Wilson, Carroll, Bevell.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I was probably the first guy on dot net that speculated about getting Green Bay's backup QB, but that was only a comment about when we got MH (and getting a Green Bay backup worked that time). I had no idea who Matt Flynn was, and he hadn't played a down as far as I knew. I only knew that ANYBODY had to be better than TJack!

I was also always against TJack, to the point that many on here gave me crap (publicly and via PM) about calling him TurdVarius. I stand by my assessment of his skilz, although I ended up being an admirer of his raw manliness in his embodiment of the warrior mentality.

I was never enamored of Bevel - he was unable to craft a championship O with Hutch and Favre, and when he was hired here TJack came as part of the package. I'm considering changing my mind. Let's see how the season ends. I was also one of the lone voices wondering about all that "In Ruskell We Trust" crap back when. However, I'm not nearly as far down on Bevel right now as I was ever down on Timmay. Bevel seems to be able to learn and change.

sc85sis

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bgcgfvd said:
HawkFan72":1bgcgfvd said:
Am I the only one smirking with all you guys talking about being guilty of number 2?

Why the smirk? I don't recall you being some big Bevell advocate, standing up for him and making threads about it, and stuff.
Scatalogical "humor" I believe.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Carroll is on the hot seat next year if we don't win. We all are very happy with the team right now but a loss to the Ninners plus stumbling against the rams will greatly kill the enthusiasm.

We don't have anything solidified yet this season.

kearly

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":27m6wpu2 said:
Don't forget we have a terrible WR corps. (Rice-Tate ranked as a top 5 receiver combo in the NFL)

Good one. This should be on the list as well.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":28v63wqy said:
Carroll is on the hot seat next year if we don't win. We all are very happy with the team right now but a loss to the Ninners plus stumbling against the rams will greatly kill the enthusiasm.

"Don't win" meaning losing record in 2013? You'd probably be right.

Ain't happening though.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":1r89tamq said:
Tech Worlds":1r89tamq said:

"Don't win" meaning losing record in 2013? You'd probably be right.

Ain't happening though.

I don't believe so either.

seahawks08

Reaction score
My only concern was Bevell, I did not want Seahawks to go through a OC change every other year and make things worse. But some of the play calling was horrible, until the read option can into fruition. I understand complex plays take time to form and execute, but the calls were very predictable, run, throw, run and give the ball 3 and out. After an whole offseason and 2nd years players, I would have thought it would click well. I understand the training wheels, but some games, he made RW throw deep ball to win games in the last minute.... really when you had 60 minutes to move the chains, you suddenly start calling aggressive play calling in the end. That was what I was really upset about. Introducing the read option bringing in an additional element to this offense was the key to the success for sure. But still Miami, and to some extent Chicago, Carolina were all terrible in my opinion.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Bevell was hot garbage in the beginning of the season. I don't feel bad about calling him out.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I was wrong about Bevell. I think I called the time of death too early on that one. While the playcalling was tepid during the early part of the season, it could just be that that was the plan in bringing Wilson along. Pete probably had more of an influence on the style and playcalling that he preferred. Now he's letting Bevell do his thing and it's flourishing. I know Vikings fans weren't a big fan of his and some Seahawks fans aren't, but I'm starting to come around to the idea that he might be hitting his stride as a coach right now. Innovative, dynamic, powerful, quick.. this offense has everything you'd want right about now. You're right English, he deserves a ton of credit.