Will the Seahawks tag Diggs ?

Chawker

Reaction score
Will the Seahawks have to use a franchise tag on Diggs or let him slide into the open market. I guess we'll know by march 16.

sutz

Reaction score
He would be the obvious place to use the tag this year, if they use it. Hopefully we can tag him for now (if necessary) and then work out a more team friendly long term deal later. Better yet, get a deal done in the next couple of weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think they'll offer him a reasonable extension, and if he plays hardball or doesn't want to sign the new deal? They'll franchise him.

Safety is one of the most team friendly franchise tag position groups. I think around 13M for 2022?

LTH

Reaction score
sutz":orlrnoxv said:
He would be the obvious place to use the tag this year, if they use it. Hopefully we can tag him for now (if necessary) and then work out a more team friendly long term deal later. Better yet, get a deal done in the next couple of weeks.

i think it will go down to the last minute and Diggs will hold out during training camp...I think he wants to be here and the Hawks want him here, it's just a matter of working out the money.. I dislike this part of the game

LTH

iigakusei

Reaction score
Aros":3c2jdwwk said:
iigakusei":3c2jdwwk said:
Nope - have to let him go unfortunately.

And why is that?

Simple roster construction. When you have one of the worst DL's in the league it doesn't make much sense to have two safeties making $15 Million + each. Safe assumption Diggs will want at least $14 million minimum, and that money is better used shoring up the DL.

JGreen79

Reaction score
iigakusei":3bja7qad said:
Aros":3bja7qad said:
iigakusei":3bja7qad said:

And why is that?

Simple roster construction. When you have one of the worst DL's in the league it doesn't make much sense to have two safeties making $15 Million + each. Safe assumption Diggs will want at least $14 million minimum, and that money is better used shoring up the DL.

Franchise tag for safeties is only $12.9 million.

LTH

Reaction score
iigakusei":3itxrigd said:
Aros":3itxrigd said:
iigakusei":3itxrigd said:

And why is that?

I would disagree they have one of the worst D lines in the league...they were VERY good against the run could have been better against the pass but some of that was scheme...

LTH

nanomoz

Reaction score
It would certainly earn the Hawks a bit of good will from Diggs if they did. His free agent market had to have been savaged by the injury. That was gnarly.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
12.9 mil for a franchise tag, get it done. Better than letting him walk imo.
Unless they are working on a contract, which none of us know. Including the media with all their stories for clicks.