Will Russell ditch the leg brace?

Largent80

Reaction score
Looks like it......

“Well, I’ve had some bumps and bruises along the way, but I feel really good,” he said Wednesday. “I feel like any play I need to make, I can make, for sure. So that’s the exciting part. I still feel really fast and all that. If you had asked me several weeks ago, I wasn’t moving my fastest, but I feel really good right now.”

Wilson said he’s considering playing without a knee brace Saturday in Seattle’s wild-card game against Detroit. He’s worn one since he hurt his knee in Week 3 but said he feels he no longer needs it.

“My leg’s good,” he said. “I think it’s just more of a safety thing.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/229265/se ... nee-brace/

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Largent80":ljd6fub7 said:
Looks like it......

“Well, I’ve had some bumps and bruises along the way, but I feel really good,” he said Wednesday. “I feel like any play I need to make, I can make, for sure. So that’s the exciting part. I still feel really fast and all that. If you had asked me several weeks ago, I wasn’t moving my fastest, but I feel really good right now.”

Wilson said he’s considering playing without a knee brace Saturday in Seattle’s wild-card game against Detroit. He’s worn one since he hurt his knee in Week 3 but said he feels he no longer needs it.

“My leg’s good,” he said. “I think it’s just more of a safety thing.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/229265/se ... nee-brace/

I don't believe him. Just keep it Russ, you got nothing to prove. You are a warrior. Nobody, I repeat, nobody does what you did this year in playing through injuries. Didnt even miss a practice rep. Truly amazing. I think people around here need to remember that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Speaking of his injuries...

I think his pectoral injury earlier this season was worse than we thought, and it really affected his accuracy. Something happened, it had to be that.

I bet we find out after the season that was the case. Like a few seasons ago with his shoulder injury they kept on the down low.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If he can, he needs to.

But I have a nagging suspicion Russell's knee has a tear or something more serious than they're letting on, and we'll find that out after the season's over.

#1 injury was week 1, and #2 injury was week 3? Even playing Russell should have almost completely healed and not still look barely 60-70% of his usual explosive 4.5 speed.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":49p9mtuj said:
If he can, he needs to.

But I have a nagging suspicion Russell's knee has a tear or something more serious than they're letting on, and we'll find that out after the season's over.

#1 injury was week 1, and #2 injury was week 3? Even playing Russell should have almost completely healed and not still look barely 60-70% of his usual explosive 4.5 speed.

Tough to say,

He looks a million times more mobile then he did at the beginning of the year.

But your right he doesn't like 100%....is that some injury we dont know? Maybe, cause we know they wouldn't disclose anything if they didnt' have to.

But it could just be cause of the brace. Those braces are really limited many players have said they don't feel as explosive with them.

If he's 100% healthy, we may just need a healthy dose of Read Option to get the run game cooking....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3nmygfvl said:

I think his pectoral injury earlier this season was worse than we thought, and it really affected his accuracy. Something happened, it had to be that.

I bet we find out after the season that was the case. Like a few seasons ago with his shoulder injury they kept on the down low.
That's what I've been thinking as well.

Mojambo

Reaction score
He definitely looks less explosive running the read option. I have no idea if that's due to the brace, the injury or the line being unable to execute.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Mojambo":2mr5d8gb said:
He definitely looks less explosive running the read option. I have no idea if that's due to the brace, the injury or the line being unable to execute.

Yeah, point of R/O is to let ONE guy go unblocked...not the entire D line per this olines usual.

mistaowen

Reaction score
At this point it's amazing he has played every game. Like others, I agree we will probably hear about his injuries being more severe than we were led to believe. His nightly heating/icing regimen after his first injury was insane. One tough S.O.B.

IrishNjHawk

Reaction score
The pectoral injury definitely would make sense considering how he is missing his receivers more frequently since it happened. Then again, it could also be because he has NO time to throw with the abomination of an OL in front of him.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
For those doubting what a brace does for running go down to the local sports supply store and try one on.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1fyf8e46 said:

Have a feeling all of his injuries were worse than we were let on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1g89ukal said:
FlyingGreg":1g89ukal said:

Agreed, I remember a few years back Kam had like three procedures done on things that he played thru.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2w45ndu0 said:
But according to people on here, he has put on weight

He has put on weight.
[urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/106129/brock-huard-russell-wilsons-apparent-weight-gain-is-a-good-thing/[/urltargetblank]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mojambo":2twmrq4e said:

The brace isn't all that heavy, but it's the mobility it restricts..........hurts Russell's mobility and ability to turn on a dime like he's so great at.

Having said this, I do think he's still hurt more than they're letting on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's obviously a very tough guy. But he would have shed the brace sooner if there still wasn't some pain etc.
And behind THIS O Line? That's kind of scary. That being said, when it's time, I would love to see it. Just not sure he's nearly as close to 100 percent as he may let on. That's natural though for a leader, what's he gonna' say? "I'm only at about 70 percent, and it hurts quite a bit" :mrgreen:

Foghawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1mwornv2 said:
Hasselbeck":1mwornv2 said:
FlyingGreg":1mwornv2 said:

Agreed, I remember a few years back Kam had like three procedures done on things that he played thru.

He's made a few throws on the run that just don't seem possible for someone with a serious pectoral injury (across the body, etc).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hr4r183i said:
If he can, he needs to.

I think it's as he said ..The brace was on longer for safety.I hope thats why he looked slower and getting rid of it brings us the explosive RW that would be huge ..