Seahawks coach Pete Carroll calls Quandre Diggs’ interception return ‘shameful’

Polk738

Reaction score

I like it's a little out of context and making something out of nothing but still an interesting read but from what I gather Diggs was "honoring" Deion Sanders with his return and even though I can't really see it in the highlights but some people are speculating he could've gotten a lot more on the return, really can't tell unless you probably watch the All-22. Diggs commenting that Pete will get over it and him bragging about his interceptions over the last six years just really made me eye roll :rolleyes: I guess he forgets about the constant whiffed tackles and other INTs he's dropped this season, Diggs is an okay safety at this point but IMO he's not even the best DB on this team and kinda needs to get over himself.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
2022Sea129$1,190,000$4,100,000$510,000$5,800,000$13,490,000$14,000,000($14,000,000)

POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 1 YR, $14,000,000; $8,200,000 DEAD CAP​

2023Sea130$13,490,000$4,100,000$510,000$18,100,000$8,200,000$14,000,000($28,000,000)
2024Sea131$10,490,000$4,100,000$510,000$15,100,000$4,100,000$11,000,000($39,000,000)
2025Sea132UFA

GemCity

Reaction score
His response to Pete….unprofessional.

I was happy he got the INT but he could’ve picked up 10+ more yards without showboating.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
nonpaywall archive

Pete didn’t like it because Quandre was being reckless with the ball.

Quandre probably knows he is being cut so he can say his fo to Pete, I’m out of here early.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As usual, not sure if you guys are being ridiculous on purpose or not. For those who missed it, this was entirely joking on the part of Pete on his radio segment this morning and also completely joking on the part of Diggs. Good natured ribbing after a win they really needed that doesn't translate to print media. Or is being deliberately exaggerated for hits, depending on how cynical you are.

One interesting detail was that Pete said he thinks Quandre is looking increasingly better the last couple of weeks as he is learning to trust that he is fully recovered from the broken fibula. It's been a full year from the injury now and it's reasonable to think that matters.

Jville

Reaction score
Quandre Diggs remarks also serve as a statement about community confusion over the state of the spoken word.

I don't move in the same circles as Diggs. His first interview/podcast put me off. After his second of third interview, I looked up his use of the word "Dope". I then understood that his usage translates to cool or good or excellent or over the top.

The collapse of definitive word meaning continues. It's only a matter of time before social media vocabulary falls below 365 words.
As usual, not sure if you guys are being ridiculous on purpose or not. For those who missed it, this was entirely joking on the part of Pete on his radio segment this morning and also completely joking on the part of Diggs. Good natured ribbing after a win they really needed that doesn't translate to print media. Or is being deliberately exaggerated for hits, depending on how cynical you are.

One interesting detail was that Pete said he thinks Quandre is looking increasingly better the last couple of weeks as he is learning to trust that he is fully recovered from the broken fibula. It's been a full year from the injury now and it's reasonable to think that matters.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Quandre Diggs remarks also serve as a statement about community confusion over the state of the spoken word.

I don't move in the same circles as Diggs. His first interview/podcast put me off. After his second of third interview, I looked up his use of the word "Dope". I then understood that his usage translates to cool or good or excellent or over the top.

The collapse of definitive word meaning continues. It's only a matter of time before social media vocabulary falls below 365 words.
How old are you not to know that “dope” has a positive connotation? Many words have multiple meanings, this most definitely does not mean a collapse or diminishing of vocabulary. Weird thing to get hung up on.

Jville

Reaction score
How old are you not to know that “dope” has a positive connotation? Many words have multiple meanings, this most definitely does not mean a collapse or diminishing of vocabulary. Weird thing to get hung up on.

Ouch,

In this world of Babbel, it's imperative to look up words. There is clarity with precisely defined words. Multi-meaning street slang on the other hand can lead to misinterpretation and confusion.

I understand the fun Diggs and Carroll were having because of our dictionaries of terms and their usage. They have a bright future together. The best is yet to come.

GemCity

Reaction score

I definitely didn’t bother to check the full story out.
Thanks for the clarification!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Draft Skinner and the best FS, done. (still love Diggs)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score

Yeah, I read the article and it read to me like it was in jest/fun. Didn't actually listen to the audio, so I couldn't be sure, thanks for letting us know.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Yeah, I read the article and it read to me like it was in jest/fun. Didn't actually listen to the audio, so I couldn't be sure, thanks for letting us know.

Yeah I did say it was a little out of context, I was more into the part of Diggs just kinda being full of himself when he really hasn't had the pro bowl caliber year he "thinks" he had.