Wilson losing his luster.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":n4vh76yb said:
Spin Doctor":n4vh76yb said:
I have said this in several other threads, but Wilson absolutely needs to step up his game when it comes to presnap reads. The Lions spent all game sending corners, safeties, and linebackers off the edges. Their defense was playing aggressive, yet we were not able to punish them when they played aggressively. Wilson needs to be able to recognize the blitz, and have a hot read, or adjust the protection/ play into something more suitable to the situation. You have more guys coming at you than your line can block you are going to have issues, unless you can punish the defense when they play aggressively like that. We did not punish the Lions when they used this strategy, instead we rewarded them with stalled drives, and fumbles.

The Rams, and the Bears also employed a similar strategy against the Hawks'. I also must say that the clear weak point on this line is Britt. He played an awful, awful game and was blown up on multiple occasions both in the running, and passing games. Coleman had a dreadful game as a run blocker and pass blocker. Coleman got schooled on those edge blitzes.

Doesn't matter if Wilson sets more protection, you just stated in the second paragraph of why. We don't have a good O-line period to handle calls. Did anyone else notice when Wilson saw the edge blitz he even called protection for it, even pointed at the guy, but guess what no one picked that guy up and he got sacked. So keep blaming it all on Wilson, besides the fumbles, he had a great game and he did it all on his own. If your guy Luck turns the ball over - it's because he has to do it all on his own. Just give it a rest you will never never like Wilson, you can praise him in the future later and I will always remember that you don't like Wilson because your judgement of his personality helps contribute to it. For whatever reason you are jaded, almost like a scorn lover lol.
Wow and maybe you love him too much like a stalker

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seanhawk":204leguq said:
Tell the Lion defenders who were trying to chase him down all night that he's losing his luster. Countless times last night the camera caught their looks of frustration & exasperation.
Well trying to catch him is great for a running back . Not the way I would want describe my that means he was running for his life . The o line is bad yes god awful but even gruden said something was wrong we were running the scramble drill every down .and when he did get protection he failed to read the D so is it all the oline ? I'd say most but surely not all

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3crv5lpe said:
theincrediblesok":3crv5lpe said:
Spin Doctor":3crv5lpe said:
I have said this in several other threads, but Wilson absolutely needs to step up his game when it comes to presnap reads. The Lions spent all game sending corners, safeties, and linebackers off the edges. Their defense was playing aggressive, yet we were not able to punish them when they played aggressively. Wilson needs to be able to recognize the blitz, and have a hot read, or adjust the protection/ play into something more suitable to the situation. You have more guys coming at you than your line can block you are going to have issues, unless you can punish the defense when they play aggressively like that. We did not punish the Lions when they used this strategy, instead we rewarded them with stalled drives, and fumbles.

The Rams, and the Bears also employed a similar strategy against the Hawks'. I also must say that the clear weak point on this line is Britt. He played an awful, awful game and was blown up on multiple occasions both in the running, and passing games. Coleman had a dreadful game as a run blocker and pass blocker. Coleman got schooled on those edge blitzes.

Doesn't matter if Wilson sets more protection, you just stated in the second paragraph of why. We don't have a good O-line period to handle calls. Did anyone else notice when Wilson saw the edge blitz he even called protection for it, even pointed at the guy, but guess what no one picked that guy up and he got sacked. So keep blaming it all on Wilson, besides the fumbles, he had a great game and he did it all on his own. If your guy Luck turns the ball over - it's because he has to do it all on his own. Just give it a rest you will never never like Wilson, you can praise him in the future later and I will always remember that you don't like Wilson because your judgement of his personality helps contribute to it. For whatever reason you are jaded, almost like a scorn lover lol.

No but he's one of my favorite players besides Beast Mode on offense. Sorry man but I''m the type that will speak my mind don't care who you are. Come at me bro!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's amusing that last night was one of the first games this year where Wilson had his spark and yet people want to turn on him.

If he made mistakes last night it was in trying to do too much at the end. I can forgive him for that.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":atlcp5l8 said:
hawkfannj":atlcp5l8 said:
theincrediblesok":atlcp5l8 said:
Spin Doctor":atlcp5l8 said:

No but he's one of my favorite players besides Beast Mode on offense. Sorry man but I''m the type that will speak my mind don't care who you are. Come at me bro!
Please man take a Xanax nobody is " coming At you bro" your a real Internet ninja !

PackerNation

Reaction score
Mick063":1wn3jd10 said:
Every damn time he drops back, he doesn't:
Read the defense
Go through the progression
Throw on time.

I think the lack of a decent OL is really affecting his play. The OL isn't even bad....it's hideous.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PackerNation":3elosn3o said:
Mick063":3elosn3o said:
Read the defense
Throw on time.

I think the lack of a decent OL is really affecting his play. The OL isn't even bad....it's hideous.

Certainly doesn't help things. Last night was just an exercise in futility as a fan.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Mick063":xlkavii2 said:
When Seattle is sub .500 for the season, this board will be clamoring for change.

After missing the playoffs, with the offense ranked in the bottom 5, there will be many folks with a change of heart.

I just happen to see it coming before many of you.

I know that I am clamoring for change on this board. A traditional drop back passer would be dead already at this point in the season.

I will want to change Wilson at QB in about 15 years when he can't run anymore.

canfan

Reaction score
Mick063":njeq9d01 said:
We will collectively, incrementally, grow very weary of backyard football.

Read the defense
Throw on time.

