Why not us?

Elemas

Reaction score
Oh gawd Cyrus…I don’t know if I should laugh or just say F it and get on board.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
No thanks. If part of the point of trading Wilson was to get draft capital to build the team, I don't want to immediately go be to where we just were, or worse. I'd rather draft a QB and let him compete for the job with a couple of vets.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Anyone of the top 3 QBs at #9 will work just fine.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If any of you think Watson wouldn't give us a chance to be relevant again and likely be a perennial playoff team once again you are mad. Watson has the ability to keep us in the 10+ win range for years to come. If that sounds terrible to you by all means let's look elsewhere.

nutluck

Reaction score
If it was not the current FO I would say keep the picks and build through the draft. But I honestly just don't trust the FO to use the picks well. So I am all for getting Watson as long as it is reasonable trade. Consider what we got for Wilson Watson would likely cost more. Maybe 3 1st's 2 2nd's and a couple of players.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":cg5kgh0o said:
Anyone of the top 3 QBs at #9 will work just fine.

This is literally the worst qb draft in years. What is just fine in your book? 4-5 wins?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I actually think Watson is a more complete passer than Russell Wilson is at this point in their careers. His 2020 campaign is just as good, if not better than anything Wilson has ever done, on a much worse team nonetheless. Watson at this point in his career is more athletic and has more improv ability, in addition to this he's the more complete player. Watson can do everything well. Want him to be a pocket passer? He's very good there. Want him to work the short passing game and kill defenses with 1000 paper cuts? He can do that too. Want him to run a heavy play action, down the field attack? He's got that too. His last season, 2020 was absurdly good.

If the Seahawks got DeShaun Watson, we'd be even better off than before we traded Wilson -- assuming we didn't have to move any players. In that trade we upgraded our D-Line, and TE position, assuming we just throw draft picks, I think we'd also potentially have an upgrade at QB. Pair that with the upcoming draft class and FA and this team would potentially be competitive again.

That being said -- Hell no to Watson. I don't think I can root for someone like that. Give me Russell Wilson 10 times out of 10. I don't want anything to do with Watson and I'd lose a lot of respect for Carroll and Schneider if they actually pulled the trigger. On paper it makes sense, morally it's reprehensible.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Aros":1z3u2q7s said:
If any of you think Watson wouldn't give us a chance to be relevant again and likely be a perennial playoff team once again you are mad. Watson has the ability to keep us in the 10+ win range for years to come. If that sounds terrible to you by all means let's look elsewhere.

If you don't mind, please elaborate a little bit -

Honestly - I'm curious. Trying to decode all the hate/love Watson threads/issues.....

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I'm a licensed massage therapist in Oregon for the last 20 years. I've worked with the State licensing office here to stop unlicensed/sex oriented businesses. I've seen too many men and women use social media to get around the rules and use massage as a gateway for prostitution.

Up until early 2020, I was a die-hard Texans fan. I was born in Texas and followed the Oilers religiously. I've been in the pacific northwest for 33 of my 49 years on this earth. The Seahawks have always been my regional team.

I was all in on the Texans in 2017 drafting Deshaun Watson just on his talent alone. When I looked deeper, I was a bit stunned. What this young man went through to get to the NFL was phenomenal. Grew up poor. Mother had mouth cancer when he was 16 and he was left to care for his siblings, earn money to feed the family, and still maintain great grades in high school while working two jobs. He graduated college in three years while taking the Clemson Tigers to the National game twice. He won it all the second time. I mean... check out his Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deshaun_Watson

Here are some reasons why Jody Allen, Pete Carroll, and John Schneider would want to make a deal happen.

Eye Kick Touchdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URVI_TmSnWY&ab_channel=HoustonTexans

2020 Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kLb0bMpkLk&ab_channel=NFL

NFL Film Session with Kurt Warner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSkkW80Aaio&ab_channel=NFL

In 2020, he was the number one QB in the league. https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2020/POST/all/passingyards/DESC

The Texans front office messed this man over. When they fired Bill O'Brian, Watson asked to have his opinion on the next head coach considered. The owner, Cal McNair, said sure. Then promptly left him out of the loop. Nick Caserio hired David Culley and we all saw what happened with that.

And I've had a bad feeling about the front office for years. They traded Duane Brown to get rid of a 'headache' because Brown had and issue with Robert McNair's comment at the owner's meeting. Remember that? "Can't let the inmates run the prison." These old, rich, white men in Houston want their 'boys' to keep their mouths shut and do what they're told. This, and several other reasons, is why I stopped being a fan after 16 years.

Also, a lot of folks outside of Houston don't know Tony Buzzbee, the lawyer for the women, is a next door neighbor of the Texans Owner, Cal McNair. Buzzbee is known all around Houston as the sleeziest civil lawyer in the region. And he is known for looking for PR killer cases and forcing huge settlements for his clients. This guy went digging for women who had issues with Watson. He's tried to put this case in front of everyone to tarnish Watson's image in order to get a bigger settlement for the women.

Watson contends all of this was consensual and wants it all out in the public. He doesn't want non-disclosure agreements. He wants the world to see what these women are taking him to trial for and how much they want out of it. When you look at how conservative the State of Texas is and see that a Grand Jury didn't find enough evidence to indict him, you have to step back and wonder.

I know there is a lot of information there. Take some time to look at Deshaun's body of work, what he's done for his community, and not just the allegations thrown at him.

