Wild Card Chances......

Polaris

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1dmhtd76 said:
johnnyfever":1dmhtd76 said:
KC win = clinch first round bye. By the time we play them, there might not be anything for them to play for. Although, by then, we could have clinched 5th seed and also be giving our backups some real game experience.

Wouldn’t they also need the Patriots to lose to clinch the #1 seed? Patriots are just two games back and own the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Unfortunately, I think the Chargers may beat them. And the Patriots have a good shot against the Steelers. If either of those results happen, then KC will not have clinched the #1 seed when we play them.

The Clinch would be for the first round bye. Yes, New England would beat KC on tiebreaks (head to head) potentially, but the Texans (the other 9-4) team loses to the Chiefs on tiebreaks. Thus if the Chiefs win, they can be no worse than the #2 seed and that means a first round bye. If the Chiefs win AND New England loses, then the Chiefs get home field.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Polaris":1awa97xd said:
hawknation2018":1awa97xd said:
johnnyfever":1awa97xd said:
KC win = clinch first round bye. By the time we play them, there might not be anything for them to play for. Although, by then, we could have clinched 5th seed and also be giving our backups some real game experience.

Wouldn’t they also need the Patriots to lose to clinch the #1 seed? Patriots are just two games back and own the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Unfortunately, I think the Chargers may beat them. And the Patriots have a good shot against the Steelers. If either of those results happen, then KC will not have clinched the #1 seed when we play them.

The Clinch would be for the first round bye. Yes, New England would beat KC on tiebreaks (head to head) potentially, but the Texans (the other 9-4) team loses to the Chiefs on tiebreaks. Thus if the Chiefs win, they can be no worse than the #2 seed and that means a first round bye. If the Chiefs win AND New England loses, then the Chiefs get home field.

Thanks for clarifying that. I imagine the Chiefs won’t be satisfied with just a first round bye and will play for the #1 seed.

So which teams are we rooting for this week?

Seahawks over the 49ers (clinches playoff berth)
Dolphins over the Vikings (clinches the 5th seed if the Seahawks also win)

Chiefs over the Chargers (moves the Chiefs closer to clinching the AFC #1 seed)
Steelers over the Patriots (clinches #1 seed for the Chiefs if the Chiefs also win, making next week’s game irrelevant for the Chiefs)

Colts over the Cowboys (increases the probability that the Cowboys will be our Wild Card round opponent, as the 4th seed)
Bears over the Packers (also increases the probability that the Bears will not be our Wild Card opponent)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Well our game against the Chiefs probably just got tougher.

I hoped that they would be resting starters.

The loss to the Chargers most likely changes the effort they will bring against the Hawks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
pmedic920":1gaxyr6i said:
Well our game against the Chiefs probably just got tougher.

I hoped that they would be resting starters.

The loss to the Chargers most likely changes the effort they will bring against the Hawks.

It is "how" they lost to the Chargers. Their "spirit" might have been broken....some self doubt. We'll see how tough the Hawks are after they beat the Niners.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chris98251":19w6rgwm said:
knownone":19w6rgwm said:
West TX Hawk":19w6rgwm said:
hawknation2018":19w6rgwm said:
Yeah, that would be a worst-case scenario. Would much rather face the Cowboys or Bears than the Vikings.

I don't want any part of on the road at Chicago in the playoffs. Look what they did to the Rams in cold weather and Sea has never won at Chi in the playoffs. Much prefer Dallas in the 1st round.
I'm with you. I'm more afraid of the weather than the Bears though.

Running teams are built for the bad weather, thats why running teams are successful in the later part of the year. If you played where it gets cold you know the ball is harder and it's more difficult to catch and throw, slicker also with rain and snow. When you have a back that secuires the ball well it's hand off and let the big boys do their thing. Eats clock, eats yards and demoralizes passing teams.

The problem is the Bears are second in the NFL in run defense. They play well in the cold and are 6 and 1 at home the only loss to the Patriots

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
seabowl":2w711i01 said:
pmedic920":2w711i01 said:
hawks85":2w711i01 said:
Well this also means if the everything goes well we will meet the Rams for the third time. THIS time we will win.

