing that we put on the Whiners on my DVR and watch for like the 8th time. :th2thumbs: ......... :pukeface: :49ersmall: ...... I hate the Whiners fans.

I still have the Dallas game, the Green Bay game, the Bears game, the Whiners game and the Atlanta playoff game on My DVR recordings.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1aoqidt4 said:
Coug_Hawk08":1aoqidt4 said:
3 million? A little surprising. Probably going to see a couple surprise cuts for $$ after the draft (MRob/McQ?).

Why? $3 million was the number that was going around for Winfield It's still less than the $3.25 million they saved this year by trading Flynn, and they still have cap space to spare.

Considering what other vet CBs got just days prior, it's a little surprising. He did very well to get 3mm.

Rolling cap will be important for us, JS has said as much. This moves puts us at around 4-5mm cap space pre draft. I definitely thought we were going to save most of the Flynn money and move it forward.

godawg

Reaction score
JS has a chip on his shoulder because he was overlooked as Exec of the year. He is taking it out on the rest of the league.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Super stoked, this is such a great fit and gives us even more flexability in the draft. Expectations are going way up. If we were already #1 on ESPN's power poll I wonder how much better this makes us?

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Seaswab":lkv1bcib said:
About the same age as your TE that you re-signed.
Gonzalez has played full seasons consecutively for six years. Winfield hasn't played a full season for 2 years.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
For the record I think this is a good move. Low risk, high reward.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":12igjxsa said:
What's all the fuss about a guy who's turning 36 in June?

Slot corner was a huge need for us last year and Winfield was one of the best at that spot over the last few seasons.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":1npu204f said:
Nice discussion from the Vikes' forum on this matter. http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=25718
Redskins fans aren't too happy about it either. (I love the fact that they hate us so badly.)

"is he even going to start? Or is he a backup for the possible Aderall kid? I think he looked at who he thought have him the best chance to win a Super Bowl and he thinks they do. Their secondary is really good...but they still have a little QB (who I do like) behind a crappy o line. now that he is a Seahawk I have to hate him...."

"So let me get this right he waited all this time for a one year deal. This is either a joke or he's a moron."

"As Seahawk fans clasp hands and dance around the maypole....they are also claiming their secondary is the best in NFL history.....HISTORY. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't be....but I hate the arrogance in Hagland."

"They absolutely do not have a "MUCH" better roster than the Skins."

"I would like to add to that, they're also completely ignorant when it comes to football, or even their own team. Of course, not all of them, but I'd say a large majority. Heck Seahawks "fans" didn't even realize their town had a football team until Mike Holmgren got there. They thought the Seahawks were Washington DCs team. Actually, I've now met 2 friends who lived in Washington state for a number of years, and both really did think the Skins were in their state. Sadly, I've found this to be the norm for Seahawk fans, especially if you ever get to listen to their radio show and the people that call in."

"Have the Seahags, in their brief, boring history, ever been the hunted? Get ready cause Pappa's got a brand new bag...totally different as they shall soon see. I'm going to enjoy the NFC West this year. Don't sleep on the Rams either. It's going to be brutal. Remember when the NFC East used to beat the living crap out of each other to their own detriment? Well, what comes around goes around. Winfield is a bit player there-big whoop. Let's see if they have ZERO injuries this year. Take a look....they had almost no injuries....and they will be the hunted by everybody this year. To dam bad they don't have the replacement Ref's to bail them out of at least one game. They suck. Between their fans, the replacement ref thing, the fact that their player got off a suspension by "accidentally" cracking the cup (with a "hot" test-Sherm knew-good coaching), and Pete Carroll....they are nearly far and away my most despised team. Antoine, the sell out, just plays right into it-more reason to despise them. You are required to dislike your division, but the Seahags have found a special level of hate, for a variety of reasons, to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.