Wilson losing his luster.

Smellyman

Reaction score
20/26 for 287, 1 td no picks. 40 yards rushing and some magic from the pocket. All the while under siege from the worst oline in the NFL and perhaps the last 10 years.

2 fumbles were killers and sucked, but no other qb imo comes out of that game alive and with near those stats.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2il0yyzw said:
Exittium":2il0yyzw said:
I hated seeing the wide open graham running down field on one of the plays where wilson rolls left.. if wilson would have passed it to him graham would have taken it to the house.

If its the play that was talked about in gameday forum there was an olinemen down field and would have been a penalty if he made the throw.

That play isn't on Russell at all, he pump faked when he saw Graham but realized he was past the LOS.

I'd rather people point out you know actual missed receivers while he's standing in the pocket. It's probably harder to find because it doesn't happen a lot. :roll:

razor150

Reaction score
What you say isn't completely wrong about Wilson, but it is hard to criticize him when we have an offensive line as bad as we do. Our line is so bad most of our starters woud be backups on any other team, if they made the team at all. They suck. With the way this team seems to put no priority on the offensive line it is starting to make me lose faith in PC, especially if he doesn't make changes in the offseason if things don't get any better.

OP
OP
Mick063

Mick063

Reaction score
When Seattle is sub .500 for the season, this board will be clamoring for change.

After missing the playoffs, with the offense ranked in the bottom 5, there will be many folks with a change of heart.

I just happen to see it coming before many of you.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Its not Wilson. Any other QB out there behind that joke of a line gets sacked at least 10 times tonight.

He was 20-26 for 287 yds and a TD. Ill take that every week.

We need a line and Bevell needs to employ quick throws and blitz killers.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'm fine with Russell...
But, it appears that the bandwagon exodus is imminent!
And I'm fine with that too!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Mick063":xds1acmn said:
When Seattle is sub .500, this board will be clamoring for change.

After missing the playoffs, with the offense ranked in the bottom 5, there will be many folks with a change of heart.

I just happen to see it coming before many of you.

You got next weeks lottery numbers?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":13v9ayse said:
Mick063":13v9ayse said:
We will collectively, incrementally, grow very weary of backyard football.

Every damn time he drops back, he doesn't:
Read the defense
Go through the progression
Throw on time.

He inherently, instinctively jumps into scramble mode, never giving the play a chance to work as designed.

Feast or famine, putting all of the pressure to rescue his a$$ upon the defense, the offensive line, and the run game. Exposing the ball to be swatted away, getting sacked way more often than he should.

There will come a time, in the not too distant future, that we yearn for a conventional offense run by a conventional quarterback.
I'm getting tired of the the troll threads. Wilson is the ONLY reason we're actually in position to win this horrible game. You better deal with it because like Rothliesburger, Wilson's whole game is backyard sandlot football. It works for Ben to the tune of two rings and a bust in Canton.

With that said...:thcoffee:

Bust in Canton? Do you mean spot?

Atradees

Reaction score
We lose this game without Wilson. It would be nice to have a game plan that allows him to succeed. Hes all we got.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If there was another quality starter waiting in the wings, or a great amount of even good QBs available in FA - this would make sense.

But you cannot win in this league without a QB (Texans again Example #1). Almost every winning team has a quality QB.

The QB available in the 3rd round is going to be a crapshoot, either flawed or a roll of the dice. In our case, both.

Is he worth $20M per year? I don't think so, but who else would we get? And he might not be producing at $20M clip but that is what our QB cost. So it is what it is.

The truth is Wilson is the ONLY QB that could make the SB with this team and these pieces, so if we want to make it - we are going to need him to produce.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Willie McGuinest said that 3 /5 ths of our offensive line don't even understand the blocking system we are using. He said the D line is beating our guys from the one count. Okung and Sweezy are struggling too but a big part of that is not knowing which of the line mates to cover for. This is a historically bad offensive line and he pointed out that it has been getting progressively worse while we ignored it. Now Mike Rob did jump in and say that some of the reason Cable has so many projects starting is that we have missed on all of our draft picks for the Oline.

