Wilson unable to hear Bevell? (Speculation)

mistaowen

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3w3eq4de said:
Siouxhawk":3w3eq4de said:
Never happened as you say it.
Helmet speaker misfunctions happen all the time and they either fix it or sub in a new helmet.
20100520-MadMen.jpg

Offensive gameplan worked perfectly Sunday! Bevell knew he only had to have one late TD drive. Told Russell to just run it every play so they didn't lose at home. Perfect strategy, defense struggled but Bevell's idea pulled out a win. Pete loved the gameplan too, he told Sioux and Bevell before the game to switch helmets and blame it on speaker 'misfunctions'.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Been around these parts much? We've been pulling out second-half wins like that for years. Wear the other team's front out and assert dominance late.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":zuht07xt said:
Been around these parts much? We've been pulling out second-half wins like that for years. Wear the other team's front out and assert dominance late.

There was zero asserting dominance. Game was 9-6 against an awful 49ers team late.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":37ou6bnl said:
Siouxhawk":37ou6bnl said:

There was zero asserting dominance. Game was 9-6 against an awful 49ers team late.
There was when you consider our average run gain went from something like 2 in the first half to 5 in the second half, courtesy of Carson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3pgtabp0 said:
I love me some Russell Wilson, and don't believe that Bevell is the culprit to all the bad Offensive play-calls, but having said that, I do believe bevell is smart enough to let go of the leash and let the dogs run.
I agree that he probably wasn't faking the communication problems with his helmet, BUT, after FIVE years, Wilson had damn well better have a little free reign....I BELIEVE he's smart enough to wing it if things are going to hell.
I really don't think that Russell Wilson needs a control freak OC to be successful.
I think some of Doug Baldwin's frustrations ARE on Darryll Bevell's play-calls....That would only be a natural reaction for someone so competitive.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":22uvnx13 said:
I do believe bevell is smart enough to let go of the leash and let the dogs run.
Ah, the beauty of belief...it requires no facts, or even supporting evidence.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2glqap80 said:
Siouxhawk":2glqap80 said:
I love me some Russell Wilson, and don't believe that Bevell is the culprit to all the bad Offensive play-calls, but having said that, I do believe bevell is smart enough to let go of the leash and let the dogs run.
I agree that he probably wasn't faking the communication problems with his helmet, BUT, after FIVE years, Wilson had damn well better have a little free reign....I BELIEVE he's smart enough to wing it if things are going to hell.
I really don't think that Russell Wilson needs a control freak OC to be successful.
I think some of Doug Baldwin's frustrations ARE on Darryll Bevell's play-calls....That would only be a natural reaction for someone so competitive.
It's been well documented that the coaching staff is trying to get Russell to check into an audible if he sees a tell in the defense another play could exploit. That is being encouraged.
You'd have to extrapolate on the Baldwin situation.

Smellyman

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1z9pn20l said:
Siouxhawk":1z9pn20l said:
pmedic920":1z9pn20l said:
Siouxhawk":1z9pn20l said:
Never happened as you say it.
Helmet speaker misfunctions happen all the time and they either fix it or sub in a new helmet.

"Never"

Are you sure about that?

I'm not but "never" seems like a really bold statement.
Yes, I can convincingly say that Wilson never tampered with the speaker in his helmet so that he wouldn't be able to hear his offensive coordinator. That never happened.

Pray, tell us your capacity in the seahawks organization that you can make such a definitive statement.

He is their offensive coordinator.

themunn

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":a4sqe53u said:
I'm reminded of the Bears game in 2012. Lynch told Wilson to "take over the game" in the fourth; Wilson did, he started taking off running all the time and eventually won. It's one of the few snippets that give me the sense that the players, too, are dissatisfied with Bevell's situational calls. Though I think yesterday's gameplan (get the ball out quickly) was fine.

You are reading too much into things - there's no way Lynch (in a career year, no less) would be telling his rookie QB "ignore your coordinator and win the game for us". "Take over the game" just means "go out there and dominate"

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":20t0itao said:
Lynch told him the same thing in Houston the next year I believe

Can someone have Lynch call Russell and tell him to do it the rest of the season?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":5txavgfo said:
After 5 years, why does Wilson need to be told?

well he did it last weekend, and over his career has had more comeback wins than any qb.

Goes with the territory with this O, keep it close, run a lot, bad OC, win it in the 4th RW.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smellyman":2ut2najn said:
Goes with the territory with this O, keep it close, run a lot, bad OC, win it in the 4th RW.
The problem with this is that one miscue by the defense in the first half (allowing a long TD pass, or a long rushing TD, etc.) screws the entire plan. I wish we'd attack on offense like the Patriots do. That along with the elite defense and we'd probably be damn near unstoppable.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hiovffr said:
Smellyman":1hiovffr said:
The problem with this is that one miscue by the defense in the first half (allowing a long TD pass, or a long rushing TD, etc.) screws the entire plan. I wish we'd attack on offense like the Patriots do. That along with the elite defense and we'd probably be damn near unstoppable.

Completely agree. It would be fun to win handily once in a while.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Smellyman":sh9ku9g6 said:
RolandDeschain":sh9ku9g6 said:
Smellyman":sh9ku9g6 said:

Completely agree. It would be fun to win handily once in a while.

When was the last time the defense didn't play great but the offense dominated? I'm sure there's more recent but I remember the Buffalo game in Toronto when the offense was on an incredible tear. Russell was unstoppable and Stevie Johnson made Richard Sherman look human.