Why Not Us?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Recently Geno said there's no reason we shouldn't think of the 2023 Seahawks as Super Bowl contenders. I agree. Why not us? The circle jerk over the Eagles and 9ers somehow having the end all as the cream of the crop, strangle hold in the NFC seems silly to me considering the difference between the elite teams and the bottom feeders isn't as much as people think. Currently, the Seahawks are rated at #14 in the NFL Power Rankings. I think they are closer to #10 myself.

This team could very well be special this year. Thoughts?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism, but using a Russ line is oof for me.

But yeah, IMO the NFC is wide open this season, if we get off to a good start and stay healthy in key positional groups? No reason the Hawks can't go deep, and who knows?

keasley45

Reaction score
Recently Geno said there's no reason we shouldn't think of the 2023 Seahawks as Super Bowl contenders. I agree. Why not us? The circle jerk over the Eagles and 9ers somehow having the end all as the cream of the crop, strangle hold in the NFC seems silly to me considering the difference between the elite teams and the bottom feeders isn't as much as people think. Currently, the Seahawks are rated at #14 in the NFL Power Rankings. I think they are closer to #10 myself.

This team could very well be special this year. Thoughts?

No reason this team can't be a contender. And if not this year, definitely next. The foundation is solid. Sky is the limit.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Our defense would have to start strong and stay healthy for it to happen but we're in better shape than most in the NFC
I agree. It would all boil down to the defense. If Adams can play an entire year...

There is no reason to believe the offense won't put out consistent production. There is just too many players on offense.

If Eli can win 2 Owls there is no reason to think Geno can't win at least one.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I voted in a different thread that I think this team could make it to the NFC Championship with the NFC being so open, my opinion hasn't changed at all. Bonus if they win it all at the biggest stage!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
As always, the injury bug is going to play a part. No injury bug? Then I think they can /should be a playoff team again. I think they are too inexperienced at this point to make a deep run though. Next year is the year. You have to be there once, get a feel for the higher level of intensity and then go back the following year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism, but using a Russ line is oof for me.

But yeah, IMO the NFC is wide open this season, if we get off to a good start and stay healthy in key positional groups? No reason the Hawks can't go deep, and who knows?
Calling it a Russ line is silly, considering 'Why not us?' was cliche in the 90's.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
That should be the floor of this roster. The ceiling should be a deeper playoff run than last year.

Too much talent added and drafted for our ambitions and expectations to not be higher than just WC again.

We are not better than the 9ers, hence the Wild Card.

Once in the playoffs, can we steal one on the road to make it deeper? Can't really say without context. Depends on who we play...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Personally I could give a rip about who said what quote. Nobody has an official license on a quote. I use it all the time in my life and I never once think about Russell Wilson. He is just one of many who has used that quote in life. Would it be less offensive to the more sensitive types if I had said "Why can't it be us?" Life is too short to be moved emotionally by a quote a former player said.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Personally I could give a rip about who said what quote. Nobody has an official license on a quote. I use it all the time in my life and I never once think about Russell Wilson. He is just one of many who has used that quote in life. Would it be less offensive to the more sensitive types if I had said "Why can't it be us?" Life is too short to be moved emotionally by a quote a former player said.

View attachment 60346

I don't think anyone was serious? I do think most fans associate that phrase with Wilson though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We are not better than the 9ers, hence the Wild Card.

Once in the playoffs, can we steal one on the road to make it deeper? Can't really say without context. Depends on who we play...

You trust Mr. Irrelevant to not come back down to earth and stink up the joint once every D-coordinator has had an entire off season to figure out Shanahan's check down to my super fast RB's style of offense?

Cause I do, and their defense is weaker too.

So I'm not sold on the we're not the best team in the west just yet until I see the Niners.