Wilson unable to hear Bevell? (Speculation)

Basis4day

Reaction score
mistaowen":68s0tqj3 said:
Smellyman":68s0tqj3 said:
RolandDeschain":68s0tqj3 said:
Smellyman":68s0tqj3 said:
Goes with the territory with this O, keep it close, run a lot, bad OC, win it in the 4th RW.
The problem with this is that one miscue by the defense in the first half (allowing a long TD pass, or a long rushing TD, etc.) screws the entire plan. I wish we'd attack on offense like the Patriots do. That along with the elite defense and we'd probably be damn near unstoppable.

Completely agree. It would be fun to win handily once in a while.

When was the last time the defense didn't play great but the offense dominated? I'm sure there's more recent but I remember the Buffalo game in Toronto when the offense was on an incredible tear. Russell was unstoppable and Stevie Johnson made Richard Sherman look human.

Against the Steelers in 2015 was the only true shootout i remember recently.

That Toronto game was Wilson's rookie season and Sherman's 2nd.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
mistaowen":1zxfwg4e said:
Smellyman":1zxfwg4e said:
RolandDeschain":1zxfwg4e said:
Smellyman":1zxfwg4e said:
Goes with the territory with this O, keep it close, run a lot, bad OC, win it in the 4th RW.
The problem with this is that one miscue by the defense in the first half (allowing a long TD pass, or a long rushing TD, etc.) screws the entire plan. I wish we'd attack on offense like the Patriots do. That along with the elite defense and we'd probably be damn near unstoppable.

Completely agree. It would be fun to win handily once in a while.

When was the last time the defense didn't play great but the offense dominated? I'm sure there's more recent but I remember the Buffalo game in Toronto when the offense was on an incredible tear. Russell was unstoppable and Stevie Johnson made Richard Sherman look human.

226d5fc6ba7d620bf53e8059c40a33c5f7c310564e36d86f6e

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":2l6voxg0 said:
After 5 years, why does Wilson need to be told?
Good question,I have been asking the same thing.
The offense is so basic and with the $$$ he is getting you would think he can call an audible or reject a stupid call from DB.He will not be an elite QB until he learns how.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
I agree. I would like to see Wilson imposing his will like a boss rather than waiting for permission or until there is no other choice. With the state of the O line right now, Wilson's legs and the read option are the answer to loosen things up so all the rest off the O works