Will Rodgers throw to Shermans Side???

Kevin28n

Reaction score
In the first match up this year Rodgers didnt try Sherman one time the whole game.
Do you guys see that changing in the NFC Championship game?
I personally think Rodgers will try Sherman this time. Maybe not alot but he will at least attempt
to throw on Shermans side.
And if he doesnt, thats just embarrassing.
But i really do hope he throws to Sherman side doe. With that Calve problem of his,
some of his balls may come out a little wobbly and less accurate.
A recipe for interceptions for Optimus Prime.

ptisme

Reaction score
For some reason Green Bay thought lining up Nelson on the left would draw Sherman over there. It didn't which left Sherman one on one with our (then) number three WR Boykin. Boykin no longer plays he's regressed so bad. Maybe Rodgers ignored Sherman or maybe Rodgers just wasn't going to throw to a receiver that wasn't open. Rodgers takes even the slightest of slights and uses it as motivation. He is still pi$$ed at the 49ers for passing on him in the draft. Skip Bayless provides constant bulletin board material for him.

If I know Rodgers, he had a talk with McCarthy Sunday night and told him to come up with a plan to attack Sherman. My guess is he'll go after Sherman on one of the first two plays....

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Of course he will . He is an elite QB . The first game was a match up thing . And both of these teams are not the same teams that played opening day . So I expect it and more than you would think.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
He should. Sure Sherman is Richard 'best corner in the game' Sherman. But he is the best QB in football (I think by some distance), he has no business ceding half of the field like that, its his job to make the plays that nobody else could. He can't just give us a huge advantage like he did last time.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
ARod will obvious throw Sherman's way if the receiver is open or has a fighting chance. I can see ARod throwing one Sherm's way and have Jordy winning a jump ball. Not the whole game but it will happen at least once.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope he throws deep toward Sherman on the first play of the game, and Sherman returns it for a score while "baby stiff-arming" Rodgers as Rodgers tries to tackle him on the way back, with Marshawn holding his crotch in the background like he was on Kam's pick six.

Then, I hope we line Sherman up at WR and Russell throws a deep TD bomb to him on our first passing play of the game.

byau

Reaction score
The obvious answer is...maybe.

Similar to how the Seahawks don't change their tune and they play their game, I think the Packers are the same

Rodgers will look for the open man, find him, and throw to him... not sure he thinks specifically about Richard Sherman the person, but maybe he'll notice the guy to his right side is not as open as the guy to his left so he will throw to the guy on his left.

Just like how Sherman says the Seahawks play schemes and playcalls, not a specific player. Rodgers and Green Bay and elite teams are likely the same - look for the weakness and exploit it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
If he's thinking about challenging Sherman in some macho prove myself kind of way... Sherman has already won. he's in Erin's head rearranging the furniture. Game is already over.

kjreid

Reaction score
byau":29tzzeik said:
The obvious answer is...maybe.

Similar to how the Seahawks don't change their tune and they play their game, I think the Packers are the same

Rodgers will look for the open man, find him, and throw to him... not sure he thinks specifically about Richard Sherman the person, but maybe he'll notice the guy to his right side is not as open as the guy to his left so he will throw to the guy on his left.

Just like how Sherman says the Seahawks play schemes and playcalls, not a specific player. Rodgers and Green Bay and elite teams are likely the same - look for the weakness and exploit it.

But in the 1st game it appeared to be the game plan, watching the replay nothing less than the third checkdown was to Sherman's side. I think GB game planned out a 1/3 of the field the 1st game ( way too much overthinking with to much time). I doubt GB will do the samw thing and run more normal balanced packages.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
I think he will a few times, if nothing more than just doing it so he isn't crucified afterwards for not throwing at Sherman. The balls may be intentional overthrows, but still....

And of course if sherms man is open. Problem for Rodgers on that is, good CB's also know how to give the perception that a man is or will be open.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Last night on the NFL network Mike Rob was asked what if the packers fool everyone and come at Sherm with their game plan? ...... Mike just laughed and laughed...

It would be an interesting tern of events though.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
bank on it because he didn't last time and lost, and there will be a season of tape to utilize. It was mentioned some teams used short routes, curls, and gain inside leverage to get the ball on Sherm side. Anyone know what are some of the other routes teams used with success on Sherm?

Ozzy

Reaction score
They will package some underneath stuff probably 2-3 times and not much else. Why would you challenge him? They will put Nelson on the other side of the field and hope he takes advantage of Simon or Maxwell. Sherm will get some work but not much. Rodgers is too smart for it.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I've seen Sherman move around this season. He's usually, but not always, on "his" side. If they line him up against the #1 receiver, Rodgers won't really have a choice.

OP
OP
K

Kevin28n

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":pbqwczfo said:
I've seen Sherman move around this season. He's usually, but not always, on "his" side. If they line him up against the #1 receiver, Rodgers won't really have a choice.

yeah yeah. i hope and think Maxwell will be back this week.
So thats good. Rodgers would bully the heck outta Simon.
So either way Rodgers is gonna have a tough time.
But i mean, he still lost when not targeting Sherman.
So that didnt work. Mind as well try and throw it his way.
Its a lose lose situation for him lol.

Cartire

Reaction score
This is being set up as a ARod vs Sherman weekend. And I love it. The media is really controlling the narrative well on this one.

Of course Green Bay is going to throw at Sherman. Its been talked about so much now, that if he doesnt go after Sherman, the ensuing chaos would be cataclysmic. So he will. They are game planning the shit out of it.

The best QB vs the best CB. Who truly is the great at this moment? I got my popcorn and beer ready.

...of course, the excuse is gonna be about ARods injury. Inevitably leading up to a rematch for next year when we play them. Catch the fever.

OP
OP
K

Kevin28n

Reaction score
Cartire":z1f4a6pz said:
This is being set up as a ARod vs Sherman weekend. And I love it. The media is really controlling the narrative well on this one.

Of course Green Bay is going to throw at Sherman. Its been talked about so much now, that if he doesnt go after Sherman, the ensuing chaos would be cataclysmic. So he will. They are game planning the shit out of it.

The best QB vs the best CB. Who truly is the great at this moment? I got my popcorn and beer ready.

...of course, the excuse is gonna be about ARods injury. Inevitably leading up to a rematch for next year when we play them. Catch the fever.

BRO EXACTLY!!! thats what im saying. Even when we beat the packers, they wont give us as much credit as they give to greenbay for "losing" the game instead of the hawks "winning" the game.
No matter what seattle does, the media always trys to negate that saying, "it wasnt so much what seattle did, but what the other team failed to do."
its ridiculous. so headlines on monday will be "Was Rodgers calve injury reason for debacle."
But i dont really care what they say. we on our way to another superbowl.
WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!