He inherently, instinctively jumps into scramble mode, never giving the play a chance to work as designed.

Feast or famine, putting all of the pressure to rescue his a$$ upon the defense, the offensive line, and the run game. Exposing the ball to be swatted away, getting sacked way more often than he should.

There will come a time, in the not too distant future, that we yearn for a conventional offense run by a conventional quarterback.

If this joke of a line does not learn to at least slow down the rush (I've given up on them actually blocking) I don't think you will have long enough to get "tired" of Wilson's style. He'll be down at the Children's Hospital having sick kids sign his cast. Then you can have the satisfaction of watching TJack pat the ball twice before taking a sack as he goes through his progression. You will find that your "conventional" QB has a hard time seeing his receiver with a D Tackle perched on his chest.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
He needs to quit fumbling, but other than that he was a huge part of almost all the success we had on offense yesterday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't see any difference in Russell other than he's tentative and running for his life 80% of the time because of how terrible his line is.

I don't care who the QB is, if you don't give him security and time to throw he's going to get happy feet and be in consistent.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
The fumbles bothered me...a lot.

However, getting hit as many times as he did due to an O-line that is truly offensive, sometimes I am surprised he can walk, much less hold onto the ball.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Wow and maybe you love him too much like a stalker[/quote]

No but he's one of my favorite players besides Beast Mode on offense. Sorry man but I''m the type that will speak my mind don't care who you are. Come at me bro![/quote]
Please man take a Xanax nobody is " coming At you bro" your a real Internet ninja ![/quote]

My bad man, it just got emotional that's all. Poor choice of words on my part. I apologize to both you and Spin Doctor, I won't take a Xanax but think I'm going to take a few weeks off away from this board.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
The offense has many (many, many, many) issues, Wilson is not one of them. He is doing well for a guy that has to run for his life on 80-90% of his drop backs. I could only imagine how good he would be if he just had an O-line that could hold up for 2-4 seconds on passing plays, oh to dream. Fumbles happen, his happened at bad times (is there ever a good time), but it does happen. I would guess he will watch the tape and maybe not hold the ball so low next time, but this kind of stuff will happen when your O-line/TE/RB and FB's are letting guys run free at your QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BadgerVid":19bw08ic said:
The fumbles bothered me...a lot.

I think the fumbles are an aberration, Russell is normally very ball secure.

But this is what happens when he's running for his life EVERY play, he feels like if he doesn't scramble around and make something happen we're never going to score.

And he's right.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkpower":15w4lx8l said:
NFSeahawks628":15w4lx8l said:
I would agree with you except I've been watching the Seahawks for longer than four games.

Russell Wilson has a terrible o line blocking for him, in his mind he has to be aware when he needs to run. Do you think if he had a solid o line he would panic as much and try to escape the pocket?

I'm not saying he doesn't miss throws, miss open receivers, or miss plays here and there, he does I've seen it. However, the majority of our problems on offense are because of our o-line and to some extent the lack of situational play calling.

We will never get sick of Russell Wilson becomes it's darn near impossible to find a quality QB thats efficient at the NFL level.

If he throws the ball on time like other NFL QB's, he doesnt have to scramble.

Even our o-line, as bad as they are, blocks for 3-5 steps......... most of the time :lol:

He's not like other NFL QBs though.

you take some of the good with some of the bad... People want him to be everything. He's just not. He's more Tommy Kramer or Steve Young than Dan Marino or even Joe Montana.

Some of it sucks, some of it is just awesome.

niveky

Reaction score
Mick063":pnpgr746 said:
We will collectively, incrementally, grow very weary of backyard football.

Read the defense
Throw on time.

He inherently, instinctively jumps into scramble mode, never giving the play a chance to work as designed.

Feast or famine, putting all of the pressure to rescue his a$$ upon the defense, the offensive line, and the run game. Exposing the ball to be swatted away, getting sacked way more often than he should.

There will come a time, in the not too distant future, that we yearn for a conventional offense run by a conventional quarterback.
.........sooooooooo Rawls doing almost nothing most of the game, Fred jackson(who was having success) getting injured had no bearing on Wilson having to carry more on his shoulders? That isn't even mentioning the frightful online situation....also, give credit where credit is due. Their d played well and their d line looked pretty sharp. The thing I am most disappointed in was that our d got no sacks....sure insane pressure but they didn't get stafford once.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Without Wilson, the Seahawks would have lost yesterday. Ya he had two fumbles but what is he supposed to do with 3 Lions in his face once he gets the snap. He was running for his life the whole game. Had the OL bothered to block this game would have been a 31-3 game.

randomation

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1ungo938 said:
NFSeahawks628":1ungo938 said:
I would agree with you except I've been watching the Seahawks for longer than four games.

Russell Wilson has a terrible o line blocking for him, in his mind he has to be aware when he needs to run. Do you think if he had a solid o line he would panic as much and try to escape the pocket?

I'm not saying he doesn't miss throws, miss open receivers, or miss plays here and there, he does I've seen it. However, the majority of our problems on offense are because of our o-line and to some extent the lack of situational play calling.

We will never get sick of Russell Wilson becomes it's darn near impossible to find a quality QB thats efficient at the NFL level.

If he throws the ball on time like other NFL QB's, he doesnt have to scramble.

Even our o-line, as bad as they are, blocks for 3-5 steps......... most of the time :lol:

You apparently weren't watching last night almost any other qb in the league gives up 10 plus sacks last night with the amount of time the oline could give aka none.

Latest posts