Wild Card Watch Thread

Crizilla

Reaction score
The Orioles are using the phrase "Chaos Kids" for their players. LMAO. Rip off our "chaos ball" much?

Spohawks

Reaction score
I think 38 games left, currently in the playoffs going against Baltimore (who has a worse record)...this could be awesome!

38 games is plenty of time to screw things up though. If I had to bank on 1 team to screw the pooch, its the Mariners!

The team seems pretty solid this year, they are not in this position because a few bad ump calls...they have the players.

Its the 38 games that scare me. They need 1 more nice winning streak to lock this up. I will flip if they make it to the playoffs. Work can suck it if they go...I am watching every second!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Balty makes me nervous only because why wouldnt a team get hot out of nowhere and knock the Ms out.

Ruminator

Reaction score
The more the Ms rely upon themselves only, treating every opponent as formidable and every game as a vaulable opportunity, the better their chances of holding onto one of the three WC spots. This includes playing smart, not overlooking the little things, not wasting overextended effort, and not letting the occasional boo-boo get them down. I remember Ms playing playoff baseball at the Kingdome. You could hear the roar of the crowd many blocks away, which was impressive and made Seattle sound like a hard-core baseball city. Look forward to this happening at T-Mobile Park.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A win today and we are back in first place of the WC. Both Tampa and Toronto lost today.

sutz

Reaction score
The more the Ms rely upon themselves only, treating every opponent as formidable and every game as a vaulable opportunity, the better their chances of holding onto one of the three WC spots. This includes playing smart, not overlooking the little things, not wasting overextended effort, and not letting the occasional boo-boo get them down. I remember Ms playing playoff baseball at the Kingdome. You could hear the roar of the crowd many blocks away, which was impressive and made Seattle sound like a hard-core baseball city. Look forward to this happening at T-Mobile Park.
Yeah, can't be counting on other teams to help us get there. Just keep winning our own games, as many as we possibly can.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Since the All Star break -- Yanks' record: 15-25, and Rays' record: 22-16. And today, the Rays blanked the Yanks 9-0. Rays are now just 5 games behind Yanks in the AL East, and the Blue Jays and Orioles are close behind. Can't wait to see where all the teams end up in that division once the season ends!

Vesuve

Reaction score
Since the All Star break -- Yanks' record: 15-25, and Rays' record: 22-16. And today, the Rays blanked the Yanks 9-0. Rays are now just 5 games behind Yanks in the AL East, and the Blue Jays and Orioles are close behind. Can't wait to see where all the teams end up in that division once the season ends!
Yes, it's worth following every day!

sutz

Reaction score
Tough loss Monday, but not unexpected with the fatigue factor. Still in the mix and hanging at the top of the pack.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. And they just won 7 in a row. 6-0 on the road trip. If someone would have said they were going to win 7 of 8, people would have jumped on it.
And the White Sox are not a crap team. Get that W today.
What I like seeing is A LOT of these teams playing each other the rest of this month.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Ironic that the road to the World Series for the Ms, if they make the playoffs, would likely go through two of the toughest venues for them: Minute Maid Park in Houston, and T-Mobile Park in Seattle.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, I love our chances at home. Playoffs will be a totally different vibe. Just get in the tourney and see how it rolls.
Positive vibe for the win. Any team, any time, any place, bring it on. I guarantee this team isn't afraid of ANYONE. Period

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
TB and Tor play each other 9 more times. Unless the M's completely collapse this team will be in the offs, baby.

sutz

Reaction score
Someone was quoting one site that have us at 99% chance to be in the dance. Heard on the radio or something.

W

Welshers

Someone was quoting one site that have us at 99% chance to be in the dance. Heard on the radio or something.
Whoever said that should be fired! We do have a 5 game cushion, but this is the Seattle Mariners we're talking about! I won't believe it until it's done! Also I want more! Get the 1st WC so we can play at home!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, I want more as well. I don't want to sneak into the 3d WC spot, I want to kick the door down and stomp in like we belong. :)

W

Welshers

Yeah, I want more as well. I don't want to sneak into the 3d WC spot, I want to kick the door down and stomp in like we belong. :)
I'm sure you know this but the higher seed hosts all 3 games! Which means only the 1st wild card team plays at home. 3 game series is such a lottery too. at this point I'm greedy. going to a dumb wild card series to me does not feel like breaking the streak. if they get to the divisional round now that I will consider playoffs. Get the top WC and play the Rays at home seems best case scenario. Although that would mean Houston no matter what in the divisional round if we win. GOing to be epic. I'm already way ahead of myself.

sutz

Reaction score
I agree, it would be epic to play the series at Safeco. I do like that they do a 3 game series instead of just 1 game. It was lame having a playoff of a 162 game season decided by 1 game. Lot of ball left, of course, but they're playing out of their minds these days. The kind of ball we haven't seen in Seattle in 20 years.