Wild Card Watch Thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Looks like to be fair the Ms are going to make the playoffs. Balty has fallen off. They are 5 games back of Seattle but 6 technically due to H2H.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If not the first wild card e last wild card would most likely play Cleveland. I'd rather that than go to Toronto as the 2nd.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I just wanna' get in the playoffs at this point. The amount of injuries to this team ALL SEASON has been ridiculous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heard earlier that the magic number is 14. Shoot, I'm happy to be talking about a Magic Number.
Sounds like Logan is dialed in. But the ump screwed them last inning on a foul tip that the catcher trapped on the ground. So instead of new life with 1 out, they called Mitch out.
I'm so sick of umpires ruining games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
SO nice to see the bats hot today. Especially w/out Julio and Suarez. Pitching needs to be top tier like today. And our pitching is VERY good. So, it should keep us in most games imo.
Let's close this out and get that Magic Number to 13.

sutz

Reaction score
Not sure where that magic number comes from, but whatever. Stros magic number is 1. At least we didn't gift it to them today.

Should have done better agains the angles, but on to Oakland and KC. We should be able to pick up some wins there.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Toro is having an awful season . I'd rather have Kelenic but he can't play 3rd base.

Ruminator

Reaction score
We're having ourselves a pretty decent team this year that stands to be even better next with a couple bonafide bats added, like, bye bye Toro and Winker, hello just about anyone else.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was told it started at 14. Nope, the day started at 13, now the magic number is 11. That was one hell of a productive day. Plus, the Rays lost.

Just so you know Sutz, they talked about the magic number several times on the broadcast. It's a combo of M's wins and Baltimore losses. It's now down to 11.

sutz

Reaction score
I was told it started at 14. Nope, the day started at 13, now the magic number is 11. That was one hell of a productive day. Plus, the Rays lost.

Just so you know Sutz, they talked about the magic number several times on the broadcast. It's a combo of M's wins and Baltimore losses. It's now down to 11.
Guess I missed that part. IAE, still holding on and that's a good thing. Hopefully they can pick up a couple more games this week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Seeing Baltimore get smoked 11 zip was a trip. Just goes to show, you still gotta' play the games. Crap teams beat good teams all the time.
With these injuries, I think taking 2 of 3 from Oakland is very acceptable.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Wanna see something weird? Look at the cumulative run differential for all three AL wildcard-contending teams. Jays at +68, Rays at +68, and Ms at +68.

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, I sure hope some home cooking will help. Right now we're backing into the playoffs, and it don't feel good, tbs. Hell, at this rate, we could lose our way out of it all. That was an embarrassing road trip.