Although I wouldn’t have a ton of confidence, I think it’s statistically in our favor.
I’m thinking it’s pretty hard for any team (x)to beat team (y) 3 times in one season.

Easily I could be wrong.

Rams beat us 3 times in I think 2004.

Yup that last game engram couldn't hold on to Hasselbeck pass in the end zone our final play

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for someone to say "we can't look past the Niners" As if the Fans have any impact on the outcome of the game by being confident :lol:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2nhalsoe said:
I'm just waiting for someone to say "we can't look past the Niners" As if the Fans have any impact on the outcome of the game by being confident :lol:

“We” can, let’s hope/pray the players don’t.

:{)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39gtgf0v said:
Yep, I just love telling people that WE don't actually play for the team :lol:

then why the hell am i screaming my vocal cords off 10x a season? Pretty sure I've also got a jersey hung in the rafters.

I may not be on the team or play football for the team, but I am certainly part of the team as the Seahawks wouldn't be the Seahawks without the 12's.

Maybe some other fans go to games to be entertained. 12's come to work.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qdjv621 said:

What are you talking about!? Of course what I do affects the game! I have to not look past the next opponent, I have to wear the correct Seahawks t-shirt for the location/time of day (home or away, primetime or not), I have to have my stuffed Seahawk wearing the big 2004 NFC Champion button sitting next to the TV... And all those other things that make the Seahawks not lose. The rest is up to them. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Mad Dog":16cl7on9 said:
SoulfishHawk":16cl7on9 said:
Yep, I just love telling people that WE don't actually play for the team :lol:

then why the hell am i screaming my vocal cords off 10x a season? Pretty sure I've also got a jersey hung in the rafters.

I may not be on the team or play football for the team, but I am certainly part of the team as the Seahawks wouldn't be the Seahawks without the 12's.

Maybe some other fans go to games to be entertained. 12's come to work.

Reasonable, and probably closer too how I feel but I certainly understand the folks that say “we” don’t play the game.

It’s always been an ongoing argument, not only here but probably every sports team board.

I say “we/us” all the time, I know it’s not technically correct but it’s typically how sports fans speak.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:lol:

Meh, The Fans being cocky and/or overconfident has zero impact on the game. It's just funny to me when people act like the confidence of FANS will somehow change the outcome of the game. I scream my lungs off at every game as well, but my level of confidence in conversations and/or a message board changes nothing.
That being said, I say WE all the time :irishdrinkers:
The whole "12s" thing is a completely different conversation. I'm a proud Seahawks Fan since 76. I don't need to be called a 12 :stirthepot:
I do enjoy ruffling feathers when people ask me if I'm a 12, and I just say "no, I'm a Seahawks fan"
As if it matters even a little bit, it's still funny. And my friends know exactly how to push those buttons right back at me so there is that........

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
pmedic920":1kk7blpn said:
So.

If I want to play The Cowboys in Dallas....

Do I want Dallas or the Colts to win today?

Colts win is nice. Cowboys are going to win their division no matter what as the Eagles are toast tonight, we don't want Dallas to pass the Bears for the three seed.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":z9c91bdj said:
So with the loss tonight how do we clinch a playodf spot?
I’m interested in how we get the 5 seed now because The difference between playing in Dallas as opposed to playing in Chicago with a wild card route is passive. This loss tonight was monumental The difference between playing in Dallas as opposed to playing in Chicago in the wild card round is massive. This loss tonight was a monumental choke job.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
NJlargent":1acjqof5 said:
Sandpoint Hawk":1acjqof5 said:
I’m interested in how we get the 5 seed now because The difference between playing in Dallas as opposed to playing in Chicago with a wild card route is passive. This loss tonight was monumental The difference between playing in Dallas as opposed to playing in Chicago in the wild card round is massive. This loss tonight was a monumental choke job.

Basically have to beat the cards and the Vikings lose to the bears OR we beat the chiefs and they lose one.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NJlargent":1pfx0lte said:
Sandpoint Hawk":1pfx0lte said:

One win and a Vikings loss to the Bears or Lions
Or just two wins...

NJlargent

Reaction score
The bears will have nothing to play for in week 17. Looks like the loss today cost us the 5 seed.