Exittium

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3uuudkoi said:
JSeahawks":3uuudkoi said:
Exittium":3uuudkoi said:
I hated seeing the wide open graham running down field on one of the plays where wilson rolls left.. if wilson would have passed it to him graham would have taken it to the house.

If its the play that was talked about in gameday forum there was an olinemen down field and would have been a penalty if he made the throw.

That play isn't on Russell at all, he pump faked when he saw Graham but realized he was past the LOS.

I'd rather people point out you know actual missed receivers while he's standing in the pocket. It's probably harder to find because it doesn't happen a lot. :roll:

Yes thats the play, I saw him pump and then run(?) on the replay I saw graham wide open, but yeah good point about the LOS had to take a 2nd look on the DVR rl quick :( ..

Sealake80

Reaction score
Mick :pukeface: how ur posts made me feel. jk

I'll quote Smellyman from another thread:

20/26...287 yards 1 td and no picks while under siege from the worst OL I have ever seen.

40 yards rushing and some magical plays and two maddening fumbles, while under siege!

shouldve been sacked a dozen more times tonight and no other qb imo wouldve been as near as productive as RW tonight.

Yeah the luster is gone OMG! :D

We just need to give him more support so he doesn't have to do it all. I think he was really tired carrying the loadd and that contributed to the fumbles.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sealake80":dkzeht2w said:
Mick :pukeface: how ur posts made me feel. jk

I'll quote Smellyman from another thread:

20/26...287 yards 1 td and no picks while under siege from the worst OL I have ever seen.

40 yards rushing and some magical plays and two maddening fumbles, while under siege!

shouldve been sacked a dozen more times tonight and no other qb imo wouldve been as near as productive as RW tonight.

Yeah the luster is gone OMG! :D

We just need to give him more support so he doesn't have to do it all. I think he was really tired carrying the loadd and that contributed to the fumbles.

I'm really glad you edited your thread and decided to attack the post rather than the poster... :lol:

timmat

Reaction score
Russ has been conditioned to play this way by several years (his important first developmental years) behind terrible offensive lines. He's also been part of an offensive system that will not tolerate or accept a few interceptions. If he does get time, he's been taught to be conservative with his decision making, and let us play D. He's played to our system to the tune of a championship. If we are to change our approach on offense, we currently don't have the line personnel to support a passing attack. And, our QB will have to unlearn some things. It won't happen overnight, probably not this season.

I've stopped expecting our style to change. IF we win behind these types of O lines, this is how we'll win, regardless of how many Jimmy Graham's we sign.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":201ppe64 said:
Willie McGuinest said that 3 /5 ths of our offensive line don't even understand the blocking system we are using. He said the D line is beating our guys from the one count. Okung and Sweezy are struggling too but a big part of that is not knowing which of the line mates to cover for. This is a historically bad offensive line and he pointed out that it has been getting progressively worse while we ignored it. Now Mike Rob did jump in and say that some of the reason Cable has so many projects starting is that we have missed on all of our draft picks for the Oline.
Gee, makes you wonder why most think Cable knows a crap. Me? I'd be happy if he were fired tonight. We need to go another direction now and not a minute later. I see Kansas City with a patchwork OL but leagues better than ours will ever be currently composed. It's gotten beyond ridiculous and injuring our skill position people.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Mick063":z2qbecns said:
Hawk_Nation":z2qbecns said:
If he doesnt fumble twice, I wonder if this thread is ever dreamt up.

Thread is overdue.

We are looking at a post Lynch world. It does not look bright.
R-E-L-A-X........... Lynch Lives!

The post Shaun Alexander world and Holmgren championship level era did not look bright, either.

BlueOne

Reaction score
75% completion percentage, 280 yard passing, 1 td no picks, 40 yards rushing, with a rookie 3rd sting RB and an O-line everyone admits is atrocious, how the hell can you be unhappy with Russell today? The fumbles suck but the O-line did him no favors on those plays and they were were 2 of his only three big mistakes all night.

Smellyman

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2mlf00nt said:

Willie could suit up now and destroy this OL. :)