On talent, I would love to see this guy in Blue and Green. However, I would caution our front office to make sure they have plans, protections and protocol in place to help this guy stay away from all this kind of dumbass trouble in the future.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Watson is a very good QB, but hardly an upgrade from Russ. He adds youth, but he also adds baggage, and may have to endure a suspension. I am just hoping beyond hope that we use these Denver draft picks wisely to rebuild what is currently a very sub-par roster, and use the $$$ we save on Bobby to bring in a few good free agents. I'm afraid 2022 will be a transitional year, with the goal of landing a top QB in 2023. It's risky, the FO is scrambling to recover from some bad decisions over the past few years, but here we are...

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
^nice write up. Not sure why anyone would want to play for the Texans with those owners.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Wolfiegrrl":19cdw8x6 said:
Let me start by saying, I'm a licensed massage therapist in Oregon for the last 20 years. I've worked with the State licensing office here to stop unlicensed/$ex oriented businesses. I've seen too many men and women use social media to get around the rules and use massage as a gateway for prostitution.

Up until early 2020, I was a die-hard Texans fan. I was born in Texas and followed the Oilers religiously. I've been in the pacific northwest for 33 of my 49 years on this earth. The Seahawks have always been my regional team.

I was all in on the Texans in 2017 drafting Deshaun Watson just on his talent alone. When I looked deeper, I was a bit stunned. What this young man went through to get to the NFL was phenomenal. Grew up poor. Mother had mouth cancer when he was 16 and he was left to care for his siblings, earn money to feed the family, and still maintain great grades in high school while working two jobs. He graduated college in three years while taking the Clemson Tigers to the National game twice. He won it all the second time. I mean... check out his Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deshaun_Watson

Here are some reasons why Jody Allen, Pete Carroll, and John Schneider would want to make a deal happen.

Eye Kick Touchdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URVI_TmSnWY&ab_channel=HoustonTexans

NFL Film Session with Kurt Warner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSkkW80Aaio&ab_channel=NFL

In 2020, he was the number one QB in the league. https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/passing/2020/POST/all/passingyards/DESC

The Texans front office messed this man over. When they fired Bill O'Brian, Watson asked to have his opinion on the next head coach considered. The owner, Cal McNair, said sure. Then promptly left him out of the loop. Nick Caserio hired David Culley and we all saw what happened with that.

And I've had a bad feeling about the front office for years. They traded Duane Brown to get rid of a 'headache' because Brown had and issue with Robert McNair's comment at the owner's meeting. Remember that? "Can't let the inmates run the prison." These old, rich, white men in Houston want their 'boys' to keep their mouths shut and do what they're told. This, and several other reasons, is why I stopped being a fan after 16 years.

Also, a lot of folks outside of Houston don't know Tony Buzzbee, the lawyer for the women, is a next door neighbor of the Texans Owner, Cal McNair. Buzzbee is known all around Houston as the sleeziest civil lawyer in the region. And he is known for looking for PR killer cases and forcing huge settlements for his clients. This guy went digging for women who had issues with Watson. He's tried to put this case in front of everyone to tarnish Watson's image in order to get a bigger settlement for the women.

Watson contends all of this was consensual and wants it all out in the public. He doesn't want non-disclosure agreements. He wants the world to see what these women are taking him to trial for and how much they want out of it. When you look at how conservative the State of Texas is and see that a Grand Jury didn't find enough evidence to indict him, you have to step back and wonder.

I know there is a lot of information there. Take some time to look at Deshaun's body of work, what he's done for his community, and not just the allegations thrown at him.

On talent, I would love to see this guy in Blue and Green. However, I would caution our front office to make sure they have plans, protections and protocol in place to help this guy stay away from all this kind of dumbass trouble in the future.

Wow - thanks for the insight.

AgentDib

Reaction score
What does this team actually have?

Two high value contracts in Metcalf (+19m) and Fant (+11m). Then fifteen or so contracts with potential such as Curhan, Eskridge, Brooks, Taylor, Lewis, Tre Brown, Dallas, Barton, Amadi, Parkinson, Forsythe, Robinson, and Blair.

Is that a good enough young core to compete for championships if you add in Deshaun Watson? Everybody else on our team is being well paid and/or overpaid. Any free agents we add will likely also go in the overpaid category.

This off-season is chance to add a lot of good young talent to the team and giving that up to be mediocre would be a short sighted move on the part of the FO.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Wolfiegrrl":1h26lx8y said:
Let me start by saying, I'm a licensed massage therapist in Oregon for the last 20 years. I've worked with the State licensing office here to stop unlicensed/$ex oriented businesses. I've seen too many men and women use social media to get around the rules and use massage as a gateway for prostitution.

Very well constructed post wolfygrrl, and convincing IMO. But didn't you make another post on the Watson topic from the exact opposite point of view?

John63

Reaction score
Wolfiegrrl":1rl2mxpw said:

He wants it all out in the open but pleaded the 5th during his deposition. Sure does not seem out in the open.

hoxrox

Reaction score
A star QB or a much more complete team? I'm leaning towards the latter.

This team just has too many holes to fill. And while Watson is a star QB, I don't think he can carry this team deep into the playoffs by himself. What if he has a bad day at the office like Rodgers did? Star QB don't mean jack if the rest of the team isn't solid.

He'll get us some regular season wins, but we've been down that road before.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
John63":1ree85ga said:
Wolfiegrrl":1ree85ga said:

He wants it all out in the open but pleaded the 5th during his deposition. Sure does not seem out in the open.
You seem to have a problem with people exercising their rights??